Getting Started
« on: September 24, 2006, 11:31:19 am »
Hi All,

I run a Truck Mounted Carpet cleaning system and I am looking at adding Window Cleaning to the business also.  I undertake a lot of Builders cleans and have been subbing the window cleaning element out as alot of the properties I do are large buildings where access is a problem and they have used water fed poles.

I have been looking at WFP and see that there are alot of debates on here over WFP versus traditional much the same as there are portable versus truckmounted systems on the Carpet Cleaning side. I can see the pros and cons for both.  My main question at this stage is how does one get started in the window cleaning industry, my main work I would want to go for would be Commercial but also very interested in domestic.  However with regards to domestics what are the "rules" of engagement around obtaining work, do people have to buy rounds etc?? Or is it common practice to obtain work much the same way as carpet cleaning through canvassing and general marketing.  Any help on this would be gratefully received.

Incidentally I would run as a totally separate element to my Carpet cleaning side and I am very interested in WFP so if you could give me some pointers on costings and everything for a standard WFP system excluding van costs that would be great.  I did notice the  clearview plus details and was very impressed with that.

Darren

gerrystyles

Re: Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:47:44 pm »
There are a lot of systems out there, Ionics, tucker, concept. Check out thier web sites.

Traditional v WFP. if you are doing builders cleans you will probably need both as wfp will not take of tape, labels etc.

Trade.. as far as I am aware no one owns a patch, if you buy a round you are buying the goodwill not the ground and the goodwill is maintained by the standard of your service delivery. Besides we work in a free market so you just need the advertise your service.

If you are running window cleaning as a seperate entity make sure you have a fully trained op. There are courses available,

Good luck

:-* :-*

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 12:55:07 pm »
Thanks for that Gerry.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 06:41:24 pm »
anyone get anymore useful info for me. daz

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 12:03:35 pm »
Please please can I have some of your valued guidance with regards to this.