RO-Sheen

Ionics DI vessels???
« on: September 20, 2006, 05:21:23 pm »
Hi Folks

I've got an Ionics Reach n wash Pro-5 system which uses a colour change mixed bed DI vessel but the problem is is that is costs about £65 to replace it every couple of months. Ive tried to take a used vessel apart with a view to get the old resin out and replace it with new resin but it is firmly glued on. Has anyone ever managed to take one apart? and if so, where did you buy your resin from to replace the old stuff?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

sair

Re: Ionics DI vessels???
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:41:37 pm »
the marvel of the ionic sales gurus

if you speak to mike at cleantec or mark at omni pole , or even brodex used to stock. then see if they have any eco refilable cartridges to marry up to ionic hen you can repurchase your resin from any supplier and it will cost 65 per sack and should refill the cart ridge 3-4 times

down side cartridge will cost about 100
regards tony
Essentially Pure Ltd

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 05:49:55 pm »
Cheers Tony - You've just been promoted to top of my x-mas card list! Will give them a call tomorrow

Ade
Formerly known as GARGAAX

JM123

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 07:27:03 pm »
I'll give you a tip - take the ends off the Ionics vessel, get yourself some 3inch downpiping, it might be 4 inch, can't remember) and cut it to the same length as the ionics vessel (30inch) and the ends you kept over from the Ionics vessel will fit really nice and tight, you may need rubber o-rings on each end but its so simple its scary.

Total cost - less than £10!!

You owe me a pint!!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

sair

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 07:38:02 pm »
JM123 i owe you an eco flow

you would not believe how many ionics customers i have

Essentially Pure Ltd

JM123

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 07:46:43 pm »
cheers - I'll happily try one out for a while ;D

you need to cut the ends tidily and rub off the burring to smooth it down

Ballymena N.I

freshwater

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 07:55:04 pm »
Dump the Ionics and get your self a vessel. You can refill them easily and you wont need to mess about with iffy joints between your old Ionics end caps and some pipe.

We do 8 x 17" including head & riser tubes for £60 in vat & delivery, then just get yoursel a bag of resin.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

JM123

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 07:58:42 pm »
there's no dodgy ends at all, I've done 6 of them, its easy peasy and costs pittance.

Ballymena N.I

edd

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 08:28:38 pm »
hi its edd i have a ionics system give them a ring they will if they've got any left send u a 25 ltr vessel for £20 second hand of course .i have been using it for months now poss should last 9 months plus not only that but the water fills so much quicker then there silly colour change thing .Failing that most guys on here sell them new its worth every penny