julianbiggs

Tendering for a new development of houses - HELP!!!!!
« on: September 27, 2006, 05:54:06 pm »
Hi. Ive been approached to put a tender in for a new development of houses. They've sent me a mountain of paperwork including site plans for every property and various documents relating to their expectations from  a tender. Can anyone help with the following:

1. Where can I get a CIS certificate from, is it free and how long does it take to arrive ?

2. We're traditional window cleaners, we're not stupid, but has anyone got a good example of a method statement which we could "tweak" ?

3. They want three types of clean on each property Red clean (builder's clean), a reclean ( green clean) 10 days before completion and  a sparkle clean ( 24 hours before legal completion.

4. Bearing in mind this is a huge company is it better to go in high with the price and just hope to get the contract ?

Any other relevant information regarding contract tendering  on new house build sites would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator David@stives

Re: Tendering for a new development of houses - HELP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 06:01:01 pm »
Julian

Dont take this the wrong way , but if you need so much help, Would you really know how to handle the job if you got it ?

There will be a lot of professional firms tendering for this work and they will know to the penny what to charge, builders cleans on windows is a trade within itself and if you get it right there could be big bucks to be made.

If you show one sign of not really knowing what you are doing they will just overlook you for somebody else.

If they are bog standard semis, I think about £250 per property is about the going rate for a first class builders clean
Dave