Cheque Stamp
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:41:04 pm »
Does anyone else have to pay in a lot of cheques and put the account number on the back?
Just thought a stamp would save me doing this. Has anyone else done this, or don't you write the number on the back?

Re: Cheque Stamp
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:44:11 pm »
Does anyone else have to pay in a lot of cheques and put the account number on the back?
Just thought a stamp would save me doing this. Has anyone else done this, or don't you write the number on the back?
I get paid 90% of cheques I dont quite follow what you mean about account number on back, I write amounts in book, give to smiling lady in bank she puts in computer, she gives me back the book and go back to office.

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 07:44:27 pm »
I have to right mine on the back but i get the sectery to do it  ;D

if i start getting hundreds i would buy a simple stamp with the acount number on tho yes save a load of time.

Dave
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 07:46:44 pm »
get paid 90% of cheques I dont quite follow what you mean about account number on back, I write amounts in book, give to smiling lady in bank she puts in computer, she gives me back the book and go back to office

He means on the back of each cheque some banks ask you to put your account number on there. Which to me is a great idea if your sending them to your bank and the bank recive 20 cheques and 1 gets lost in a pile your acount number is on the back so they know what bank acount its for.

Dave
Dave.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 07:51:27 pm »
get paid 90% of cheques I dont quite follow what you mean about account number on back, I write amounts in book, give to smiling lady in bank she puts in computer, she gives me back the book and go back to office

He means on the back of each cheque some banks ask you to put your account number on there. Which to me is a great idea if your sending them to your bank and the bank recive 20 cheques and 1 gets lost in a pile your acount number is on the back so they know what bank acount its for.

Dave
sod that, change banks, I have enough to do everyday than do there job for them and then have to pay there charges

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 08:03:47 pm »
Dave123 explained it correctly.
I'm with Abbey and they instruct to write your account number on the back for the reasons that Dave gave.

Abbey is free, but you have to use a machine, and for this reason you can't pay cash in.(you can but I wouldn't advise it)

Most days I get cheques and i have to put them in an envelope with a slip and write on the back of them I just thought someone else might have a few tips about the stamp.

dai

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:01:36 pm »
I used a stamp for my Nationwide account. I ordered it from Staples and if I remember right it cost me £12. It saved me loads of time. Dai

Ravensford

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:31:24 pm »
Set up a template on the PC & put the cheques through the printers document feeder. Occasionally get one that snags but have not had any destroyed. Put a note on the template to remind you to feed the cheques upside down. I also do a quick copy of them to verify who has paid what.

Works for me & takes seconds.

Dave

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 09:34:14 pm »
I would rather let my bank do it, I dont get paid for it they do

matt

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 11:36:34 pm »
vista print do free stamps

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 12:06:04 am »
Dave123 explained it correctly.
I'm with Abbey and they instruct to write your account number on the back for the reasons that Dave gave.

Abbey is free, but you have to use a machine, and for this reason you can't pay cash in.(you can but I wouldn't advise it)

Most days I get cheques and i have to put them in an envelope with a slip and write on the back of them I just thought someone else might have a few tips about the stamp.

I did print out some sheets of miniature labels with my acc no. on to stick on the back.  However, at less than 100 cheques per month, I started writing on them when the labels ran out.  A stamp sounds fine but the ink would run if it got wet.