22hart

Inside Clean
« on: September 25, 2006, 01:20:52 pm »
Have just been asked to clean inside of a customers mothers house, she has a W/C and does not want to finish him which is OK by me how much do I charge?

Re: Inside Clean
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 02:57:09 pm »
Double what you would for the outside is what we charge and we require all items to be removed off sills etc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 03:31:21 pm »
I usually charge the same + a quid or two.

I did a £9 house today in and out for £20.
Worked out well....

Double is obscene. :o

williamx

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 05:17:45 pm »
If you have a Gas engineer, plumber, electrician, washing machine repair guy, carpet cleaner or other tradesmen, they will ALL charged a call out fee of at least 1 hours worth of work.

With some this is only the start.

Why should window cleaners be any different and charge lower rates, window cleaners offer their customers a service, and to clean the inside is an extra service which should be priced accordingly.

Don't forget that to clean the insides can cause you quite a lot of problems, you have to be careful with your footwear it might dirty the carpet and the customer might not like that.

If you break anything in the house its going to cost you, it dosn't matter what insurance cover you do or don't have because most insurances want you to pay an excess figure, this could be £50, £100 or more so it is possible that what you have broken won't be covered by your insurance cover and will instead come out of you wallet.

So remember to charge accordingly.

My mimimum is £25.00 and it goes up quite quickly if the job dictates.

LSB

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 05:47:54 pm »
I would charge the same again ! however as its clearly a one off i wouldnt do it ! if you do want to do it charge high !!

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 05:52:15 pm »
We charge 1 1/2 outside rate.

We always insist the customer clears the cills to  avoid damage and a cuppa is part of the deal  ;) ;D

Sarah

Sarah

EasyClean

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 12:41:08 am »
A handy hint is when you get inside the front door put a pair of them slip over covers over your footwear to prevent dirtying their floors. Looks professional and it's practical, the customer will love your thoughtfulness.
I don't clean insides as I detest it so much that I'd rather go shopping or to the dentist or something.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

reah

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 07:38:55 am »
Hey
i tell people that if they would like their insides clean call me if they are in when it is pouring down and i can do them for the same price as outside.
Otherwise it is double.
This works well and you get a little bit of work in the rain.
Reah

Richy L

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 04:17:22 pm »
i charge double the amount for the outsides.
Theres so much faffing around it takes longer. Not to mention that all cills and frames need to be dried up, not just a quick wipe.