Clear Vision

Whats the best way to drop customers?
« on: September 26, 2006, 05:22:38 pm »
Hi all,

I have just picked up some very good houses over the last few weeks. (more than double the price of some of my original houses and they take the same time to do)

I wish to drop some of my customers now which have been very loyal to me but I just dread going to them every month. The are akward houses to clean and they just don't pay the same as my new ones.

The problem the ones I want to ditch have relatives that I clean In different areas. I don't like to be put In a position where I have to answer a thousand questions on why I ditched there friend/relatives!

What Is the best way to go?

How have you guys done It?

Matthew
Clear Vision

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Whats the best way to drop customers?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 05:24:18 pm »
simple way is to pass them onto another w/c
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 05:26:16 pm »
You say pass!

Do you mean give or sell?

Bearing In mind there are about 10 @ roughly £4-5.50 each

robbie14000

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:39:25 pm »
 You would be mad not to try and sell them even if it's a token £50
Good luck
Robbie

macc

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 05:42:17 pm »
Hi Matthew.

If you want shot of them but dont want to feel awkward, pass them on, problem solved.  ;)

Macc

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 05:46:13 pm »
Or you can write to them saying you have to double the price as they are to low, and if you dont here from them you understand, but if they want you to continue give a ring.

Best of both worlds.

Roy

S.A.J

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 05:47:02 pm »
I would sell the work on to anther w/c.

If you get to attached because of relatives/friends houses your work will become stale to the point where you dont enjoy w/c.

Just say that your business has to move on.

I've just sold half my round to make way for the better paying work that is coming in all the time.

brett walker

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 06:03:51 pm »
If you cant get them up to the price that you want i would sell them on to another window cleaner as least that way you havent just left them, as you say theyve been loyal

Brett

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 06:06:59 pm »
You say pass!

Do you mean give or sell?

Bearing In mind there are about 10 @ roughly £4-5.50 each
if you wanna get rid of them, then they can't be that good?
so give them away

you did ask for advice on how to drop them so there's your answer
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 06:25:45 pm »
why dont you just up the price?? even if its to a silly price? if they say yes no problem then your a winner, if not then who cares ???
Dave.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 06:31:37 pm »
i would pass them onto another local cleaner , i would not sell them as this would bring another window cleaner into your area.

Like you said they are cheap so are probably not worth a lot anyway.

Another option already been mentioned is to try and negotiate a new price , you may be surprised

Dave

matt

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 06:55:32 pm »
i would hick the price up, stick 2 or 3 quid on the price, just explain you made a mistake when you priced them up when you started and your trying to sort your round out

then if your still not happy bung another quid on them next year

Clear Vision

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 07:11:54 pm »
Thanks for your advice!

I have taken It all In and I think I will just give them away to a local window cleaner.

Cheers guys.

P.S. I like the Idea of hicking up the price but I don't have the balls to do that.

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 09:48:15 pm »
I've found that the best way is the honest approach  ::). I'd just simply say that overheads are rising, w/c's insurance has gone up, van insurance has rocketed, supplies cost more, the cost of living is going up all the time so 'I'm sorry but I'm going to have put the cost of your windows up'.

If they look unhappy then offer to find another window cleaner.

Most people understand rising costs.

Also, we've never sold a single job. We've always given the work away. Now, because of that we have a whole network of contacts from window cleaning, carpet cleaning, gardening, tree surgery, etc.

Sometimes we get work from other w/c's when the job is too large for them and if we get asked to do windows that are not worth it for the way we are set up, I pass the work on.

Cheers

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 10:19:31 pm »
i would pass them onto another local cleaner , i would not sell them as this would bring another window cleaner into your area.

Dave

Dave!

Surely giving them to another local window cleaner brings in another window cleaner into his area?

You need that holiday, mate!

-------------------------

I always mean to pass work I drop on, but sometimes don't get round to it and after about four months of not doing certain customers, they 'catch' me shopping in Tescos and stuff.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 10:23:03 pm »
Tosh

I mean someone who is already working the area instead of bringing in another new face at leat the work you give to the opposition will keep them busy enough so they dont poach your better work .

If you sell them to a new window cleaner to the area he will look for more work and will end up being more opposition.

Dave

P.s I may come and haunt you on my holidays as i here its nice where you live

Dave

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 10:25:44 pm »
Surely giving them to another local window cleaner brings in another window cleaner into his area?

Maybe Dave is celebrating his new contracts with a few bottles of wine?

Other window cleaners are in the area already? Surely?

Every road has houses that have clean windows and not every home owner does them themselves.

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 10:27:30 pm »
Tosh

Dave

P.s I may come and haunt you on my holidays as i here its nice where you live

Dave

I could be biased because I live here, but I wouldn't want to come here on holiday.  Try the Gower, it's only another hour-and-a-half further away.

If you do come here, I'll tell you I told you so, but I'd meet up for a pint 'or two' if you like! ;D

brett walker

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 10:34:17 pm »
I used to take every job on that a was asked but i am very strict with myself now, when im asked by someone and it doesnt fit in with my work i tell them ill find them another window cleaner.
I have got all the numbers of the local window cleaners so i just pass it on this creates a good raport with other window cleaners, i have given 3 jobs away this week

regards

Brett

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 10:35:35 pm »
Ross / Tosh

Please re-read my last post .

i have still not decided where to go , so much to the extent that my wife is giving me loads of agro

Dave