I’m not decided yet if I’ll be using a back pack or trolley

If I chose the back pack how many houses per refills

Thanks  :)
L Plate

welmac

Re: how much water
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 01:24:56 pm »
hi mate
as a rough idea most tend to use between 250-400ltr per day. depends on how fast you set your flow really, and also how long a day you work  ???

JM123

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:38:50 am »
600ltrs per day - go for a trailer system and 100m of 8mm minibore.  Thats what I use when I'm on my own - can easily do 20 before lunch. (£6 each)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 06:26:34 am »
Using the system you are talking about you will use approximately 15 litres of water per house.
First time cleans will be way above that.

I usually needed to pop home for refills now and then and I generally took 8 containers out with me.
For me it was no problem to nip home if I needed to.

You may well use less than 15 litres per house, some do, but it takes practice!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

carlfoster

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 07:51:00 am »
I've found that I only use a maximum of 4 x 25 litre drums a day. I use a trolley system i made myself and i addapted the pole and brush so as not to waste water

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 08:23:42 am »
How do you adapt a pole and brush to save water?

macc

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 11:20:23 am »
The odd day i hit 380ltrs but this is rare, my avarage is 200-250 ltrs a day.

first cleans use loads more but by the 3rd clean you will use half the water.

Macc

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 11:32:09 am »
Only in my first weeks of WFP and am using anywhere between 50 to 75 ltr per house on first cleans, don't know if you think  thats excessive but really want to make sure I do a good job and hope the usage will fall in future.

pylofm

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 12:44:55 pm »
I too am a new user and find that the 250litre tank that I have is not normally enough to get me through the day...yesterday I used 160 litres on a 'average' detatched house and in the morning I used 45 litres on a 'normal' semi...

These were both 1st cleans and you can read into 'normal' what you will..

Cheers
Dave.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 02:35:15 pm »
I use a backpack, but wouldn't advise anyone to get one if they plan to do 100% WFP.

I've read here that one or two users had done this; but you'll be disapointed; I'm sure.

L plate

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 03:46:20 pm »
Thanks for the replies

The reason I’m keen to go trolley or back pack is I’ve had use of a van system
And tried it on a good few of my customers and they have no problem with w f p
So time to invest!!
But because of the layout of houses
I spend most of my time reeling in the hose.
And the van system dose seems to use a lot of water. (And expensive to hire)
If I can get down to 15 litres a house I will be well happy.

L Plate

Ian_Giles

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 04:33:05 pm »
Only in my first weeks of WFP and am using anywhere between 50 to 75 ltr per house on first cleans, don't know if you think  thats excessive but really want to make sure I do a good job and hope the usage will fall in future.

Aiy caramba!! :o :o

I promise you that your usage will plummet once you get the hang of what you are doing.

If we say that a standard semi has 10 to 12 varying sized windows, and is all UPVC then on repeat cleans you should be able to clean those windows with no more than 18 litres at the most, and possibly less than 15 litres with practice.

Those with trolley and back pack systems are understandably more aware of how much water they are using, when you have a 650 litre or 1000 litre tank of water in your van you are very much less concerned.

Now I am a full van mount and operate with the pump flat out I'm probably using 20 plus litres per semi.....

I'll have to point my brush into a bucket and let the water run for ten minutes and see how much I use, as ten minutes is the maximum in actual work time I'd take on a 12 window semi.
I don't bother to turn off the flow between windows either, so I guess I'm wasting water by doing that, not much...but it adds up.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

john tomkins

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 06:52:12 pm »
Cheers Ian,

I'm really giving the top frames and rubbers a good going over for the 1st cleans just to be sure. My flow rate is about 2 ltr/min. To be honest as long as the customer doesn't phone up complaining then I'm happy ;D and like you say hopefully will reduce usage and time taken in the future.

dai

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 06:56:09 pm »
There is a trade off. you use more water and spend less time rinsing. Or use less and take longer. I get by on less than 200 ltrs a day if I'm on my own, but no way can I match Ian's 10 mins for a semi council house. I use 2mm jets and I think that cuts down on the amount I use cleaning. Dai

JM123

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 06:59:05 pm »
Dai, try fan spray jets, you will probably use the same amount of water  per day but you will find rinsing so much quicker and therefore use the water more efficiently - making more moulah.

John, yeah, thats a really good way to look at it.  I would keep the flow rate the same and just work a little quicker once you have all your initial and recleans out of the way.  You'll double your speed in no time whilst still doing a really good job.

Ballymena N.I

sair

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 07:15:26 pm »
i have van mount with a boostered r/o system (makes 300 litres an hour ) i never run out water, but i am still concerned about water ussage and allways impresssed by how little water you guys use i think every one should care and its nice to see so many on this site do.

i use about 300 a day with 1.5 mm jets and micro bore never set more than 1 litre a minute (except first cleans and in the high street where its dusty, these componets have meant that i half my ussage water and are a must when investing in wfp system
Essentially Pure Ltd

JM123

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 07:48:20 pm »
sair I can understand why you would want to conserve water if you live in an area prone to drought, however here in N.Ireland - it rains nearly every day, our reservoir system is capable of coping with three times the population we have, also our water is not metered so for us it is a false economy trying to save water - yes I agree that water is precious, its just that we have an abundance so we might as well use it.

Ballymena N.I

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 09:19:37 pm »
How wasteful  :o, I can get by on a couple of litres a day when cleaning trad, the water companies will do something about all this waste of water soon, mark my words! :o and thats just the water you all use to clean the windows, what about all the water that goes down the drain from the ro? :-\

batterbee

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 10:08:00 pm »
How wasteful  :o, I can get by on a couple of litres a day when cleaning trad, the water companies will do something about all this waste of water soon, mark my words! :o and thats just the water you all use to clean the windows, what about all the water that goes down the drain from the ro? :-\

YOUR GETTING BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groundhog how exactly does that help L plate ???
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

neil100

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 10:43:53 pm »
Groundhog.

I dont class useing wfp water as wastefull. Sure I am useing a lot more then a few buckets of water a day if I was Trad. I dont bat an eye lid on how much I use. Why?

Water is produced by the water cycle, Its a natural occuring cycle. You know how it works so I wont bore you with it. The water that is produced as waste through my R0 goes back down the drains, which will feed back into the rivers which feeds into the sea to help the cycle start again.

What about when it rains, All that water running down the streets into the drains. Water running off roads into fields. Its all part of nature.

Now if the water companys are filling in reservoirs, Are letting trillions of gallons escape through leaks and not putting enough money in the infustructure. Dont try to give a wfp user a guilt complex for useing water. The blame firmly lies at these Idiots who are in charge of storing and supplying water to everyone who lives on our Green Isle.

Oil will run out. Have you stopped Taking holidays abroad to save this Fluid from running out. Are you useing a more Environmentally freindly power source to run your vehicle? Oil will run out. Water will not.

We are Surrounded By water living on an island. Not one company has invested in a  Desalination plant. Why? Because the water companys will not make as much money if they spent the money building one. Even though you would have a permenant supply of water.

Drink Coca cola, They use a lot more water to make a litre of the stuff to drink.

No wfp is fine the water that runs down a persons wall will Evaporate into the atmosphere.

Nel