bluesteve

traffic wardens
« on: October 03, 2006, 10:40:03 pm »
 >:(
i was cleaning the windows on a pub today and the traffic warden got a little and i mean a little splash back from my pole , he then started gobbing off about health and safety because i had my hose on the pavement (which was nt un attended) he took some photos and said he was going to report me to the HSE.
 A couple of months ago he did this to the painter who left his ladders while he changed his brushes and he got him charged apparently because he left unattended ladders up.
 does any body have any angles on this health and safety
issue , most apprecative if you do
 cheers steve
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

gerrystyles

Re: traffic wardens
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:44:46 pm »
Put him in for a jobsworth award.  You did not say if you were using warning signs. A must to prevent the "no win no fee syndrome"

bluesteve

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:02:17 pm »
no i was nt using any warning signs as it was about 1 metre away from me, and if any one walked by i told them to watch the hose.
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

gerrystyles

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:14:05 pm »
Worth having warning signs. The Traffice Warden could report you for a Health & Safety Breach under Section 3 of the Health and Safety at Work Act

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:47:39 pm »
A warning sign can be any means by which a person is alerted to a potential hazard in a manner appropriate to the hazard that is present.

In this case, someone saying 'be carefull' is accepted as such. If it the warning sign is a hazard marker, such as cones, then they must conform to H & S standards but if the warning is verbal, then that is acceptable unless the person doing the warning is likely to be distracted.

The only time a person can actually 'report' a person for a breach of H & S is if that person is qualified and competent to do so. Other than that, all they can do is 'make a report' which is very different. Then the incident would, or maybe, or not as is often the case, be looked into by someone who is qualified and they would make recommendations only unless any injury occured.

If that advise, which has to be given specifically to the person concerned, is not then followed, then the sh*t can hit the fan.

I was an H & S rep on the railways in a previous incarnation and they were sh*t hot on such things.

Cheers

KJG

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:57:24 pm »
Warning signs are a must as is nutting traffic wardens. Go back to this job with some signs, even home made one's, and take some pictures yourself. If any thing comes of this pr|ck, you can argue the toss with a bit of bullsh|t. Put a complaint in against him too, saying he was rude, aggressive and that he was racially abusive to your 'coloured workmate' etc.

Mr BSF

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:57:48 pm »
Worth having warning signs. The Traffice Warden could report you for a Health & Safety Breach under Section 3 of the Health and Safety at Work Act

;D ;D ;D ;D

He is a traffic (traffice???)warden and nothing else, its got nothing whatsoever to do with him, myself or any body else could report you for this, what would be done anyway????,  you'd be advised to use warning signs, thats all ;D carry on with your job, dont worry you wont go to prison for it, jobsworth,idiot and naive do spring to mind though,

regards

BSF  ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 12:10:01 am »
Warning signs are a must as is nutting traffic wardens. Go back to this job with some signs, even home made one's, and take some pictures yourself. If any thing comes of this pr|ck, you can argue the toss with a bit of bullsh|t. Put a complaint in against him too, saying he was rude, aggressive and that he was racially abusive to your 'coloured workmate' etc.

If the H & S was involved, they would not give one iota about racial abuse etc. They would only be concerned about breaches of H & S rules.

I agree with Mr BSF

A jobsworth and I also agree, carry on with your job. Some traffic wardens are ok but some are power freaks. They get off on the uniform, if it can still be called that. Some look like clowns.

It's like the joke of yester year, why do traffic wardens have a yellow stripe around their hats?

So as you don't park on their heads.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 07:10:53 am »

I often don't use warning signs but I do lay rubber matting over the hose where it crosses the footpath.  I thought that a sign was optional if the matting was used.  Does anyone know if that's correct or am I doing it wrong by relying just on matting?

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 07:17:16 am »

USE A BACKPACK.

NO TRAILING HOSES!

Sorry lads. I'm getting as bad as squeeky with my backpack!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 07:36:32 am »
Squeeky  ??? ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o :o :o
Sussex by the sea