s.hughes

New type of sponge
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:36:29 pm »
I was cleaning the windows of a customer who had loads of stains on the glass which just wouldnt shift no matter what substance I used. When I explained the problem to them they said that they had something that would get it off no probs. So they came out with this small white sponge which was square like a brillo pad. When I used this on the glass all the stains came away in one sweep, brilliant. They couldnt remember the name of the product but they said that they bought it from QVC via the internet. Now I have seached for this on the site and just cant find it. Now something so good must surely be known by one you guys so if you could point me in the right direstion then it would be much appreciated.
After 12 years of w/c I have never come across anything like it and it would save a load of time.

Cheers
Steve

Mike Jones

Re: New type of sponge
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 01:38:10 pm »
Wilkinsons sell it.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 01:44:37 pm »
Over here its called the magic eraser made by Mr. Clean, when i lived over there mr. clean was called mr. proper dont know if thats still the case, picture of a big bald guy with earings
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

H h20

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 01:58:22 pm »
Hi Steve,iv`e been using these for a while and they are amazing i get mine from my brush supplier,it is the same matreial as the abrasive strip you can get on some applicator sleeves,Gaz

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 03:00:40 pm »
Ok thanks I'll try Wilkisons but Gaz who is your brush supplier, would they send out some by post?

Thanks

Steve

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 03:41:57 pm »
I've (quite) badly scratched a window using the green 'scratchy' stuff you should clean pots and pans with.

I'd be careful with what you use.

reah

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 04:13:37 pm »
Tescos sell the white sponges.
Great for doing indoor cleans as they get rid of all those stubborn marks.
They are allso non scratch.
I allways have one in my bucket.

petski2

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 06:15:49 pm »
They are called Duzzit pads.
Weve been using them for 2 years on upvc.
Brilliant. ;)

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 06:19:30 pm »
The eraser is also supplied by a big firm called JML , can be found at woolworths , probably have a site too JML

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

s.hughes

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 06:20:28 pm »
These sponges are white and absolutley safe on glass, they wont scratch. I was suprised myself and gutted that I had to give the sponge back to the customer. There may be sponges similar on the market but I wont be happy until I have the right one, and until that time I wont rest.

Steve

Pat Purcell

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 06:29:52 pm »

s.hughes

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 07:04:53 pm »
I've checked out your link Pat and it does look about right. I have looked further into it and it seems that your Mr Magic eraser (in usa) is our JML Magic eraser over here. I checked out their site and the sponge looks the same as my customer had. This is one that you can cut to size which they didnt mention. It will cost me £5 which includes postage but on ebay they have one so I put bid on it and hope to get it cheaper. I'm not sure if this is the one so I dont want to pay to much. I think you have put me in the right direction and when I get it I will let you know if it is and how good it is.

Cheers
Steve

batterbee

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 07:05:47 pm »
These sponges are white and absolutely safe on glass, they wont scratch. I was surprised myself and gutted that I had to give the sponge back to the customer. There may be sponges similar on the market but I wont be happy until I have the right one, and until that time I wont rest.

Steve

Hi steve

If i recall flash do these sponges and if you have a makro near you they sell them there.

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 07:11:01 pm »
Steve I have some in my house for regular cleaning bathtub etc they work great especially for removing magic marker from walls etc only tried it once on glass to remove hard water stain it didnt work ..to describe it its a rectangular  shape pure white in colour and feels a little pasty to the touch and does not feel abrasive at all

s.hughes

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 07:34:52 pm »
This was really good on glass infact the minute I started using it any worries of scratching was gone, so I may have to keep looking

Cheers
Steve

s.hughes

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 06:31:03 pm »
Thanks windolene I think they are the ones so I have ordered them and I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers
Steve