Shrek

Re: Gardiner Light Green Ultra Flex PU Hose
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2020, 08:10:08 pm »
Kinked already at the pole base. Not impressed with it one little bit! Seems the same as Exceed blue.

You must be doing something wrong then because iv used this set up for the past 3 years and never had any issues. Stop spinning your pole round and round and round

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2020, 08:10:33 pm »
I’d like my hose to trail flat along the ground, go up an extended 30’ pole without jamming and coil up in the van after use.
I use warm water all year, tend to leave pole hose and reel connected only disconnecting to straighten the hose out. Exceed and Gardiners Green will only coil back up if you introduce a twist. All season not so bad. Very surprised to see a kink the first day. Alex will no doubt explain it’s all due to bad hose management   ;D
My anger management consultant thinks all pole hose is crap.

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 08:13:21 pm »
Are you guys disconnecting after every job?

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2020, 08:18:27 pm »

Yes and then connecting into a return to tank hose to keep the water hot in the reels .

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2020, 08:21:32 pm »
That’s why you get no trouble then, hot water too I guess.

Shrek

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2020, 08:31:18 pm »

I never disconnect whilst working , but I only use cold . On a weekend, I disconnect and straighten pole hose

Simon Trapani

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2020, 08:34:31 pm »
We disconnect every time it goes back in the van. Never found the perfect pole hose yet.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2020, 09:07:39 pm »
When I used the green hose I disconnected every time (it was before I used the slick2connect) and trust me, the stuff is no better connected or disconnected. I bought it on the back of a rave review on here and I have to say, it's the worst hose I have ever used in 17 years! It's probably ok with hot water but not cold. I used it for 6 months hoping it would get better, but it didn't. I then tried it again (same piece of hose) for another 6 months and it never got any better- it drove me bloody mad!! ;D It's a terrible product for cold wfp and never lays flat, kinks and even knots itself! Never used anything like it (fortunately) Give me all season for cold water anyday.
Comfortably Numb!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 09:32:15 am »
The light green hose is different to the older (5.5mm) green PU Hose. It is a slightly thicker wall and is a more flexible formulation than the older green hose that perhaps some tried in the past.

As with all PU hoses this is slightly more rigid in use than a PVC hose - that is the nature of PU tubing and why it lasts so long in use even with hot water. Because of this tougher material it usually needs a good few weeks use to start to break it in fully and get full usability from it.

We do notice that whilst many users will love one type of hose others hate it - its very subjective a bit like brush choice.  It really does depend on your own user experience and most probably work used on. Whilst this light green hose has been very popular since its launch about 2 years ago (and far more popular than the orange PU hose), it still does not suit everyone.

As has been said before (so feel free to blank this bit Dave!) how you use and manage your hose will make the biggest difference to twisting and kinking the hose. It is best for the hose if the pole can be disconnected from the hose reel after each job and carefully coiled up in a loose coil before putting away. This applies whether using a 'hoseless' setup or not. Leaving the pole connected after each job will make any twists and loops that have been created by the pole movement on the job to be forced to stay in the hose upon coiling up the reel.

Disconnecting allows these to fall out after each job and will greatly prolong the life of any hose and help prevent kinks and loops. It will also reduce frustration on the job - as much as can be expected as pole hose can be the most frustrating of products even when looked after beautifully  :D

If absolute flexibility is needed and only cold or at most warm water is being used then the reinforced flexible PVC hose is very flexible and easy to use - however it is not as long lasting as any of the other hoses.

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2020, 10:07:29 am »

Non kink, my arse!  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 10:14:45 am »

Non kink, *******  ;D

Hi Dave

In standard use this hose is very resistant to kinking and will only kink if folded over very tight - usually this has to be done by hand or it can happen if folded across a tight edge,  perhaps repetitively. You can test its resistance to kinking by taking a fresh section and then by hand folding the hose over with your fingers about 20cm apart- you can touch the two parts of the hose together and it will not kink at the bend. With use it will only become more flexible.

If you feel that the hose is somehow faulty then please fill in our online warranty form  - https://gardinerpolesystems.typeform.com/to/y4oVnS - and we can arrange for you to send this back to us and we can explore further for you  :)

NWH

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 05:13:32 pm »
Dave get the water to 65-70 degrees it’ll stop kinking  out of submission 🤣.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »
i must admit i dont seem to get much trouble from my pole hose since I had my diesel heater installed.....i too disconnect the pole hose and plug it into my return valves when i go back to my van to keep my water hot......i use exceed blue and  orange PU hose....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2020, 06:50:38 pm »
I love hot water 🚿

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2020, 09:26:34 pm »
Better today (apart from the kink). I’ve given up coiling by hand and simply wind as much as possible onto the reel (valve and all). Not disconnected either. Turned the pole around during storage so the hose doesn’t go back on itself.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2020, 09:29:46 pm »
How far is the kink into the hose if it’s not to far cut the kink out and put another crimp round it.

Dave Willis

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2020, 11:16:41 pm »
It’s where it exits the pole handle, Exceed blue is exactly the same. Used to snip a bit off  near the brush head now and again to move the crease along a bit. Storing the pole in a drain pipe probably doesn’t help.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2020, 11:18:20 pm »
Not banging on about hot water but it always does that with cold water I never get this problem at all with hot

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2020, 06:49:19 am »
Many years ago I had the same problem  with the stiffer pole hose kinking at the base when extending the pole.

Jouk45 was a member of the forum then and he suggested that I spend a few moments 'spinning' the pole hose out of its coil before connecting it up to the main hose.

Very really do we get a 'birds nest'  at the base since then. I've still got a length of orange hose from Exceed on my everyday SLX22 when Steve first started selling it with the Aquadaptor.  I've had this pole 9 years and this hose was on my CLX22 before that.

Talking of Jouk45 (I think his name was Joe), does anyone know how he is? I often think of him as he was one of the original posters on this forum who helped me to get started into wfp with my many questions and problems.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2020, 07:30:09 am »
I remember him, wasn’t he part time window cleaner and security officer?

Couple of other oldies must have packed up by now. Dai from Wales and Jeff all into DIY before Alex took off.