EasyClean

Re: Whats the best way to drop customers?
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 12:22:31 am »
I wouldn't bother trying to increase  your old customers prices by nearly double as in a little while they will probably find some other window cleaner who will do them for peanuts again. The best thing you can do is either sell them on at a cheap price or better still pass the work on to a window cleaner who uses ladders (trad) and in return ask him to pass any high work he's offered (assuming you use WFP) on to you in return.
I always drop customers who are grumpy, whingeing, fussy and moaning  all the time as it's very negative which gets a bit soul destroying as I try to stay up beat, enthusiastic, positive and happy.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

rosskesava

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 12:36:44 am »
Sorry to sound picky but the first part of your posting is at odds with the end.

If a customer is a pain, or the job is under priced, then just give it go at raising the price.

See what happens first before pre empting the outcome. If nothing else, the experience and discomfort of asking for more and then walking away if it is a 'no' will help in terms of posture for the future.

Posture will get better priced jobs in the long run than any amount of know how.

If they agree to an increase in price, then it's a bonus, if they won't pay for whatever reason, forget anybody else, search for new jobs and do what ever it takes to get them be it spending days leafleting or time door knocking.

Cheers

EasyClean

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 12:54:23 am »
Sorry to sound picky but the first part of your posting is at odds with the end.

If a customer is a pain, or the job is under priced, then just give it go at raising the price.

See what happens first before pre empting the outcome. If nothing else, the experience and discomfort of asking for more and then walking away if it is a 'no' will help in terms of posture for the future.

Posture will get better priced jobs in the long run than any amount of know how.

If they agree to an increase in price, then it's a bonus, if they won't pay for whatever reason, forget anybody else, search for new jobs and do what ever it takes to get them be it spending days leafleting or time door knocking.

Cheers
What I meant to say is that if the customers prices are crap and you have enough work it's better to pass the work on to a trad w/cleaning in return for more lucrative high level WFP work which the trad w/cleaner can't accept but is offered.
If the customers prices are far too low it's not worth the bother of trying to put them up slowly over a long period of time. It's better to be honest and upfront with them and tell them that they're too low for you to continue on a regular basis and tell them how much is a sensible price and wait and see the outcome.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

rosskesava

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 01:05:11 am »
Hi Easy Clean again

Thanks for clearing that up. I misunderstood your previous posting.

I agree 100%.

Cheers

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 08:04:14 am »
Double the price.