wfp
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:09:18 pm »
Hi to you all,

I was thinking today about wfp, ( i do a few traditional! )

How do you guys that use wfp know you have done a good job? Unless you are up the ladder sometimes you just cant see what you have done. The way i see it you just hope for the best!? Do you find you get more call backs or " they wernt right last time remarks" In my opinion its a great concept but seems so slap and dash i just cant accept people go for it. :-\

Sir Squeaky

Re: wfp
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:42:03 pm »
I wouldn't write things like that around here mate.... :o

You're spot on with your observations, but they've all jumped on the bandwagon around here.

They'll shoot you down in flames I'm afraid.

Never remind them of the truth! :o

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:51:25 pm »
Cheers Squeaky,

But i don`t mind the flack!

easyclean,

You have never done traditional?

Sorry guys but for me there is something in traditional that shows a real pride in what you do. I was kindly shown a demonstration recently on wfp by THE SHINER ( a smashing fella that knows his stuff! ) but for me you cant beat the attention to detail and customer care that traditional window cleaning gives.

Regards Rob.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 12:01:26 am »
D'you know what?

How dare the say the Earth is spherical!  How do they really know.  All that rubbish about men in space.. all staged...all American!  "One small step", huh!
It's flat!  Heretics!

Bring back the china pot!  Throw me waste out the window!  It never caused me any problems!

I'm not moving!  I don't care if there is an earthquake forecast, I've always felt the ground shake. ???

Thanks for that!  :-\ ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 12:40:14 am »
Rcs glad you found paul as I did when I met him :) what you may not have seen when you was out with him are the results from the inside looking out, that usually only comes when you clean your own windows or do an inside clean, I would say on most upvc windows wfp will produce better results than the squeege, how can that be taking less pride in your work? I want whats best for the customer if wfp doesnt work on a property then trad it, but if it does then you will have a very happy customer, I have had sceptical customers and won them over, just remember not every window cleaner swapping to wfp has the benefit of the advice of this forum, some guys must have no idea at all how to use it when setting up hence there are reports of bad results.           
Sussex by the sea

Pat Purcell

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 12:45:35 am »
the tucker water fed pole was invented in 1945, people have ben purifying water with DI resin since the sixties, the pc im typing this on was the size of my house back then, The idea of cleaning windows from a truck mounted pure water system was popularised in the 80s by a canadian co called BLUE DIAMOND and possibly a few others, just a few facts for those on the cutting edge. In reality it would seem that pointing to the concepts longevity would be abetter way of selling the idea rather than espousing its newness                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           disclaimer:i dont use a water fed pole but would have no problem doing so
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 07:17:29 am »
Why would using a squeegee prove I am professional or otherwise...I have this year started wfp from the off and about 20 years ago I did a 'spot' of window cleaning using blade & scrim...

It is just another method to do the same job...you know foot, bicycle, car, truck, plane, boat..... it is just another tool in the toolbox...

As for professionalism or taking more pride or not...does that not come down to the individual not whether it is trad or wfp.

Alot of the statements and arguments here are just from the playground and only serve to show that some thought process's are flawed.

Dave.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 09:04:22 am »
i have to laugh at this thread! as i've been window cleaning for some ten years or so and as soon as i changed to wfp my customers said to me oh you have gone proffessional now!! turning up in a van instead of a car does make a difference. ;D

macc

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 05:54:38 pm »
but for me you cant beat the attention to detail and customer care that traditional window cleaning gives.

Regards Rob.

LOL big time.

WFP doesnt detail,  ???

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 06:31:18 pm »
RCS,

WFP does a terrible job Id just stick to your ladders if I was you, it must be all that nasty pure water that does it!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 06:38:16 pm »
I changed to wfp after 8 years of traditional.

The work I do has always been rubbish, but now I  just go round with this bog-brush on a stick and wave it in the general direction of the window. When I was trad. I just re-arranged the dirt and fell off ladders onto cars and babies.

I can't understand it - just why do my customers stay when the new system is no better than the old one? Why do I earn more money week in and week out?

I dunno why I've been so stupid as to change to wfp, but hey I'm too much of a stick-in-the-mud to change back again.

(Oh, by the way - listening to squeaky expound about wfp is like asking a mechanic who has only ever worked on steam engines to repair an electric locomotive.)
It's a game of three halves!

neil100

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 08:51:17 pm »
You first have to understand how pure water cleans the windows.

Then when you fully understand that you have to have faith and belief that they will be clean. In 9 months of wfp I have called back to three houses, They all had a specifc problem to do with faulty seals or The pure water reacting with the putty on some wooden frames.

These odd few I do Trad but for the other 99% its wfp.

I got a call tonight to ask if I would take her on as a customer. I priced it up £35.00, This was from a chain recomendation Of 6 customers all delighted with wfp.

Oh for the record I have been wfp for 9 months, Trad 26 yrs and I know from experince which is better.

Nel.

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 10:25:27 pm »
Don't let them brainwash you RCS!! ;D

DUTCH

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 04:41:37 pm »
PEOPLE WERE SCARED OF FIRE!........WHAT NEXT THE WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!

DUTCH ;D

macc

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 06:55:40 pm »
Don't let them brainwash you RCS!! ;D

Hedgehog, you was offered a chance by Peter to show you how to use wfp. Dont knock what you dont know.

groundhog

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 07:10:58 pm »
kacc, I don't need any lessons from someone who cleans windows like Peter! I prefer to do it properly!!!!!! ;)

groundhog

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 10:36:40 pm »
This forum is great isn't it, imagine if we were all in a pub discussing this, it would probably end up in a brawl :-\

My money would be on the trad guys ;D

Pj

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 11:12:04 pm »
I've lost count of the customers who have come to me because they dropped their old windowcleaner because he was a bit aggressive, and had a violent tendency, and was overweight! :D

captain lard

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 11:15:34 pm »
Well they should as well but I am never aggressive or violent,they are my customers or potential customers and I treat them with respect,I have never had a complaint or an argument or dispute. 
I think our comments here were directed to wfp users and not to civilian customers!!!!! ;D

Pj

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 11:21:10 pm »
I am who you perceive me to be.  I am a trad user with 19 years experience, I am a wfp user with 1 year experience, I am a potential customer, I am an honest member of the public.

P®oPole™

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 11:23:34 pm »
Lol  ;D ;D Groundmug, your a funny man, you crack me up.

Every man has his opinion, mine is. A bad work man blames his tools which I presume is why you dont you like wfp.

Good luck on them ladders tommorow, I know which method I would rather use the safer, quicker one with better results when in the right hands and used properly also I like to work in compliance with W.A.H.R 2005

ProPole

captain lard

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 11:39:00 pm »
I am who you perceive me to be.  I am a trad user with 19 years experience, I am a wfp user with 1 year experience, I am a potential customer, I am an honest member of the public.

I am sorry pj but you have lost me here,if you are talking bout the banter earleir on the thread then realise it is banter.I do not work at getting customers via the net and work face to face with customers.If you have a valid point please express it so I can realise what you are getting at?????? ???

As for the wfp mafia hope you have a nice day tomorrow lads and continue ramming your view down the throats of all and sundry - are you all on a percentage?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 11:47:44 pm »
Lol  ;D ;D Groundmug, your a funny man, you crack me up.
Good luck on them ladders tommorow, I know which method I would rather use the safer, quicker one with better results when in the right hands and used properly also I like to work in compliance with W.A.H.R 2005

ProPole
Lol!

You're the funny man AmateurPole!
Better results. ;D
Law abiding. ;D

You crack me up. ;D

Pj

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 09:09:36 am »

I am sorry pj but you have lost me here,if you are talking bout the banter earleir on the thread then realise it is banter.I do not work at getting customers via the net and work face to face with customers.If you have a valid point please express it so I can realise what you are getting at?????? ???

You get lost easy, don't you.  Never mind, you don't need to apologise if its just idle banter. ;)
My point is...........................................

naa  can't be bothered!

I use trad & wfp every day.  Neither is perfect.

Simon Carter

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 09:37:15 am »
I thought I'd just add my two pennith. I have over 2000 clients & eight rounds on the go, I started the business traditional. We are now  all WFP. The window cleaners are happier, that's for sure.
As for the clients, I don't think they much care, as long as they consider their windows are clean. Personally, I think it does a better job. The frames get more attention, plus we do a lot of windows that we previously could not reach off ladders.
I think the most significant point is that I have a lot of competition who still use squeegees. If it's better, why don't I lose clients wholesale to these Luddites?
Onwards and Upwards...

captain lard

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 10:21:53 am »

You get lost easy, don't you.  Never mind, you don't need to apologise if its just idle banter. ;)
My point is...........................................

naa  can't be bothered!

I use trad & wfp every day.  Neither is perfect.

Very profound PJ,now I have sussed that you havent anything to say of any interest  and just babble rubbish I will just avoid you,goodnight.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 02:55:45 pm »
The original question was reasonable.

Unfortunately it has descended into one of the most untidy threads I've had to deal with.

Many pointless posts deleted.

Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES