jo5hm4n

RAMS Help??
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:39:03 pm »
So in my other business that i have which is totally seperate industry to window cleaning i have a new client who i am booked in for next week, but they have just told me that i am required to give them Risk Assessment and Method Statements for their filing and auditing.  I have never done this before, but he told me he needs it by tomorrow if at all possible.  Where do i even start with this?  I've never dealt with this before.

Can somebody explain to me exactly what i need to do please, or even better send me a template of your own risk assessment method statements so that i can at least see some examples of what this all means, and then i could change the neccessary bits that are important to the job i will be doing and edit them accordingly.

Would really appreciate some advice on this, as i have little time to get this done so want to get it cracking.

Thanks

Don Kee

Re: RAMS Help??
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 06:44:45 pm »
Risk Assessment - literally, what are the potential risks that may occur in you taking on said works

Method Statement - what will you/employees do to avoid/minimise said risks & hazards

I'm on my phone, so can't attach and RAMS (they're on laptop)
Will try to later unless someone can help you out before hand

jo5hm4n

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:00:22 pm »
Risk Assessment - literally, what are the potential risks that may occur in you taking on said works

Method Statement - what will you/employees do to avoid/minimise said risks & hazards

Thanks and if you can attach RAMS when you get chance would appreciate that very much!

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:03:53 pm »
So in my other business that i have which is totally seperate industry to window cleaning i have a new client who i am booked in for next week, but they have just told me that i am required to give them Risk Assessment and Method Statements for their filing and auditing.  I have never done this before, but he told me he needs it by tomorrow if at all possible.  Where do i even start with this?  I've never dealt with this before.

Can somebody explain to me exactly what i need to do please, or even better send me a template of your own risk assessment method statements so that i can at least see some examples of what this all means, and then i could change the neccessary bits that are important to the job i will be doing and edit them accordingly.

Would really appreciate some advice on this, as i have little time to get this done so want to get it cracking.

Thanks

http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/faq.htm
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

jo5hm4n

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 10:22:55 pm »

Can i have your honest opinion.  The job i am doing is worth about £150 maximum in profit.  Job itself will take 2 hours, but if its going too take hours to prepare these method statements and risk assessments then its not really worth it.  Also this is a one off job, not a repeat customer.  Would you think this is worth it?  Bear in mind i'm not desperate for the money, it's just i dont want to be faffing for hours preparing statements, unless its something that can be done very quickly?  Maybe 30 mins-1hour?

Just looking for your opinion on this.

Thanks

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »
What's your email?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

jo5hm4n

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 11:14:51 pm »

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:42:14 pm »
Just tried to send you a document.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

jo5hm4n

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 12:03:41 am »
Just tried to send you a document.

Okay thanks, nothing has come through yet, il check again in the morning.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 07:18:15 am »
I was on the iPad last night. Ive just sent a far more comprehensive document. Take a look at that.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 09:41:36 am »
I was on the iPad last night. Ive just sent a far more comprehensive document. Take a look at that.

Thanks i've got the document will read through it and try to alter it to suit the business i am using it for.

Don Kee

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 04:53:44 pm »

Can i have your honest opinion.  The job i am doing is worth about £150 maximum in profit.  Job itself will take 2 hours, but if its going too take hours to prepare these method statements and risk assessments then its not really worth it.  Also this is a one off job, not a repeat customer.  Would you think this is worth it?  Bear in mind i'm not desperate for the money, it's just i dont want to be faffing for hours preparing statements, unless its something that can be done very quickly?  Maybe 30 mins-1hour?

Just looking for your opinion on this.

Thanks

Sorry mate, I missed this...

I can't really say if it's worth it or not, only you know what your time is worth to you & whether you may pick up future jobs from doing it mate....

All I'd say is that once the RAMS is done, its then done. You can then change it up and adapt to any future jobs that need them and so then takes you less time

(Sorry I forgot to send mine, I'll send ne to your email now)