dai

Re: TAKING TOO LONG (spread out)
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 09:43:02 pm »
Targeting new deveopments is the best way to get compact work. I hardly ever have to move the van more than once a day, and sometimes not at all.
On open plan starter homes at £5 a go [without conservatory] you can make a good living and nobody else can compete with your prices. I can do the tops of 4 houses WFP and then start on the bottoms, no waiting for drips to stop. 6 windows one patio and a door on each house, but they are all next to each other. Dai

neil100

Re: TAKING TOO LONG (spread out)
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 08:23:26 am »
Your speed will come in time Gazza, dont worry.

You need to round build and to do that you need to canvass.

In August I decided to take an hands on approach to help my son develop a w/c round.He was allways putting canvassing off till the following week. I have now decided to do the canvassing for him, the w/c round will belong to me, he will just do the work on the round, If he stops w/c I will take over the work, and if I have too much work I will sell the round on.

I have been out canvassing for about 8 hours all told. To date I have picked up 36 customers worth £430.00. We are doing some new work today that I canvassed worth £153.00.

We will do this together untill March going 50 50. I will then build him a trailer system(W F P) where he will do it on his own.

In March he will have a days work a week for 4 weeks of his own work which will pay £250 a day. It will then be up to him to develop the round further.

Keep on going.

Nel.