Craig 72

Re: WFP Trolley
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »
I couldn't justify spending £500+ on a trolley so I went for one of those 35 litre ones similar to the one in a recent post.Just over £200.I know people will say buying cheaper is false economy but time will tell.There seems to be a fair few people happy with them.The only drawback I can see is the fact you have to fill the barrel and not just switch over.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 06:21:05 pm »
Is this the one you mean, Craig 72?

I don't know about the quality, but it really looks the part.

If I had one I'd be very inclined to get my name and phone number sign written on the front. That'd make it look even better.

Martin ccs

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »
ill just throw this idea in - purefreedom 50 litre trolley.

dai

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 06:50:27 pm »
all aluminium and stainless, no rust.  same pump, varistream digital, 30 meter microbore, twin pole carriers, 25 or 50 litres, nearly 4 years on the clock, 85 amp hr battery. pump box just unhooks if you need it for van mount
I have had loads of people stop to admire this trolley, and several asked if they could take photos.

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 06:59:39 pm »
 Hmmm, pesky trolley spotters  :-\.

Nice job though Dai.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Craig 72

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 07:14:48 pm »
Is this the one you mean, Craig 72?

I don't know about the quality, but it really looks the part.

If I had one I'd be very inclined to get my name and phone number sign written on the front. That'd make it look even better.

Yeah thats the one Wally,or very similar.That's an excellent idea about the writing on the back.I was umming and ahhing about the fact that it's cheapish but I just couldn't afford more frankly.Hopefully it will last me a while.

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 08:28:34 pm »
all aluminium and stainless, no rust.  same pump, varistream digital, 30 meter microbore, twin pole carriers, 25 or 50 litres, nearly 4 years on the clock, 85 amp hr battery. pump box just unhooks if you need it for van mount
I have had loads of people stop to admire this trolley, and several asked if they could take photos.

I love it.

And here's what I love about it:

* Easy to get the barrel in and out of.

* Place to carry not only one, but two poles.

* Hose reel on board.

* Varistream well out of harm's way - (Cannot get damaged by anything less than nuclear strike!)

If you took that design brief to a skilled designer/manufacturer, you'd have a world-beating product there.

Maybe you should get a Trevor Bayliss or a James Dyson interested - or even take it to a company like Numatic who are very big in cleaning machines.

matt

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 09:06:01 pm »
and he recycled his ladders if my memory serves me correct

brett walker

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 09:11:07 pm »
if you can make a good looking trolley you can save yourself a few quid  8)

£500 plus for a trolley is  just a mornings work for some on this forum ::) ;D

the best trolleys on the market are pure freedom and x-line

ive got a pure freedom and what i have done is taken their logo off the front and put my business name and phone numbers on  ;)

Brett.

chopsie

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 09:22:51 pm »
I am with matt on this one,Its just a glorified sack truck, Now i detest DIY,but I got a job today which best suited my backpack. I have not used it since mid December, but charged it up yesterday. Well it would not work, but i remembered reading on here about problems with wires coming off the battery,so off i went to the van and took it apart and yes the negative spade connector was off.but as i pulled top off the backpack i.e the yellow bit which holds the water, the little hose came off the nozzle in bottom of yellow bit.well hose is that short i had no chance of putting it on,Tried and tried and ended up snapping the plastic connector nozzle in base of yellow tank.So I have thought sod it,I am going to use all the gubbins from backpack,get a sack truck and make a trolley capable of carrying 2x 25 litre drums. but as an afterthought i am wondering about using a fishing trolley as someone once suggested on here,does anyone think they will be strong enough?
chopsie