where did you get the longer rinse bar from gardiners only do 12"

may as well get a wider brush as well

Den68

Re: Rinsing on
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »
ok so im going to order one

Adam trust me after you get used to him they will make your day quicker, you will save water  don’t us them on a brush that splays easy hence my original post using a ultimate medium with the low pressure rinsebar.

35cm was sent to me test and try out the difference between the 25cm and 35cm rinsebar.. im using the 35cm  rinsebar with a 35cm medium hybrid extreme The bristles are firm  and don’t splay this combination is  a total winner for me the coverage is brilliant you have to use a swivel to get the maximum benefit.

@paul Alan stirred my interest in the rinsebars have taken advise of him and never looked back.

For those that haven’t tried  the rinsebar that’s fine if you are happy with your set ups that’s great  each to their own.

For those that are interested in them you need to slightly change you technique and  stick with it, I’m happy going home earlier so paid for it self the first day, of course this my opinion only.

tony day

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2019, 06:09:57 pm »
So what's the technique with a rinse bar?

Do you scrub as normal then when it comes to the rinse you move the brush left and right down the glass with the brush on the glass or do you scrub up down and essentially rinse on the down stroke?

That's the joke of it, if you run the jets across the glass at say 2ltrs per minute then the same amount of water will hit the glass no matter how many jets you use, this is just another useless gadget for bored shiners to play with.
Bod Dylan Quote: Don't criticise what you can't understand!!

nathankaye

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2019, 07:49:08 pm »

You absolutely wont regret it and especially with the bigger brush. A similar moment to when a person goes wfp from trad and wish they did it sooner  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2019, 08:11:43 pm »

You absolutely wont regret it and especially with the bigger brush. A similar moment to when a person goes wfp from trad and wish they did it sooner  ;D

Waiting for the extreme 25 to be back in stock, may as well go the whole hog, should knock 2 hours a days off then eh  ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2019, 08:38:07 pm »
So what's the technique with a rinse bar?

Do you scrub as normal then when it comes to the rinse you move the brush left and right down the glass with the brush on the glass or do you scrub up down and essentially rinse on the down stroke?

That's the joke of it, if you run the jets across the glass at say 2ltrs per minute then the same amount of water will hit the glass no matter how many jets you use, this is just another useless gadget for bored shiners to play with.
Bod Dylan Quote: Don't criticise what you can't understand!!

I don't know who said it but I prefer the saying that a fool and their money are easily parted.

P @ F

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2019, 08:55:30 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

I am interested though as it could well help with getting my water hotter , I currently use about 1.7LPM through Gardiner red fans , if this thing does work well at 1.5LPM then my water will get hotter as it will be in the exchanger longer .
Do all you current users have about 1.5LPM ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dry Clean

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2019, 09:08:39 pm »
Ive not read all the post on this thread
(Haha get my excuse in early)

But im confused with some of the above posts, especially the one where someone fails to see how more jets or spray bar fails to clean any quicker. Unless ive totally misread it.
Ita like saying that a 12 inch brush cleans just as much in a pass as a 14 inch brush or a 14inch squeegee to that of an 18 inch squeegee.
Its not really about how many litres a min the pump is giving out the water but more the way the water is distributed accross the window giving an effective rinse/clean.
A rinse bar will always trump two jets (unless the operator works it on a trickle)
4 jets will trump 2 jets and 6 will trump both in terms of water fall and spread.

Its up to the skill of the operator in how he or she optimises the use of either as to how effective it ends up being during the clean. Along with how much energy one wants to expand on each window.

Absolute nonsense, as Iv already explained all you're doing is dividing the same flow  by the amount of extra  jets therefore no extra water actually hits the glass,
There's a balance to be had with brushes, weight v coverage, a wide brick might cover more area but it will also be harder to push and lift which also slows us down,  personally I would rather have an extra run on the glass than work all day with a oversized brick which why most tend to start out heavy and go lighter, not the other way round.

nathankaye

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2019, 10:12:22 pm »

But im confused with some of the above posts, especially the one where someone fails to see how more jets or spray bar fails to clean any quicker. Unless ive totally misread it.
Ita like saying that a 12 inch brush cleans just as much in a pass as a 14 inch brush or a 14inch squeegee to that of an 18 inch squeegee.
Its not really about how many litres a min the pump is giving out the water but more the way the water is distributed accross the window giving an effective rinse/clean.
A rinse bar will always trump two jets (unless the operator works it on a trickle)
4 jets will trump 2 jets and 6 will trump both in terms of water fall and spread.

Its up to the skill of the operator in how he or she optimises the use of either as to how effective it ends up being during the clean. Along with how much energy one wants to expand on each window.

Absolute nonsense, as Iv already explained all you're doing is dividing the same flow  by the amount of extra  jets therefore no extra water actually hits the glass,
There's a balance to be had with brushes, weight v coverage, a wide brick might cover more area but it will also be harder to push and lift which also slows us down,  personally I would rather have an extra run on the glass than work all day with a oversized brick which why most tend to start out heavy and go lighter, not the other way round.

Depends on age and physical abilities, your not talking an excessive weight difference if cleaning domestic houses.  If cleaning at greater heights you may have a point but really  ::)roll ::)roll on domestic houses.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Den68

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2019, 10:17:20 pm »
;D ;D ;D

I am interested though as it could well help with getting my water hotter , I currently use about 1.7LPM through Gardiner red fans , if this thing does work well at 1.5LPM then my water will get hotter as it will be in the exchanger longer .

Yes we have two 26cm low pressure rinsebars  and both of us are happy with 1.5lpm,

When using two pencil jets you see the water hitting the glass in two places and then you get splash back from them jets leaving big gaps in between outside the two points of contact.
With the rinsebar you get 16 microjets hitting the same pane of glass the same width of the brush now imagine a dot to dot drawing if you connect them 16 dots together you get a straight line which is wall of water above the brush that wall of water with minimum splashback follows your brush rinsing on, lots of energy and time saved rinsing on the glass instead of rinsing off.

Everyone so far on this thread that owns one as said how good it is if there is anyone that owns that think is a sack of shhyte please giv their opinion why maybe they haven’t slightly changed their technique yet.

nathankaye

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2019, 10:21:55 pm »

Waiting for the extreme 25 to be back in stock, may as well go the whole hog, should knock 2 hours a days off then eh  ;D

Not quite but you will be suprised how quicker you will be and with less energy spent doing so.
The other month 2 chaps (2 man team wfp'ers) waited outside their van opppsite the house i was cleaning and i noticed them watching.     We ended up having a friendly chat and we got talking brushes n sizes etc and they commented  on the speed and how they realised it was the brush size and jets that made the difference compared to them.

However, some will disagree but, you will have to report back what ur experience is. Is it slightly faster or is it just the same and a feel good factor instead
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Den68

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2019, 10:22:50 pm »

35cm extreme great brush and weighs a lot lighter than the ultimate range which isn’t exactly heavy.
I have a old shoulder injury that can flare up that’s why I have electric reel, extreme pole and use ultimate and extreme brushes.

Spotfree

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2019, 08:24:08 am »

No, no more water is actually being used! Less water is being used which is great as water is a valuable resource. The way the flow is being delivered is more effective.
 Rather than 2 jets splashing away in 2 spots, you now have many jets that form a curtain of water above the bristles which eliminate contamination and reduce overspray.
I have tried for a long time now to get perfect results using 2 pencil jets whilst rinsing on the glass to get perfect results and time and time again the results are not 100%, especially on the hydrophobic glass.
A rinse bar solves the issue effectively, using less water.

They are great IMO.

Dry Clean

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2019, 08:47:10 am »
;D ;D ;D

Yes we have two 26cm low pressure rinsebars  and both of us are happy with 1.5lpm,

When using two pencil jets you see the water hitting the glass in two places and then you get splash back from them jets leaving big gaps in between outside the two points of contact.
With the rinsebar you get 16 microjets hitting the same pane of glass the same width of the brush now imagine a dot to dot drawing if you connect them 16 dots together you get a straight line which is wall of water above the brush that wall of water with minimum splashback follows your brush rinsing on, lots of energy and time saved rinsing on the glass instead of rinsing off.

Everyone so far on this thread that owns one as said how good it is if there is anyone that owns that think is a sack of shhyte please giv their opinion why maybe they haven’t slightly changed their technique yet.

Who's everyone ?  you have Nathan K who thinks hot water melts concrete and being fit and young is a genuine reason for using heavy gear, yourself and a guy who got one to test for free, lets be honest this may attract a few faffers but most wont even give it the time of day, when rinsing with the brush on the glass the brush stops splash back and forces the water back onto the glass, I shouldnt have to explain why this is better than 10 or more dribbles running down from above it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2019, 08:59:00 am »

No, no more water is actually being used! Less water is being used which is great as water is a valuable resource. The way the flow is being delivered is more effective.
 Rather than 2 jets splashing away in 2 spots, you now have many jets that form a curtain of water above the bristles which eliminate contamination and reduce overspray.
I have tried for a long time now to get perfect results using 2 pencil jets whilst rinsing on the glass to get perfect results and time and time again the results are not 100%, especially on the hydrophobic glass.
A rinse bar solves the issue effectively, using less water.

They are great IMO.

Explain how reducing the force and dribbling less water onto glass that repels water helps ?

Slacky

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2019, 09:10:40 am »
water is a valuable resource.

Once water has done its job, cleaning the glass, where does it go, if its so valuable?

nathankaye

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2019, 09:38:26 am »
Funny enough i was cleaning a patio window yesterday which had concrete splatter on and i did consider filming it so it would resolve this silly argueing about hot water and how effective it is on concrete splatter.
A comment above mentioned how he uses lighter poles n equipment because of a shoulder injury and hence my point about a persons physical abilities as to what brush for instance they would use. Then we have sean (dry clean) who feels that a slightly heavier brush is crippling and maybe it is to him because hes a stubborn chappy who believes if it aint broken dont fix it. Therefore disbelieving anyones claim that either a bigger brush or more jets or a rinse bar and even hot faster flowing water will not speed up a person. So therefore using a slightly heavier brush may be crippling when working slightly longer per window than the most of us  ;D

However, each to their own and thats why there is a selection of brushes, jets and rinse bars as everybody works differently and have different preferences.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2019, 10:20:47 am »
I love it and it is quicker....only my opinion though.... ;D
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

nathankaye

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2019, 10:38:34 am »
https://youtu.be/H3WcGJbzl2w

Watch from 5min 44sec in and you can see how there isnt a piddly spray of water!

Or even hot (which gives a faster flow anyway) water and six jets.  Hmmmm lets see what water flow it gives
https://youtu.be/v0CeiiO5qoM

How does it compare to 2 jets or fan jets as demonstrated by alex using a back pack
(Bare with me till i find a vid showing it from a van mount)
https://youtu.be/7m3aCL7SZRQ

X line video showing their 2 jets verses fan jets.
https://youtu.be/HPBlrWp9cY8

I rest my case as to which gives the better flow and coverage.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2019, 12:19:46 pm »
You can’t compare the two.

Too many variables. Pump rating, hose diameter, length of hose, hot or cold water, jet type, jet size, what is the pump running at, width of hose,  diameter of the smallest connector between the tank and brush head.  List goes on...