zesty

Re: Scratched window-Help
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 06:58:53 pm »
No way is that a pole scratch.
It’s to straight and neat.

It’s not on the door glass you can see, it appears that way cos he’s taking a photo close up of his own glass door.

zesty

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 07:01:21 pm »
You can see the reflection of his hand and camera phone in the photo, it looks like a small scratch, and perfectly possible it was the pole, as it would have fallen that way and scratched at an angle.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 07:28:54 pm »
Update. Went to have a look and it’s a very light surface scratch about 8 inches long. He has bought the glass repair stuff (at my expense) and I didn’t admit it but did apologise. Said I would leave him to it to try. I’m really not sure if it was me or not. I’m 50/50.

The stuff had just arrived when I went to look but haven’t heard anything so hope it’s not a case of it not working and then him getting back to me saying he wants another resolution. We shall see....... cheers guys

zesty

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 07:48:53 pm »
Update. Went to have a look and it’s a very light surface scratch about 8 inches long. He has bought the glass repair stuff (at my expense) and I didn’t admit it but did apologise. Said I would leave him to it to try. I’m really not sure if it was me or not. I’m 50/50.

The stuff had just arrived when I went to look but haven’t heard anything so hope it’s not a case of it not working and then him getting back to me saying he wants another resolution. We shall see....... cheers guys

Given the angle, was your brush to the right of the scratch? If so then your brush would have fallen that way across the glass, potentially scratching it...

Though i doubt a brush stock would scratch glass when just falllong over...

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 08:52:46 pm »
The pole was definitely to the left of the window. It’s a 3 pane kitchen window and the scratch is right across the middle pane right bang in the middle of the glass.

zesty

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 09:13:36 pm »
The pole was definitely to the left of the window. It’s a 3 pane kitchen window and the scratch is right across the middle pane right bang in the middle of the glass.

Highly doubt it was your pole then!

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 08:32:24 am »
I know but there is that teeny weeny bit of doubt the pole might have been to the right of the window although I’m 80% sure it was to the left but can’t be certain. Let’s just hope that’s the end of it 👍

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 11:44:45 am »
I don't know what you  have written or what you have said thus far to your customer but if you are pretty sure it WASN'T you then I would leave it.

If you get contact complaining further and the customer saying that you have admitted liability by paying for the kit you might consider informing him that everything has been done solely out of "good will" to keep a hitherto good customer happy.

From this point on you are informing him you do not admit any liability and that you consider the matter closed.

If it was you then that is different.

It's a game of three halves!