suds window service

threats
« on: April 11, 2010, 05:49:52 pm »
only the second time in 4 years ,someone phone us and said stop canvassing on my patch or face the consequences.
 he didn't hang about on the phone to tell me where his patch was and we cover  a few towns lol.... what a loon ::)

suds window service

Re: threats
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:54:33 pm »
mumber withheld too! why bother.

tomy jackson

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:54:48 pm »
you get em but frunt em and ther offfffffffffffffffffff

cozy

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:03:50 pm »
mumber withheld too! why bother.

Didn't want you to see it was me   >:(

suds window service

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »
lol we don't cover Europe

cozy

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:14:04 pm »
Had it a few times mate, met one of the idiots last year. They fold up and crawl away most times but you may get the persistant mongs who start calling you up at 2 in the morning and sending silly e-mails. Never lasts though.  ::)

suds window service

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 06:20:28 pm »
just make themselves look silly imo talking about patches,last time i checked we lived in a free country.
i spend hundreds on advertising, these people can't even be arsed to look after there business professionally.
anyway got another 2000 flyers to get out in new areas from next week so it wont put us off.

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:01:16 pm »
last chap who put flyers on my patch ,i rang him up and he said sorry thought no one cleaned that area, we are still mates no need for aggro  ;D ;D

suds window service

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 08:16:40 pm »
last chap who put flyers on my patch ,i rang him up and he said sorry thought no one cleaned that area, we are still mates no need for aggro  ;D ;D
how is it your patch stan? do you mean that they are areas that you work.
do you own the streets where you work? do you exclusively own the rights to these areas? you guys who think like that are not right.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 08:23:01 pm »
Hey Stan,

thats a bit of a slight on your workmanship if he thought the windows needed doing  ;D ;D ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

cleewindows

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 08:58:47 pm »
i had a brainless idiot texting me saying he was interested in quotes windows,then driveway etc
i text back call me and i will come for a quote each time,will do tommorow.
 i thought i will call there bluff.
i rang up says is that the window cleaner??
he says yes would you like a quote???
i said no,just stop texting me as im not happy and your not clever or funny!
all i got was hello sorry cant hear you and hung up!
so i rang again.....straight to answer machine! ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 04:18:48 pm »
another fudgepacket thread ::)

Llaaww

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 06:16:53 pm »
if its dirty its fair game. end of story.
if it is dirty it is fair game

martinsadie

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:04 pm »
do you own the streets where you work? do you exclusively own the rights to these areas? you guys who think like that are not right.
you guys are on a different planet we have always worked this way,we buy compact rounds and keep them that way,if we get asked to clean else where we pass ity on to the cleaner in that area,we didnt pick the work up by knocking we paid good money for it

davids3511

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 06:31:25 pm »
That's up to you Stan, but if I lived near your patch I would leaflet it as much as I liked and you would be welcome to take it up with me in person. I have had loads of hassle over the years, always over the phone though. None of the mouths have ever had the balls to come see me personally.

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 06:39:20 pm »
That's up to you Stan, but if I lived near your patch I would leaflet it as much as I liked and you would be welcome to take it up with me in person. I have had loads of hassle over the years, always over the phone though. None of the mouths have ever had the balls to come see me personally.
leaflet all you want sunshine we also have loyal customers  ;D ;D

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 06:43:03 pm »
you guys are on a different planet we have always worked this way,we buy compact rounds and keep them that way,if we get asked to clean else where we pass ity on to the cleaner in that area,we didnt pick the work up by knocking we paid good money for it
just because you bought customers dont mean you own them.

martinsadie

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:46:34 pm »
people only canvass because they are to tight to shell out  ;D ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 06:56:44 pm »
no answer stan to my post , you getting to old ?  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:38 pm »
worked with a cleaner 20 years younger than me today i started at 8 he turned up at 9 15 and he had to finish first at 4 ,still lots of life in  the old dog at 51  ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 07:02:36 pm »
worked with a cleaner 20 years younger than me today i started at 8 he turned up at 9 15 and he had to finish first at 4 ,still lots of life in  the old dog at 51  ;D ;D
;D, come work for me, I would have you asking for your pipe and slippers  lol  :P
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

tomy jackson

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 07:03:06 pm »
your not old yet stan

martinsadie

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 07:03:28 pm »
there s a reason us southerns down move up north  :P, you would have problems if you moved into the 21 century. Stan enjoy it whilst it lasts
when are you moving Ian,if you dont pick up much work i can find you a day a week but you will have to work off ladders dont want you looking a fairy with your pole  ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »
your not old yet stan
reckon ive 21 years on the ladder left in me Tomy  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 07:05:55 pm »
there s a reason us southerns down move up north  :P, you would have problems if you moved into the 21 century. Stan enjoy it whilst it lasts
when are you moving Ian,if you dont pick up much work i can find you a day a week but you will have to work off ladders dont want you looking a fairy with your pole  ;D ;D
am moving (fingers crossed within 6 weeks) I will keep my rounds and open another  ;) I dont know how to ride a horse but thanks for the offer dad  ;D

tomy jackson

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 07:07:17 pm »
put your hand bags away gerlls ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 07:08:14 pm »
put your hand bags away gerlls ;D ;D
dont you start!!!!!!!  :P

martinsadie

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 07:09:25 pm »
am moving (fingers crossed within 6 weeks) I will keep my rounds and open another  ;) I dont know how to ride a horse but thanks for the offer dad  ;D
Dad ,maybe so i was in the Cambridge area in the 80s  ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 07:10:56 pm »
Dad ,maybe so i was in the Cambridge area in the 80s  ;D ;D
maybe your my step dad them as I was in Watford in the 80's thank good ;D maybe why I am more advanceed  :P

martinsadie

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »
went to Watford as well  ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 07:19:32 pm »
went to Watford as well  ;D ;D
my mum is small as are you but im 6 foot 1 and 14 plus a bit  ;D

I also cant spell giddy upr nay and saying rag bow, really is not fitting with my posh accent :D :D

I know you would have been proud of me, but I'm not your son pops although I can send you a pic so you can pretend many other window cleaners do this lmao :P

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 07:47:34 pm »
no body own and area... paid for or canvassed! end of!

martinsadie

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 07:53:36 pm »
no body own and area... paid for or canvassed! end of!
every ones entitled to their own opion ,end of

Darranvps

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 08:25:17 pm »
Come and clean our home windows, we don't have the time ;D

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2010, 08:49:25 pm »
theres a different attitude round here stan knows what your saying but even his custies know he paid good money for that round and will be loyal to him, i was asked to clean a cons,nr me 4 streets away but off my [patch] i seid if your cleaner dont wont it i,ll do it but i,ll ask him first just the way it is round here i paid good money for mine aswell

windymiller

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2010, 08:58:58 pm »
im off to bacup tomoz canvassing ;)  ;D ;D ;D

andyjm1

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 09:02:09 pm »

people only buy work because they're too scared to knock on doors  ;D ;D  ;D

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 09:09:05 pm »
My God who wrote that rule book have you never heard of free interprise. The Wheel has been invented lets move out off the dark ages and just for the record I am 60  and with the programs. This is 2010 patches, on my trousers

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2010, 09:10:23 pm »
leaflet all you want sunshine we also have loyal customers  ;D ;D
If you have loyal customers why would you tell someone not to leaflet?
I think you're on a hiding to nothing on this one, don't you

martinsadie

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2010, 09:27:34 pm »
im off to bacup tomoz canvassing ;)  ;D ;D ;D
wont be my problem,dont clean many in Bacup  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 09:29:09 pm »
theres a different attitude round here stan knows what your saying but even his custies know he paid good money for that round and will be loyal to him, i was asked to clean a cons,nr me 4 streets away but off my [patch] i seid if your cleaner dont wont it i,ll do it but i,ll ask him first just the way it is round here i paid good money for mine aswell
some one else who knows how it is around here

martinsadie

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 09:33:06 pm »
My God who wrote that rule book have you never heard of free interprise.
no i havent but ive heard of free enterprise  ;D ;D ;D

idealrob

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 10:34:56 pm »
it might have been said on this thread but " You can buy and sell rounds & cutomers, but you never own them !  FACT

I think the point that customers know stan paid good money for the round is rubbish, peole never move, new customers move in, or doesnt it happen on Stans patch.
We were asked by Mothercare on Teesside to quote for window cleaning, quoted, happy with price, then the threat off sawn off shotgun, by window cleaners wife, and she sounded rougher than the guys of lock, stock & 2 smoking barrels. She even had the stupidity to ring from the public phone box from her works premises. Called the police, let them deal with it .
We have been asked to quote where customers not happy with current window cleaner, or his methods or attitude or the fact that he last cleaned windows in October 2009, and retuned in end of February 2010, and wanted his cutomers back. We were 33% dearer, told him he was welcome to go and speak to the customers and let them decide. Kept all customers, they prefer WFP and their frames & sills are cleaned and the new latest method, and we could clean in freezing conditions, and been regular every week.
We have a contract we have had for 36 years, but still dont stop over 100 other targeting it, unsuccesfully, I am glad to say

Seen it from all sides, and still here and having our best year ever

idealrob

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 11:41:06 pm »
idealrob dont think that because someone buys a round thay dont provide a very good regular service at a great price, people buy rounds that are compact and contimue or even improve on the last cleaner to keep that round compact and with happy custumers,when you buy your round its only a good will jesture to the bloke who,s worked it for years in all weather, the custies you could call leads you have to make your own by building trust with a good service and a smile :)
i should add that in no way do i agree with threatning anyone and its not something i would do !
also there are other cleaners on my [patch] and prob,stans as well but i clean about 90% of houses round here.

amayze

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2010, 06:30:29 am »
Always remember......

There will always be more windows in the world than there will be window cleaners !

cozy

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2010, 07:19:16 am »
Good point Mick P, any round has to be built first though before someone can sell it!! From what Stan has said in the past, there can be trouble where he works. I think he said awhile back that guys had been "Chased off" by WC's in his area before.

Personally, I think it's abit old fashoined and silly to think it's all about patches, but apparently that's how it is in some parts of UK. Tosh had a problem with some team where he works when he first started. Went to the Police and got it sorted in the end.

These sort of attitudes cause lots of problems and keeps prices low. Nobody wins in "Patch wars" IMHO. Seems to only apply to WCing, or do you know of other trades that are effected by this?

By the way, the guy in one of the areas we work that tried to threaten me is now struggling to keep going. Lost alot of his custies to us and another WC last year. Where's his "Patch"?

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:56 am »
cozy i think your right it is a dated model this patch thing now theres wfp vans wc are more mobile than thay were and its a healthyer situation  :)

Platinum

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 08:06:36 am »
Im in the north west which i think is where stan is...

It is like this round here but i ignore it. They are just stupid that they cant see they are losing business because they are doing something wrong. I provide the highest quality service in the clean and on customer service, we are uniformed, friendly and polite.

Ive only been properly threatened once and he never came back. I took the rest of his work and never seen him again. Ive also had a guy follow me round telling me he wasnt a happy chappy that id canvassed on "his" estate and picked up customers that werent even his.. After annoying me i got upset and he left saying he was going to phone me but didnt hear anything.

Any window cleaner with a problem with someone canvassing on there estate is just childish with little interllect in my opinion. They havent got the brains to see they dont have the customer loyalty because they arent doing the best they can regardless of price. They are the ones who dont canvass so every customer they lose they lose out big time.

Happy Canvassing  ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2010, 12:30:49 pm »
where abouts in the north west danny?
im in east mids.
thanks.
george.

daz1977

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2010, 01:18:11 pm »
danny is in the st helens area

i remember reading a story of a bloke who was threated on here and the blokes logic was that if they couldnt get a new wc, they would have to come back to him

out of all the jobs i have lost, there has been only 2 that i was bothered about the rest crap payers or bad access,  dont let them get to you,  if a custy leaves for a cheaper price then they will keep moving on till they get someone who will do it for a pound,  i priced a job the other day quoted 10, women said that her wc charges 5 at the mo and she thought i might of been cheaper, 

suds window service

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2010, 01:31:55 pm »

. They are the ones who dont canvass so every customer they lose they lose out big time.

Happy Canvassing  ;)
   so true>

cozy

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »
Oh yeah, remember reading about that somewhere, icecream vans too, it was a few years back though.

martinsadie

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2010, 07:15:27 pm »
idealrob dont think that because someone buys a round thay dont provide a very good regular service at a great price, people buy rounds that are compact and contimue or even improve on the last cleaner to keep that round compact and with happy custumers,when you buy your round its only a good will jesture to the bloke who,s worked it for years in all weather, the custies you could call leads you have to make your own by building trust with a good service and a smile :)
i should add that in no way do i agree with threatning anyone and its not something i would do !
also there are other cleaners on my [patch] and prob,stans as well but i clean about 90% of houses round here.
another cleaner with a bit of savvy leaves the forum

G Griffin

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2010, 07:22:14 pm »
Seems to only apply to WCing, or do you know of other trades that are effected by this?

I think the mobile burger vans have similar poop going on!
Yeah. Going on the bun.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

martinsadie

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »
another cleaner with a bit of savvy leaves the forum

i.e. Someone else from the Stone Age like you...

PW
stone age or not,got one of the biggest rounds around here still picking up work,never ever canvass,just quality trad cleaning ,shouldnt you be out pestering people on thier doorstep or else polishing your pole

idealrob

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2010, 09:58:25 pm »
window cleaner like that near us, where our factory is, doing Coronation street type 2 up 2 down street houses, he use to chase other off, but other 2 window cleaners came on the area in the last year doing a few comercial. The trouble is he is sick of window cleaning, he is not liked by many of his customers, and is expensive, H & S is a joke, breaks every law there is, and hes a JW, and looks a cowboy. People see us doing our own factory windows and are impressed by the method and results, might start putting a poster in our shop window or on wall advertising our services, with the added benefits of WFP

idealrob

formb

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2010, 10:00:07 pm »
window cleaner like that near us, where our factory is, doing Coronation street type 2 up 2 down street houses, he use to chase other off, but other 2 window cleaners came on the area in the last year doing a few comercial. The trouble is he is sick of window cleaning, he is not liked by many of his customers, and is expensive, H & S is a joke, breaks every law there is, and hes a JW, and looks a cowboy. People see us doing our own factory windows and are impressed by the method and results, might start putting a poster in our shop window or on wall advertising our services, with the added benefits of WFP

idealrob

JW?

mci services

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:36 pm »
Jehovah witness

idealrob

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:12 pm »
Thats correct, and if any of you didnt know by my previous posts and my father getting into window cleaning, because of being neutral during world War 2 and not been able to get a job because of his neutrality, turned to window cleaning. He is still proud elder and JW at 85 years old, along with myself, rest of familly and wife & 2 grown up sons.
So dont want people to think I am against JW`s, I am one myself, our views are life is sacred.

idealrob

baldeagle

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:06 pm »
I wonder if any of those on this forum who advocate buying and selling rounds, have ever bothered to obtain the views of, or even the permission of,  the customers, regarding being "bought and sold"?

Judging from the language that you have used on each other, I'd guess that courtesy isn't something that you extend to those that pay you.

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

formb

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 08:15:01 pm »
Thats correct, and if any of you didnt know by my previous posts and my father getting into window cleaning, because of being neutral during world War 2 and not been able to get a job because of his neutrality, turned to window cleaning. He is still proud elder and JW at 85 years old, along with myself, rest of familly and wife & 2 grown up sons.
So dont want people to think I am against JW`s, I am one myself, our views are life is sacred.

idealrob

Is it common for JWs to be WCs?

I ask because a guy near me is a JWWC,

nice guy,

still trad.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 08:47:39 pm »
Alot of JW's are windies!! Its a good way to earn a living and have the time to go to there meetings/assemblys on the work etc without having to ask an employer for time off.
Idealrob, i used to be a witness but have not been for a number of years, you may know my father clive k, from redcar cong.
I did some window cleaning for a brother from Darlington alot of years ago, are you from that way?
Sorry to be nosy, interested, I am into the napolian hill way of thinking as your dad was!!
Suds!!! if you read this, I have rang the number a few times now for that job in boro but no one answered yet. will keep trying!! Forget about the threats mate, by the way if it was in the acklam area you have been canvassing I can tell you who it is!!         

idealrob

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 10:10:42 pm »
Hi Kentclean, followed your large van down trunk road yesterday. Yes , used to like your dad public talks, he used to be in the North Ormesby cong, as a young lad. My son James is in the Darlington congregation, he cleans Teessides biggest job, the one on the A174, you know the one I am on about.
Like the comment about Napoleon Hill, he did not try to be rich, just turned out that way, he is still going strong at 85 years old, and celebrated 64th wedding aniversarry today. He even used one of our WFP poles about a month ago on his own mansion windows.
My did was missionary in Ireland for a lot of years, as said in other posts, only turned to w/c becuse he could not get a job because of neutrality during the war. The rest is history

idealrob

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 10:21:35 pm »
hope i was not speeding!! just dropped a 60ft pole off at kenny jones from stockton. do you know him?? You will know mike magee then, dad work on the windows for years with him. dads doing some public talks again, put a request in and you can here him again!! lol I cant believe you can request speakers now!! And no tues book study. How things change.

idealrob

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 10:57:04 pm »
Sorry dont think I know Kenny Jones, probably by site, know Mike McGee well, and try to get Clive to come home to North Ormesby, and give a talk.
Know you wernt speeding, stood at Traffic lights.
What size tank you got in that huge van  ?

idealrob

suds window service

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 11:00:00 pm »
!
Suds!!! if you read this, I have rang the number a few times now for that job in boro but no one answered yet. will keep trying!! Forget about the threats mate, by the way if it was in the acklam area you have been canvassing I can tell you who it is!!         

ok mate txt me your number and i will give it to my customer.
 no not acklam not in the boro at all. dont know which area he never said.
end of the day iam building a business I DO NOT UNDERCUT OR QUOTE ON PRICE.
iam am 100% of the time more expensive but pride myself on the quality of our service.
watched another large outfit clean a house in half the time i would do it in...just did the glass wfp too.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:15 pm »
its a 3500kg van with a 1100 ltr omnipole tank and system. my little ebay bargain!! twin40ro with booster pump. with di to pole. Shes big but can keep me ladders all inside. Signage is basic but has brought me a good number of jobs in.
You will know john curwin. hows his finger??

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2010, 11:19:53 pm »
ok matey. 01642 290814 or 07938926125
The reason i said acklam is that i had a guy come up to my van the other day ranting and raving about me taking customers off him. I leaflet and give a price, i showed him my prices in my diary to shut him up, i was 50% MORE expensive, his jaw dropped!! He is top wfp bottom trad, but doesnt clean off sills unless asked. I wfp all frames and sills every visit, and look Presentable. He ended up buying an old omnipole off me. and i was his MATE, !! he mentioned a guy over acklam who was going to get it!! as he put it!! who was canvassing!! Funny thing is I was cleaning 1 house down the road where this joke was working,k he cleaned around 10(with his pal) in the same time it took me to do 1, me on me own. But I got 2 new customers that very morning (good friday) on that road just after he disappeared. Guess he doesnt want the tax man to know hes working in his UN sign written van!! More fool him ;) ;) ;) 
Keep up the standards and dont let the threats worry ya mate.
Thanks again