UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Rinsing on

<< < (26/26)

tony day:

--- Quote from: Spotfree on January 23, 2019, 08:17:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dave Willis on January 23, 2019, 08:11:01 pm ---Can’t be arsed to read the pages. I use an Ultimate Dupont that has gone out of shape a fair bit. How does the rinse bar reach over the bristles? Pics required I think!

--- End quote ---

It doesnt, not on the ultimate dupont. Too much splay, you need more appropriate brush.

--- End quote ---
Any pics " Mr i can't be arsed to rinse anymore?

windowswashed:

--- Quote from: Gomo on January 24, 2019, 11:51:22 am ---Been using mine for the first time today with and without a swivel

Different, not sure if I were held say better.

Swivel is weird, it's horrible on sills but I quite like it on the glass.

Rinse bar, definitely easier on upstairs windows not having to lift the brush off the glass.....downstairs windows, if they are below waist height or patio doors it's awkward as the way the rinse bar works is to keep the brush horizontal....this means having to with angle the brush head up or stand at the side and use the swivel....not convinced on down stairs windows I think I preferred rinsing off as on downstairs I always scrub about 45 degree angle.

Overall I think it's good, better certainly on upstairs windows yes downstairs um maybe .

I think I need to try it more.

--- End quote ---

Swivel horrible on sills............What I do is when I get to the sills, I tilt the brush slightly at an angle so it's a third over the sill edge and two thirds remaining on the sill and slide along, might find it easier for you that way. Downstairs windows are easier to clean standing further back than normal with a rinse bar but adjust the brush head to angle higher so it covers ground level easier

Den68:

--- Quote from: windowswashed on January 25, 2019, 11:42:39 pm ---
--- Quote from: Gomo on January 24, 2019, 11:51:22 am ---Been using mine for the first time today with and without a swivel

Rinse bar, definitely easier on upstairs windows not having to lift the brush off the glass.....downstairs windows, if they are below waist height or patio doors it's awkward as the way the rinse bar works is to keep the brush horizontal....this means having to with angle the brush head up or stand at the side and use the swivel....not convinced on down stairs windows I think I preferred rinsing off as on downstairs I always scrub about 45 degree angle.

Overall I think it's good, better certainly on upstairs windows yes downstairs um maybe .

--- End quote ---

Swivel horrible on sills............What I do is when I get to the sills, I tilt the brush slightly at an angle so it's a third over the sill edge and two thirds remaining on the sill and slide along, might find it easier for you that way. Downstairs windows are easier to clean standing further back than normal with a rinse bar but adjust the brush head to angle higher so it covers ground level easier

--- End quote ---
that is exactly how I clean the sill I don’t find it awkward just comes natural after a while, patio doors etc once again adjust the brush and face the door I never end down unless I really have too.

Stoots:

--- Quote from: windowswashed on January 25, 2019, 11:42:39 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yeh with sills it's probably a technique thing I'm used to cleaning without a swivel. When you push the brush into the sill with a swivel it wants to move and swivel all over the shop. Just need practice.

As for downstairs yes you have to step right back and angle the brush up a lot,it's a weird method. Much easier standing to the side.

I'll try it for a full week next week.

To be honest swivel or no swivel, rinse bar or no rinse bar I could work with both....it's just what you get used to I don't think there's much in it either way

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version