jouk45

butinox, am scared stiff
« on: September 24, 2006, 11:12:53 am »
I very rarely get problems, but i got one now,a small area i work in that are council houses have just had all the window frames re-painted by the local authorities in dark brown butinox, now i have about 20 houses in this area that i wfp, using my common sense i left it for a few weeks to fully cure out, so no contamination's, spotting ect, will be left on the glass, now i decided to go knock on the customers doors to let them know this, the first door i knocked on, it left my knuckle impressions on the door, and still feels wet and tacky, now you can imagine what i was thinking this stuff is not cure, and when i start cleaning the windows again am i going to have to do them all over again a few times like a first clean, has this happened to anyone before, also is butinox a paint or wood stainer,  PS the painter said it was butinox opaque stain :'(

this is what it says on the internet about this butinox
BUTINOX 2 Opaque Finish
The content of long alkyd oils in these products results in optimal penetration and stabilising of weathered wood. The content of solvent allows application for cold/damp weather, allowing the natural movements (expansion and contraction) of the wood, without peeling or flaking.

JohnL

Re: butinox, am scared stiff
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 06:48:51 pm »
never used it jouk but I believe it is a very loooooooong drying woodstain

Try and contact the decorator , get hold of the tin and phone the manufacturer and talk to the technical department. They will give you the advise and answers you need

best of sir

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

matt

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 09:32:01 pm »
go around and tell the customers that you will be leaving them a while till the stain drys out properly

leave it as long as you can

then when its dry, you will be ok

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:04:03 pm »
thanks guys, i think the safest way to deal with this, is to leave the frames for about six weeks more, just to be sure,