JandS

Re: Rinsing on
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 08:02:29 pm »
Great piece of kit.....better rinse at a lower flow rate and am using less water too......you can adjust the height so I have it as low as it can go which means the jets go through the bristles rather than above the brush....use it with the Ultimate medium for rinsing on.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Spotfree

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 08:18:47 pm »
Great piece of kit.....better rinse at a lower flow rate and am using less water too......you can adjust the height so I have it as low as it can go which means the jets go through the bristles rather than above the brush....use it with the Ultimate medium for rinsing on.

Been using it for months, its knocking a good hour off a 6 hour day.

jonny thompson

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:01 pm »
Same here been using it for the past week, easily earning an extra hours pay per day

Spotfree

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 08:46:59 pm »
It's a bit hard to get your head around at first, but when you get in the grove its flipping great. It's like having someone else follow you around and rinsing with another brush while your scrubbing.

Matt Stanley

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 09:55:09 pm »
It's a bit hard to get your head around at first, but when you get in the grove its flipping great. It's like having someone else follow you around and rinsing with another brush while your scrubbing.

Can you briefly describe how you attack a window with the rinse bar fitted? Do you scrub frames and glass as usual but no rinse action afterwards?

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 10:18:41 pm »
So what's the technique with a rinse bar?

Do you scrub as normal then when it comes to the rinse you move the brush left and right down the glass with the brush on the glass or do you scrub up down and essentially rinse on the down stroke?

Matt Stanley

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 10:23:01 pm »

Do you scrub as normal then when it comes to the rinse you move the brush left and right down the glass with the brush in the glass or do you scrub up down and essentially rinse on the down stroke?

You phrased that much better than me!  :D

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 10:37:05 pm »

Do you scrub as normal then when it comes to the rinse you move the brush left and right down the glass with the brush on the glass or do you scrub up down and essentially rinse on the down stroke?

I agree  ;D

Matt Stanley

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 10:40:41 pm »

I agree  ;D

LOL!!!  ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 10:50:08 pm »

That's the joke of it, if you run the jets across the glass at say 2ltrs per minute then the same amount of water will hit the glass no matter how many jets you use, this is just another useless gadget for bored shiners to play with.

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 11:30:57 pm »

That's the joke of it, if you run the jets across the glass at say 2ltrs per minute then the same amount of water will hit the glass no matter how many jets you use, this is just another useless gadget for bored shiners to play with.

I cant see how it would be any quicker as whether you rinse on or off you are still rinsing surely ....but that's why I asked maybe I'm missing something.

I can see it having an advantage at height not having to lift the pole off the glass to rinse.

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 07:14:20 am »
Rinsing is rinsing. All gardiners are really doing is trying to monopolise the market. Flogging gear that makes more sales even if it isnt really required.

jonny thompson

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 07:32:44 am »
Try it before knocking it, or listen to those who have used both, as you are scrubbing top to bottom, you are rinsing at the same time, hence saving time and water, but each to there own

Stoots

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 07:39:59 am »
Try it before knocking it, or listen to those who have used both, as you are scrubbing top to bottom, you are rinsing at the same time, hence saving time and water, but each to there own

On phobic ? I can see how it works on philic let the brush drop and it rinses, but on phobic surely you can get enough water volume down the glass when simply scrubbing up and down and letting the brush drop

Going to try one though, when someone talks about knocking an hour off their day I'm interested

Spotfree

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 08:14:53 am »
Ha... all you guys saying its useless without trying it!

If your not too fussy with your results on the glass then a rinse bar probably wont make much difference, whenever I try rinsing on the glass and check later some windows just don't come up good. Hydrophobic glass especially gets sideways runs of spotting off the bristle tips.

For me the rinse bar allows me to keep the brush on the glass and acheive a very good finish with no spotting, which is why it makes me a lot faster.

The downstroke is the rinse, you need to deal with the top frame first and once up and once down and done! If ita a wide pane of glass then just fanning it and scrubbing and rinsing at the same time. You can be sure that your not leaving bristle tip spotting with a rinse bar.

The hydrophilic glass is a doddle with whatever you use but the rinse bar is the only thing that solves the hydrophobic glass rinsing problem for me, fan jets don't have enough water weight and pencils take all day.

I would say its only going to be a help if want to eliminate the possibility of spotting whilst being quick. I love it!

(I'm coastal BTW)

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 08:17:41 am »

I cant see how it would be any quicker as whether you rinse on or off you are still rinsing surely ....but that's why I asked maybe I'm missing something.

I can see it having an advantage at height not having to lift the pole off the glass to rinse.

From the moment you put the brush on the glass and turn on the water on you are rinsing, therefore when rinsing on the glass you are not only rinsing but also giving the glass an extra scrub at the same time, that said if you are the type of guy who doesn't fall for the hydrophobic nonsense and clean it the same as you clean every other pane of glass then you wont save a lot of time if any but its still a lot less strain over the working day.

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 08:27:39 am »

On phobic ? I can see how it works on philic let the brush drop and it rinses, but on phobic surely you can get enough water volume down the glass when simply scrubbing up and down and letting the brush drop

Going to try one though, when someone talks about knocking an hour off their day I'm interested

Vision was knocking three hours off the working day for some, I tend to take these type of replies with a pinch of salt,  lol
its the same with the dont knock it until you try it, to be honest like a lot on here Iv cleaned more glass than any human being should ever have too,with experience you get to know what works what might work and what doesnt.

Slacky

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2019, 09:23:14 am »

Ha... all you guys saying its useless without trying it but haven't asked if any of us have tried it!

nathankaye

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019, 09:28:45 am »
Ive not read all the post on this thread
(Haha get my excuse in early)

But im confused with some of the above posts, especially the one where someone fails to see how more jets or spray bar fails to clean any quicker. Unless ive totally misread it.
Ita like saying that a 12 inch brush cleans just as much in a pass as a 14 inch brush or a 14inch squeegee to that of an 18 inch squeegee.
Its not really about how many litres a min the pump is giving out the water but more the way the water is distributed accross the window giving an effective rinse/clean.
A rinse bar will always trump two jets (unless the operator works it on a trickle)
4 jets will trump 2 jets and 6 will trump both in terms of water fall and spread.

Its up to the skill of the operator in how he or she optimises the use of either as to how effective it ends up being during the clean. Along with how much energy one wants to expand on each window.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spotfree

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2019, 05:36:13 pm »

Ha... all you guys saying its useless without trying it but haven't asked if any of us have tried it!

Don't need to can tell by reading you haven't.