Archy136

Re: Bought new round
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 10:25:49 pm »
50-60 houses per day. That might end up good money but 50-60 times you have to pick up the money, be polite, talk about the weather etc etc. That would send me nuts.

groundhog

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 11:04:03 pm »
I wouldn't bother, I could earn the same amount doing just 12 of my average priced terraced houses, get your prices right!!! 

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 11:13:02 pm »
I wouldn't bother, I could earn the same amount doing just 12 of my average priced terraced houses, get your prices right!!! 

Good God  !!  We actually agree on something.   :)

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 11:25:22 pm »
Of course Shiner, the Groundhog is always right! ;D

vt

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 09:55:16 am »
Thanks a lot. I'm thinking about the letter approach but it's a bit demoralising when you've got old people arguing over 10p. If they were 40 years younger, you'd just tell them thats the price take it or leave it, but it's the old pensioners joker coming out again that messes with your head.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 12:29:45 pm »
vt,

Id just put the prices upto £5 no arguments

Why not say you'll clean the frames and switch to monthly cleans so in reality its not costing them any more, but at least your not working as hard for the money and it'll give you more time to find some better paying work.

Im based not to far from you being in Warrington and I charge £2 for cleaning a front door!!

Alistair

Pat Purcell

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 12:46:25 pm »
Vt if you feel for the old age pensioners why not raise everybodys price to whatever is a good no. for you and then offer the pensioners a discount off that, this way you can justify your price to the non pensioners and as they move on the new customers that move in will pay your regular price. say 5 quid regular price 4 quid oaps if half cancel you still make the same money for less work
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 05:12:02 pm »
I'll go to the shop, collect prescriptions and change light-bulbs and stuff for OAPs.

I wouldn't give them a discount though.

groundhog

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 06:27:32 pm »
Your running a business, not a charity. Put the prices up, if they don't like it dump them and get some decent customers, theres plenty of them out there! ;)

archercleaningserv

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 07:53:43 pm »
hi,
 just to say that i have been operating in the manchester area for 18 years & i charge £4.00 to clean a terraced house , so if your charging £2.00 - £2.70 i would seriously put them up , without a doubt. i charge £2.50  for anybody who wants fronts or tops to be cleaned .add on another £1.00 to wipe the sills down.
 Obviously customers complain & some will cancel , but in my experiance i explain to them that i am running a business , pay tax,insurance etc , so £2.00 - £2.50 is for the window cleaners who are undercutting the legitimate window cleaners & thats why they can charge & undercut the rest of us . Also a good one to point out is that if the window cleaners who are charging less & maybe signing on or doing it as a secondary job , that if they fell off or had an accident on their premises then they could be held responsible ,as they could be classed as the employer & therefore should ask if you are insured , because i GUARENTEE that if you damaged any item of theirs they would want it replacing or compensation ............
  THINK OF IT THIS WAY , IF I HAD 100 HOUSES @ £2.00 , I WOULD RATHER EXPLAIN & PUT THEM UP TO £4.00 AND ONLY CLEAN 50 = EXACTLY THE SAME MONEY & LESS WORK .. SOME CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE CANCELLED WILL COME BACK , BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO CLEAN WELL , POLITE,RELIABLE,HONEST = THEY WILL THEN SEE YOUR TRUSTWORTHY & BEFORE LONG YOU WILL HAVE LOADS OF CUSTOMERS PREPARED TO PAY MORE THAN £4.00........ CHRIS.

captain lard

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 11:25:58 am »
Great post Chris,had never thought of the insurance angle you mention.