JJay

I've got for just over a year setup like above and today "flow" and "battery" started to flashing on screen, one after other sometimes faster sometimes slower. It's really gets as pump works okay but changing flow rate is not so easy as I have to press just once to get one more up not like before push it till get required level.
Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks a lot for help

Ched

Re: 100PSI SHURFLO PUMP+STRAINER AND FLOWMASTER CONTROLLER ON BACK PLATE
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 01:39:23 pm »
Check battery voltage,  re calibrate controller, check connections, check strainer.

JJay

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 02:13:24 pm »
How to recalibrate?
I've check strainer and it's fine.
Checking connections looks okay. Battery shows 12.8 on controller.
When it happen in the beginning was showing 13.5 on controller. Strange.
At least you have me better help than pure freedom helpline...

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 03:24:35 pm »
Check connections again thoroughly. Visually & give them a slight tug/twist if blue bullet or spade etc.

Ched

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 03:38:43 pm »
How to recalibrate?
I've check strainer and it's fine.
Checking connections looks okay. Battery shows 12.8 on controller.
When it happen in the beginning was showing 13.5 on controller. Strange.
At least you have me better help than pure freedom helpline...
I think most controllers have a dead head setting so when pressure builds i.e. when you use a univalve, pressure builds and then pump controller shuts off pump.  The controller actually uses current to realise when it's dead headed.  Is there a manual (maybe online) for the controller as that should tell you how to calibrate/set dead head.
Also there is a pressure cut off on the pump by the micro switch. You need an allen key to adjust it.
I believe that in the hot weather sometimes the hoses flex a bit more and can affect the settings.

JJay

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 03:54:07 pm »
I've got manual. I've just checked and it won't let me recalibrate. It's just showing current calibration. Pure freedom told me that might be stuck button and to take off front panel but I did that and nothing happen. Voltage goes back to 13.0v and it's stuck on that...

Ched

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 06:19:36 pm »
Maybe there is an issue with the controller but the other thing it could be is an air lock. That said if the controller wont do what it's supposed to do then that might point to it being the issue.

OK so I trained as an electronics engineer and I would try and dismantle the controller circuit board from the front panel but that could kill the controller if you don't know how they go together. The buttons might be very small switches or more like membrane ones.

I would also be checking the voltage at all connection points with a multimeter including under load.

If you have 100% checked the basics then it's difficult to guess at the issue, sorry not to be of more help.