Mike #1

Re: what is the best battery to buy
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 06:36:49 am »
hi jacqueline...... you wont go wrong with this had mine for 18 months now and has proved faultless

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110Ah-Alphaline-Leisure-Battery12V-110Ah-Battery-Motorhome-Marine-Boat-/271848490012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4b6ec41c

tony

Got the same brand battery got mine off Amazon the company  are based in Gloucester been a very good battery 3yr warranty cant complain .

Although Halfords batteries are'nt bad 2yr warranty last about 20 months max and very easy to exchange just tell them they are used for work .

slap bash

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 12:08:36 pm »
I bought a lead acid from a supplier which lasted a few days when I took it back the chap advised a gel battery as they tke a charge better and also suited to our use better.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 11:14:17 pm »
Banner Batteries (Made in Austria) are invariably rated as being the best leisure batteries. They aren't cheap but they are superb. I charge up every night on a smart charger - no onboard charging at the moment for me.

I bought a 2/hand Banner one for £7.50 (135a/h) two years ago when it was supposedly dead from a garage. Put it on a smart charger  over the weekend and used it to pump 600 litres of water the next day and then charged it at 4 a/h over night (15 hours) and it was ready by the next day for another 600L.

It is now getting a bit tired but as I work alone now I only need 400L a day and it still copes. I can't be certain but I think it is about 6 years old.

I will undoubtedly buy a brand new one even though it will cost about 25% more than other batteries of the same nominal rating.

It's a game of three halves!