dave f

I just wondered what the difference is between the two reason I ask is  I am fed up with the black univalve one. I am having to pull on it two or three times  so I have gone back to the aquadapter

Paul erithwc

Re: what is the differance between the black univalve and the red univalve
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:51:55 am »
It might be your hose that's the problem not the uni valve softer hoses stretch on the heat.

Paul

dave f

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:58:52 am »
every thing is set up correctly ive changed hose to a softer one but befour that I had a good quality hose fitted made no differance

Paul erithwc

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 09:02:05 am »
I have had the same issue with gardiner all season hose but if i put a orange pu hose on the problem stops.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 09:09:55 am »
PVC hose is very stretchy when warm. The best stuff is PU hose like the new green one from Gardiner's or the orange or blue one from Exceed. I have three of the original black Univalves and they all work fine with PU hose. Every now and then they 'misfire' so to speak, but on the whole they're great.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

jk999

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 01:59:04 pm »
Feel sorry for you dave having to sometimes pull three time on hose ,your still saving time having the univalve on, it happen s to me but quite frankly its not that much of a problem

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 04:49:13 pm »
I presume they are different batches that's all. I was sent a replacement ( red one ) after my first one packed up after 5 months, looks and feels no different in use.
When I have had problems with the sensitivity of its action ( as you describe by maybe having to pull on it 3 times ) its been down to tension e.g. whatever you use as the hose stop where it comes out the gooseneck may need tweaking. I now use a barbed hose joiner with a jubilee clip over it rather than an o ring so its adjustable without crushing the hose and restricting flow.

dave f

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 05:13:58 pm »
i thought the red one was a re vamped one may be not?????

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 05:23:04 pm »
i thought the red one was a re vamped one may be not?????
Maybe, but to me looks no different other than in colour.

Phil J

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 07:04:39 pm »
The colour