dazmond

Re: video cleaning front windows
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 10:42:15 pm »
I like your videos nathan, but this one seemed a bit pointless really, just some chap cleaning windows...

it was like watching paint dry  :'(

Yep im gonna delete soon. I thought with having a bluetooth microphone it would pick up the speech but it hasnt done so. When i uploaded it from my phone I thought it might just be my speakers and that a laptop or whatever would play the speech louder. But I have just chrome casted it to my TV and on full pelt on sound you cant hear me which goes against what i was trying to achieve  :'(

In answer to someone else comment about the 14inch brush, when im cleaning the downstairs bay and working from the side, i do say on vid (thats why this copy is pointless) that i have a 14inch brush, half the brush is cleaning the top frame with 3 jets on, and half the brush is cleaning top line of the window again with 3 jets on, which not only aids in shifting any dirt from the top frame but also on the window as well.   So the idiots who say about cutting corners with speed or whatever get off your high horses and correct your stubborn way of thinking.
Would i have compact rounds and be in this job for over 15 yrs if i did a crap job splashing windows and the prices that my customers pay compared to local competition.   I do wonder how some of you guys actually work, its like living in dark ages from what alot of you think. Youve been in a rut for so long that when others come along with new ideas, styles  ((and what makes me laugh is that because ive not been on this forum long or on wfp long you think im a newbie)) and results you close your mind to it because in your tiny minds if youve not been able to do it in X amount of years then no one can.
Thats why people like me and others including Lee may come across as a threat perhaps.........bet your glad Lee isnt operating in your areas im guessing.

even with all your fannying about i bet i still earn a lot more than you do over the course of a year(and do less hours!) :D

i reckon your a 25 grand a year window cleaner. ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 10:49:32 pm »
whats laughable nathan is you saying you cleaned 15 houses in 2 and a half hours on another video.its BS mate!some of us have been window cleaners for well over 20 years and know roughly how many an hour we can clean(3 or 4 an hour,5 at a push).

how come you can clean more than anyone else in the same time?...because its either BS or your doing some serious corner cutting! ;D..........oh and as well as doing 3 or 4 videos! ;D

You are more than welcome to spend a day or half a day working with me to find out daz.
Also i showed how small those houses were buddy and compact on that video. Also bear in mind they are 4weekly and not covered in tree sap or worse.
Finally technique mate plays a huge part as well as equipment. Yes im 2 yrs on wfp and over 13yrs on trad, working day after day cleaning tediously and you dont think technique can be perfected if you push yourself. As for instance on the 2 techniques i did a vid on trad cleaning. Using either one of those methods would increase your speed especially doing so day in day out. Someone commented on that vid how they go slow and mop a window, squeegee a window.....what a slow process!! Someone gave comment how they go slow so not to have much detailing to do.........well i disagree!! Push yourself and perfect your technique because when you do, you might suprise yourself what your capeable off!!!

So if you wanna believe its Bull, then thats your choice. If others think speed equals poor quality than thats their problem to deal with. If ones want to flood each window to convince themselves that a good job is done then so be it and finally the ones who except that they cant do what others can do, then i feel sorry for you infact i pity you and the likes of some comments because you limit yourselfs with limitations placed by your minds eye and not the reality of what you can achieve!!

steady and brisk is how i like to work these days mate. ;D

running round like a busy fool is not for me anymore nathan.(esp if the customer is in!) ;D

Im not exactly rushing on this video, infact I thought I was actually mindful of going slow. As you point out, i have time for one or 2 vids, coffee breaks or even the odd carvery.....not quite rushing around like a busy fool.

Reminds me of an experience. One was trad cleaning a bungalow (ive told this many a times) and how every time the old dear would come outside and check every window because to her i worked too fast. She never did in the many years I cleaned her windows. I explained im not a cowboy for beer money, this was my job, my living 5 days a week, 20 odd days a month!! I aint doing it for a charity or the good of my health or as a leisurely way of spending the afternoon. With the many years behind me doing this job, you get good and you get quick. A bit like chefs chopping onions or gutting a fish or the amazing speed painters etc!! Do they get good and fast at what they are doing because they go steady or work part time at doing so. NO its because of repetition, and what the heck do we do from house to house from window to window and from day to day!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 10:56:01 pm »
I like your videos nathan, but this one seemed a bit pointless really, just some chap cleaning windows...

Yep im gonna delete soon. I thought with having a bluetooth microphone it would pick up the speech but it hasnt done so. When i uploaded it from my phone I thought it might just be my speakers and that a laptop or whatever would play the speech louder. But I have just chrome casted it to my TV and on full pelt on sound you cant hear me which goes against what i was trying to achieve  :'(

In answer to someone else comment about the 14inch brush, when im cleaning the downstairs bay and working from the side, i do say on vid (thats why this copy is pointless) that i have a 14inch brush, half the brush is cleaning the top frame with 3 jets on, and half the brush is cleaning top line of the window again with 3 jets on, which not only aids in shifting any dirt from the top frame but also on the window as well.   So the idiots who say about cutting corners with speed or whatever get off your high horses and correct your stubborn way of thinking.
Would i have compact rounds and be in this job for over 15 yrs if i did a crap job splashing windows and the prices that my customers pay compared to local competition.   I do wonder how some of you guys actually work, its like living in dark ages from what alot of you think. Youve been in a rut for so long that when others come along with new ideas, styles  ((and what makes me laugh is that because ive not been on this forum long or on wfp long you think im a newbie)) and results you close your mind to it because in your tiny minds if youve not been able to do it in X amount of years then no one can.
Thats why people like me and others including Lee may come across as a threat perhaps.........bet your glad Lee isnt operating in your areas im guessing.

even with all your fannying about i bet i still earn a lot more than you do over the course of a year(and do less hours!) :D

Wrong.
30 properties over 5 hours over three days at £10 minimum price is £900 a week minimum  for 15 hours work, your nowhere that. lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 11:00:21 pm »

Really!! These comments,,,,really daz!!
 ;D ;D
So many threads about what drives people at their jobs. Some its money, others to make even more money. Some to take over the world with franchises, others with fleets of vans and several bases. For others its just for a stress free life compared to previous work pressures, some its for health reasons and still others its for family life. Lol for some its all of the above,

Lol i laugh how it always comes down to school yard tactics whos got the bigger @#ck!  Who earns what per hour or the better car or house etc etc etc
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 11:03:10 pm »
Nathan if you really do work as fast as you say i would genuinely like to come and witness it in person.

Because im doing something wrong...even when i graft my nuts off i cant get near the volumes you have claimed in the past.

Must be something im missing but i cnat seem to go any faster AND do a good job, i can slap dash of course but on inspection it wouldnt be as perfect as i like it to be.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 11:04:54 pm »
You lot on this forum are so critical it's actually unreal.  Nathan made this video with intent to help out some newbies, regardless of whether this video is adequate for newbies to learn at least hes making the effort and trying things out, with videos etc.  Yet he's getting so bashed for it.  I might be the only one nathan but i actually enjoy your videos, shame about the sound on this one but other than that all seemed good.  Also i dont have the balls to rinse on the glass, i'd be constantly worried that i havent rinsed properly ha!

Keep it up though mate

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 11:08:51 pm »
Aye Dazmond is an ex alchie, wasted most of his youth, has no kids and lives on his own in a rented, pokey council flat!  ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 11:12:15 pm »
You lot on this forum are so critical it's actually unreal.  Nathan made this video with intent to help out some newbies, regardless of whether this video is adequate for newbies to learn at least hes making the effort and trying things out, with videos etc.  Yet he's getting so bashed for it.  I might be the only one nathan but i actually enjoy your videos, shame about the sound on this one but other than that all seemed good.  Also i dont have the balls to rinse on the glass, i'd be constantly worried that i havent rinsed properly ha!

Keep it up though mate

Be thankful that there are people on here who are critical as without it how do you tell the good advice from the bad ?

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 11:16:00 pm »

Keep it up though mate

nah, too sensitive.

this video was bit rubbish, thast not being mean just being honest in the nicest possible way. Nathan has done some good videos in the past, this wasnt one. no need to lie.

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 11:22:45 pm »
Nathan if you really do work as fast as you say i would genuinely like to come and witness it in person.

Because im doing something wrong...even when i graft my nuts off i cant get near the volumes you have claimed in the past.

Must be something im missing but i cnat seem to go any faster AND do a good job, i can slap dash of course but on inspection it wouldnt be as perfect as i like it to be.

You could get them Adam but like you say your quality would suffer, Nathan is under the illusion he's the only one who's ever
experimented with quick cleaning, I was forced to do it for want of not getting a decent price, believe me the quality was far
from perfect but would have more than done the cheapskates I was cleaning for, I just couldn't work that way so  dumped the
lot a bought some better paying work where I could go at a speed that suited my own quality expectations.

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 11:26:18 pm »

How many houses are people getting in a day?? It depends on the house, depends on access and depends whats in the garden.
On top of that, it depends on the frequency of the cleans and locations of the houses you clean.
For instance on this video its a big cul de sac and the houses are packed in.  There are no picket fences so i can clean the upstairs fronts of two houses before collapsing the pole to get the windows downstairs on the two houses. Know your route well, i work in zig zags so 2 house this side and cross over because it will help get my main hose to the 3rd house on the opposite side better than if i stayed on the side and did 3 houses next to each other.
Also my frames arent dirty, so not every house or every window needs the frame cleaning on every clean i do.  In my opinion the large brush and many jets help the rinse n clean process. Working sideways gives me a better cut over top frame n seal rather than the normal way most people do. Especially if frames need cleaning because the brush n jet spread is wider im covering frame clean and partial window clean plus rinse at the same time. I also dont feel i need to drown a window to think its clean. (Im sure i have a vid on u tube where i clean a window fast and show the quality of the dried or virtually dried window).
Im sure most people do most of that anyway, im sure your not that slow yourself adam.  But theres so many factors or varients in one mans area n windows compared to the next mans.
I refuse to believe if any of you guys reading these threads worked in this same area as shown on the video for 15years as I have, that you wouldnt have worked out the best route to take! Nor do i believe you wouldnt know each window and how best to get to it, which ones have a bad seal. Which ones are prone to slug trails etc etc etc and the list goes on and on and I point blank refuse to accept how with all of that, that you feel its near on impossible to get those 15 houses cleaned.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 11:41:34 pm »

You could get them Adam but like you say your quality would suffer, Nathan is under the illusion he's the only one who's ever
experimented with quick cleaning, I was forced to do it for want of not getting a decent price, believe me the quality was far
from perfect but would have more than done the cheapskates I was cleaning for, I just couldn't work that way so  dumped the
lot a bought some better paying work where I could go at a speed that suited my own quality expectations.

Do some people not read!!
Quality does not have to suffer my friend. If you have experimented than what are you doing wrong is what i would be asking yourself for allowing quality to suffer.

I refer back to squeegeeing if you did so??
Old school would be soak n wet each window. Mop down or in bucket on belt, then squeegee out and blade the window. Put away and detail if need be and finally wipe the sills!! A long boring tedious process and especially for people of your mind set who probably made sure the window had plenty of suds on because thats what cleans the window isnt it 😂😂😂
Others may do same as above and detail with a scrim in one hand whilst squeegee was in the other and this would increase productivity.
Others went from a 14inch mop n blade and went to 18inch which saved energy and morale and did as above.
I didnt like either and most should realise that where time was lost was moving ladders and detailing. For me i perfected my technique in blading so very little if any detailing was needed. Then improved the speed of doing so. After that i squeegeed and mopped at the same time or where large panes of glass were together i could mop one whilst blading the previous mopped window and again got gradually faster n faster at doing so. Windows that would take my smaller friend 2 moves of ladder to clean would take me one. But i assure you no quality suffered, but i became quick at my job by saving time. A bit like saying watch the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves 😂

Its the same principles on wfp and i do feel sorry for you if you feel you cant match working at a faster pace and keep quality from slipping!!

Did you guys invest in vision as well because it made the windows sparkle n bubble and so it must be good stuff 😂😂😂😂😂😂  hold on 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 11:57:56 pm »
Hence why i get so @#$$ed off when people are closed minded and insist that quality and speed (that makes me laugh, speed......it isnt speed its just slightly quicker than what you think is possible)) cant exist in the same universe.

Pick fault with this, cause its dam fast compared to a normal painter
https://youtu.be/e4ba309H0WI

Then tell me how the two principles of your arguements are not the same, not related !!

Bet he has a smudge somewhere but the camera is too far away for us to see!! He drew it with pencil first (is always my favourite), he will sell it to a nobody who doesnt care because its not really art or skill full, its not quite a picasso or a Monet so quality can slip and you wont be non the wiser!!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 01:22:48 am »
Haha final point i promise,  (yep insomnia isnt great, especially if im on here all night as well, tho i might watch one of my vids im sure that might help 😂😂)
The vid where i mentioned and showed 15 houses that I cleaned in just over 2 hours wasnt meant to cause offense or even any way of showing off. It was in relation to pump usage in discussion of solar panel charging so it put perspective on how long the pump was draining wattage compared to the input from the panels.
Cause misleading truths is what i do as i have stakes in the solar panel industry as well as immersion heaters!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 06:51:03 am »
Stop feeling sorry for people Nathan there's no need, anybody can be a splash and dash cowboy but not everybody can be a quality cleaner you have found what suits you. YeeeeeHaaaaaa.

Stoots

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 06:58:15 am »
The issues I have when trying to go faster are

Not enough scrubbing so leave the odd mark thats not removed. I see people making one pass but my windows don't seem to be like that, there's nearly always some pollen, bird muck or something that requires extra scrubbing.

Not enough rinsing, all seems good then when you check after there's bits you haven't rinsed off

Sills not clean, with a quick swipe over it usually dislodges muck from under the gap. Takes a bit of rinsing or wipe with a cloth.

Perhaps the issue is I like mine to be perfect I just can't bring myself to do it half assed which is what I would feel like I was doing dashing round with a quick swipe of the glass rinsing on and a quick swipe of the sill.

OR maybe I am as fast as you Nathan perhaps it's that I don't have the compact work you have. I have next to nothing on the same street.

andyM

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2017, 07:13:39 am »
Didn't even touch the sill on the window above the garage.
One of the Plebs

Mick Kent

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2017, 07:47:13 am »
Nice video Nathan.
I cant see what all the fuss is about, obviously you took your time and made sure the front was done correctly. Im sure you work double that speed on your normal runs you do.
The fact that you have built up a healthy business that you can get round each month and earn enough to live by your means you have done well.

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 07:59:59 am »
Aye Dazmond is an ex alchie, wasted most of his youth, has no kids and lives on his own in a rented, pokey council flat!  ;D

yep thats right and slept with more women than you ve had hot dinners!........yes totally wasted! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 08:18:37 am »
The issues I have when trying to go faster are

Not enough scrubbing so leave the odd mark thats not removed. I see people making one pass but my windows don't seem to be like that, there's nearly always some pollen, bird muck or something that requires extra scrubbing.

Not enough rinsing, all seems good then when you check after there's bits you haven't rinsed off

Sills not clean, with a quick swipe over it usually dislodges muck from under the gap. Takes a bit of rinsing or wipe with a cloth.

Perhaps the issue is I like mine to be perfect I just can't bring myself to do it half assed which is what I would feel like I was doing dashing round with a quick swipe of the glass rinsing on and a quick swipe of the sill.

OR maybe I am as fast as you Nathan perhaps it's that I don't have the compact work you have. I have next to nothing on the same street.

The points you raise are interesting, how long have you n wife been doing this??
Like i said im not doing anything special, but ive been doing it long enough to know virtually each house I do. New customers houses may take a little longer till I get to know them but yes all but 2% of my work is compact which certainly helps ☺

But going back to your concerns, my brush is dual trimmed and short stiff bristles which give good scrubbing and good contact on the window. Its the tips of the monofilaments that does the work thats why i dont like brushes which spread open with the slightest contact on the glass.
Ive learnt not to look through the glass but look at the glass and especially on downstairs work you should be able to see  the marks that need scrubbing if your paying attention even when going a little faster. Even on this vid you can see me scub in places where its needed.
Rinsing, i have 6 jets with good flow, and i mean good flow. Again i know my houses and i perhaps have 20 - 25 houses in my entire round which are hydrophobic.

I hate sills where the slightest bit of water gets undrneath and a tonne of dirt comes out. So i deal with it! May take a little longer on first couple of cleans but with 6 or 4 jets i had before, you can aim the jets underneath at an angle and flush all the crap out making later cleans easier.

But peolle need to film them selves its liberating and they may be suprised with what they find out about their own technique or even physically see what the time print is how fast they take!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk