what is the extra value
« on: January 11, 2009, 11:54:05 pm »
priced up a diy system for around £850 with hoses, pole and what nots inc. vat
fitted systems are coming in at minimun 1150 exc. vat , hoses poles and what nots  are extra. so about £1600 all in. what is that extra £750 buying you ???
niall

Alex Gardiner

Re: what is the extra value
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:31:25 am »
Having someone set it up for you, lack of hassle, time. Knowing that the components will work together.

Fully DIY is great if you already know what you are on about. For those who do not then having someone fit a system is worth its weight in just the knowledge factor.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:55:40 am »
Many of my customers could buy a ladder and clean their windows themselves and save a lot if money in the long run, especially those that live in bungalows. They don't though as they want to pay for a service and can't be bothered. They guys that fit systems are doing likewise, providing a service. Take it or leave it.

Simon.

ftp

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41:23 am »
If it comes with a cage then that'll bump the price up by four to five hundred i would have thought. Plus a days labour to fit it (how much do you want for a days work).  :)

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 12:03:38 pm »
fitted systems are coming in at minimun 1150 exc. vat , hoses poles and what nots  are extra. so about £1600 all in. what is that extra £750 buying you ???
niall

I agree with all of the above, and normally you will get a years warranty with the parts and labour. If its only another £750.00, i would have it all fitted.

Re: what is the extra value New
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 01:23:55 pm »
niall

Is that a full 40 inch RO system with auto cut-off when tank is full. Electronic flow controller, metal cage, outside ports for filling and working. Every fitting you will need, battery, charger etc?

You have then got to assemble it all as well. Getting it fitted safely involves quite a bit of knowledge and man hours. As Alex says well informed DIY can work but in most cases people prefer the peace of mind that pro assembly and installation along with a guarantee.

Unlike a lot think there are not big profits in many fully fitted system nowadays. The market is more competitive than ever which can only be a good thing for the customer.

Andrew

Rogue Trader

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 01:28:11 pm »
A lot is to be said for a factory fitted system ,

for me the benefits are ,

* having support when something goes wrong
* looks a hell of a lot better in the van (convincing sceptical new custies)
* not losing anytime fitting/scratching head when you could be out earning. (this could be the difference in cost alone)