Clear Vision

Did a first clean on large building today
« on: September 25, 2006, 10:54:47 pm »
I cleaned a 4 storey building with my wfp system today and I'm worried sick now!

The windows on the building have not been cleaned for over a year and most of the glass was covered In welded on bird s**t.

I could get some of It off but there Is still a lot of s**t left on the glass.

I was finding that on the 3rd & fourth floor I couldn't get the required pressure that I needed to really scrub It off!

The glass came up really sparkling appart from the odd bird mess still left on there >:(

It's now time to send In the bill :'( Should I knock some money off my price? Any Ideas?

P.S. They only want It cleaned maybe twice a year

mick40

Re: Did a first clean on large building today
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:03:40 pm »
as you havent cleaned it properly,give them a freebie im sure they will appreciate that  ;D ;D ;D
if i eat myself will i be twice as fat or will i disappear?

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 11:07:36 pm »
A freebie :o

You must be joking ???

I have been In a bath of radox muscle soak for an hour and all my bones are still hurting like mad!

I should be adding on money for the pain I'm suffering ;D ;D

mick40

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 11:18:01 pm »
you could always get yer good lady to give you a rub down :D
if i eat myself will i be twice as fat or will i disappear?

craig jwc

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 11:19:42 pm »
Just be honest about it as it should come up better next time round.

I had this with a block of flats i did which hadn't been done for over 18 months.

Never had a complaint and got paid what i wanted.

Craig

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 11:20:26 pm »
What you should do is quote a sensible price (much higher than normal) to cover any extra time for initial washes/builders cleans. Don't quote the same price for a 6 monthly clean as you would a regular monthly or 2 monthly clean as they always take longer as you've found out the hard way. You'll know for next time!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Pat Purcell

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 11:28:45 pm »
If you dont get rid of the birds how is it going to be better the next time ???
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

eddie d

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 11:37:47 pm »
id send in the bill as quoted with a covering letter saying the windowa will take 2/3 visits to bring up to a good standard as they havent been cleaned for some time.
on one block i clean it took me 4 cleans to bring up to standard ,and every time i went there a few of the oldies moaned like mad until it did finaly work it was v stressfull at the time .but i did win them over in the end.

EasyClean

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 11:43:06 pm »
Here's an idea for cleaning windows that haven't been cleaned in donkey's ears.
Try and use or borrow a 'Tucker pole with dual hose' and use their detergent tablets. Their tablets will shift the most stubborn of birds droppings. I cleaned a large church with the above system that hadn't been cleaned for 20 years. It was a one off job. I washed all the windows once only with plenty of detergent tablets in the mixer and left all the windows to soak for quite a while, then I rinsed over each pane of glass twice only and they came up sparkling new, unbelievable and not a mark to be found on any pane of glass.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 12:14:35 am »
Or.... make up a gg4 solution in a 25L barrel or two and use that to do all the glass on the windows first. Then rinse your brush in pure water then use pure water from your tank to finish off.

Just use loads of water and explain that because of all the caked on crud you'll have to charge double/treble etc. for the time it takes. (Including washing everything out afterwards.)

It's a game of three halves!

Clear Vision

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 08:50:32 am »
Thanks for all your advice ;)

I only have a 250l tank In my van and I ran out when I was 3/4 the way round >:(
Had to do back to the house and fill up again.

I have deceided to put In a covering letter In with my bill, and just explain to them that due to the windows not been cleaned for such a long time It was very difficult to remove all the stuborn bird muck. As It's only a once or twice a year job I will explain to them that It might be difficult to "ever" remove all the bird dirt where as a monthly clean would. You never know I might get a monthly contract out of them?