B&S Cleaning

DI Resin Shelf life
« on: September 24, 2006, 09:31:31 pm »
Hi, quick question. Can anyone tell me if DI resin has a shelf life, I've kept it in a sealed container, each charge was giving around 1,800 ltrs, but over the past few weeks thats dropped to about 850 before my TDS reading starts to go above 0. I have had this bag about 6 months. Pre DI reading around 10-12 ppm

bluesteve

Re: DI Resin Shelf life
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 09:38:07 pm »
cant answer your question sorry, but i ve got the same problem bought 25 litres of the stuff and it  just doesnt last as long, but there again i just fold the top of the bag over. Its funny as i was just thinking about that this weekend.
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:52:30 am »

Temp has a huge factor in storing resin, at a prolonged temp the resin will crack
  thus making it less effective.

I know it should not be stored below freezing but do not know what the top
  temp is.

Doug

freshwater

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:55:46 am »
If resin dries out it wont work. In a container it should be OK, but if you have lost of space & not much resin it still may dry out. Best way is use a tie wrap on the bag, get as much air out as possiblr, and then put the original bag into another plastic air tight bag and use a tie wrap on that. Even with all this protection it will still degrade, but at a slower rate.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

freshwater

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:57:39 am »
DA,

Most resins can be used up to 40'C, check the COSH sheet and/or spec for your brand of resin.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk