jonny thompson

Rinsing on
« on: January 02, 2019, 09:49:49 pm »
What’s best fan or pencil jets

Spotfree

Re: Rinsing on
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:39:13 pm »
If the glass is hydrophillic you can rinse on with whatever you like.

If it's hydrophobic then it's different, I find on some windows that when you rinse on you find side-ways spotting coming from the bristle tips that dries dirty. I have checked glass when dried and found this many times. I even did my own windows last week and found it on 3 windows (hydrophobic).

The best thing for hydrophobic glass to be able to rinse on is a rinse bar, hands down the best way to get a spotfree finish!

Others will diss-agree, try it for yourself!

lal

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:12:54 pm »

I prefer Fan Jets.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 11:25:36 pm »
The combination that works well for me is a light mono dual trim brush like the Gardiner Xtreme, with 100 degree fans and high flow rate. The latter is crucial.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:22:06 am »
When rinsing on the brush forces the water to spread out therefore jets size and shape will make no difference, most rinsing on the glass problems will be caused by  not having the flow high enough.

alank

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 11:21:32 am »
As above turn up the pump! Basically rinsing as you go on a lot of jobs. Gardeners 35cm extreme 4x100 degree fans swivel goose neck can't go far wrong   ;D

Den68

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 06:39:13 pm »
Gardiner low pressure rinse bar without a shadow of a doubt set pump to 1.5lpm and you will have a great rinse, you will save a lot of water and be finished a lot early,

The rinse bar works extremely well with the ultimate medium when rinsing on.

I have been given a 35cm rinse bar to try out for comparison against the 26cm  and can honestly say it’s absolutely out of this world when using with a 35cm extreme medium hybrid have set the pump at 2.0lpm  and blitz through my work, I truly hope Gardiner brings it into production.

Myself and son have been using the above and we are finishing approx 1.5 hour earlier each day.

But to answer your original question if you are sticking with jets then 100 degree jets are my preferred choice set pump to 1.5lpm I find a good flow rate.

jonny thompson

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 06:49:46 pm »
Do you not find you hit the vents above the windows using the rinse bar, I tried the xline one which fitted into the middle of the brush, the problem I found was after about a week, the holes where either blocking up or the water was coming out at different speeds and directions
Do you not find this with the Gardner ones

Den68

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 07:09:20 pm »
Do you not find you hit the vents above the windows using the rinse bar, I tried the xline one which fitted into the middle of the brush, the problem I found was after about a week, the holes where either blocking up or the water was coming out at different speeds and directions
Do you not find this with the Gardner ones

That was a worry for me but as soon as you use themyou instantly realise there is more chance hittin the vents with pencil jets, when you clean thethe vents put the brush slightly over the vents clean the top of frame then clean the window with the rinsebar so the spray down goin below  the vents just like you would with any brush hope that makes sense.

You must use a swivel with them you need to slightly change your technique also but after a few days you will be flying thru your work.

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 08:11:23 pm »
Rinse bar

zesty

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 09:23:59 am »
High flow rate and big fat 3mm Jets.

Everyone’s different, it’s whatever works for you, just try a few of the options and see what works...

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 10:19:20 am »
I never used fan jets before surely water is water right if you turn the pump up you gonna use more water just as you do with pencil jets? How do you get the same rinse if you're saving water. So basically it's faster and you save more water that sounds really good what's the catch

JandS

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 12:51:31 pm »
Just ordered the low pressure rinse bar and I already use the Ultimate medium so will try it out Wednesday.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

jonny thompson

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 03:48:32 pm »
Mine came today, so first day tomorrow with it , I had a go after fitting it and I reckon no more rinsing off the glass for me👍

Den68

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 05:56:18 pm »
Just ordered the low pressure rinse bar and I already use the Ultimate medium so will try it out Wednesday.

Happy days, give it a few days to get used to it and you will never look back  you will need a swivel 👍

Den68

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 05:59:19 pm »
Mine came today, so first day tomorrow with it , I had a go after fitting it and I reckon no more rinsing off the glass for me👍

Different at first , stick with it and update tomorrow.

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 07:05:13 pm »
Ive always rinsed on the glass and i have two different brushes for this.
Both dual trimmed but one is 14inch and 6 jets whilst the other is 12inch and I use gardiners normal rinsebar.  (I used to adapt the bissel rinse bar prior to this)
Ive done a couple of vids on nk services on youtube if u want to find any.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Den68

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 09:54:08 pm »
Ive always rinsed on the glass and i have two different brushes for this.
Both dual trimmed but one is 14inch and 6 jets whilst the other is 12inch and I use gardiners normal rinsebar.  (I used to adapt the bissel rinse bar prior to this)
Ive done a couple of vids on nk services on youtube if u want to find any.
If you like the bigger brush you will love the 35cm rinsebar it’s really Is the biz, really hoping Gardiner  brings it into production.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 10:09:52 pm »

Happy days, give it a few days to get used to it and you will never look back  you will need a swivel 👍

Any chance of a posting little video please?
It's a game of three halves!

Den68

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:38 pm »

Any chance of a posting little video please?
I have the worst internet ever I live in a rural village no chance of uploading a video struggles to upload a photo lol.