Smudger

Re: Anyone give customers christmas cards or a letter wishing the best?
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 03:54:43 pm »
We give each customer a card (handwritten) and the 8x that are not on get one posted. We write them out the night before and pop the next clean card / windows have been cleaned card in at the same time. My LO is 12 and helps write them out now, so its a little less tedious :)
Mrs Smudger
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 03:58:59 pm »
I don't 'cos I can't read or write.

C o z y

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 04:20:04 pm »
Well i doubt a customer would say " im cancelling you as i never got a christmas card" lighten up, its a chance to show professionalism and  let the  customers know you take your business seriously and thank each of them for their continued custom :)

Yep, that's my point exactly, never lost one because of it.  ;) Does your bin man or hairdresser or postman send you a Christmas card? What's "professionalism" got to do with it? If I don't send them a card then I'm unprofessional  ??? Smacks of grovelling for a tip to me mate. Not saying that's what you're doing, I'm saying that I would see it that way if my bin man / hairdresser etc would send me a card.

I understand that some of you see it different, but hey, that's life. Happy Christmas holidays by the way   :D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 04:27:42 pm »
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

H20cleaning

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 04:31:17 pm »
A binman isnt self employed and noone gets a say they turn up
And empty your bins.
A barbers we go to when we want they have a shop
And we usually tip them anyway (unless your a tight git)

and as for professionalism, i think it looks better showing that you arnt scrimping and are willing to spend a few quid to wish the customers all the best:)
If you haven't done it before then thats fine, i always have and just wondered if i was the only one.

wfp master

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 04:32:41 pm »
Well i doubt a customer would say " im cancelling you as i never got a christmas card" lighten up, its a chance to show professionalism and  let the  customers know you take your business seriously and thank each of them for their continued custom :)

Yep, that's my point exactly, never lost one because of it.  ;) Does your bin man or hairdresser or postman send you a Christmas card? What's "professionalism" got to do with it? If I don't send them a card then I'm unprofessional  ??? Smacks of grovelling for a tip to me mate. Not saying that's what you're doing, I'm saying that I would see it that way if my bin man / hairdresser etc would send me a card.

I understand that some of you see it different, but hey, that's life. Happy Christmas holidays by the way   :D
+1 christmas card drops through letter box custie thinking hes after a tip.
better thanking your custies in person than sending a card just my thoughts.
any way i thank my custies when i collect. not once a year. ;)

C o z y

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »
A binman isnt self employed and noone gets a say they turn up
And empty your bins.
A barbers we go to when we want they have a shop
And we usually tip them anyway (unless your a tight git)

and as for professionalism, i think it looks better showing that you arnt scrimping and are willing to spend a few quid to wish the customers all the best:)
If you haven't done it before then thats fine, i always have and just wondered if i was the only one.

I see your point mate, but I think a custy's first thought when they get a card from their window cleaner would be "eh? what's that all about?" rather than "OH, our windy has sent us a card, that looks professional. He must have cash to spare to show us how much he cares".

If I start getting cards off my bin man or hairdresser, or my windy (If I had one) I'd think he's after a tip, or is lining my missus up  ;D ;D As you say, it's upto us isn't it. So good luck, what about a card for me then?  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

wfp master

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 05:06:21 pm »
just ordered 1000 xmas cards
2000 valentines cards
1000 easter sunday cards
1000 good friday cards
1000 happpy new year cards
i will send 1000 postcards when on holiday to all customers.
  that should keep them happy next year. ;)

H20cleaning

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 06:23:29 pm »
I send christmas cards to everyone and Valentines day cards to the milfs thats all that it needs ;)
 I dont do it for tips i generally do it to thank customers! Im 21 and i think that most of them would think its thoughtful of me(tips are welcomed ofcourse) :o

Anyway if we all did the same then we would be boring!

Tis the season to be jolly lalalalala la la la laaaaaaa