i was hoping for some info on these as well

ben M

Re: Fibredyne pre-filter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:03:33 pm »
buy it and give us a review  ;D

DeLuce

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 05:33:44 pm »
I've got one, does a good job. Only need that one filter. You have a choice of 2. One finer than the other. If you live in a high sediment area don't buy the finer one.
Mr. G is online, so I'm sure he will refine my comment  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:01:57 pm »
I've got one, does a good job. Only need that one filter. You have a choice of 2. One finer than the other. If you live in a high sediment area don't buy the finer one.
Mr. G is online, so I'm sure he will refine my comment  ;D

Well summed up.

The one you have the CFB-Plus replaces all three of your standard pre-filters and can last up to 3 times longer than economy filters. The slightly more expensive ones the CFBC have a longer carbon reduction life and can last up to 5 times longer than standard pre-filters. They are best matched with a 5 micron sediment filters to avoid clogging up on water supplies with a high sediment content (which quite a lot of us in the UK do have).

Shane O Neill

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 06:23:23 pm »
How much Alex for the cfbc ? Do you have any links ? (I need to start my own water production water here in Manchester is good about 80 so fairly soft would I need an ro with this or is it all 1package? Cheers Shane)

ben M

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »
How much Alex for the cfbc ? Do you have any links ? (I need to start my own water production water here in Manchester is good about 80 so fairly soft would I need an ro with this or is it all 1package? Cheers Shane)
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Filters.html

Shane O Neill

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:52:12 pm »
Cheers Ben  ;)
Ps as I'm just starting out on the water production at home do you guys think this is the best setup ?
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/P1000_P2000_Portable_RO_Units.html

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 07:28:04 pm »
Mr. G is online, so I'm sure he will refine my comment  ;D

Well summed up.

The one you have the CFB-Plus replaces all three of your standard pre-filters and can last up to 3 times longer than economy filters. The slightly more expensive ones the CFBC have a longer carbon reduction life and can last up to 5 times longer than standard pre-filters. They are best matched with a 5 micron sediment filters to avoid clogging up on water supplies with a high sediment content (which quite a lot of us in the UK do have).

If I remember correctly when these just came out this info wasn't available on the website. I've never heard of our tap water having a high sediment (rust flakes, sand etc) content though?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 07:39:08 pm »

The CFB-Plus is £14 for the 10" - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Filters.html

This would just take care of your Chlorine reduction you would then need something to remove the dissolved solids.

You could do this with just a DI vessel and resin beads - you would get about 2000 litres from a 7 litre DI vessel which means it would cost you about £17 per 2000 litres of pure water.

The better way would be with an RO system. Depending on how fast you need to process this would depend on which RO system to go for. You would then also need a DI vessel after the RO to polish it the last little bit.

If you are processing into a large storage container (IBC) and then transferring into a vehicle tank you may be able to get away with a relatively slow RO such as - http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=22_93&product_id=150 This is probably the lowest cost way of producing water with costs as low as £1 per 2000 litres

If you need to process water more quickly then a faster commercial RO such as the EZ-Pure range would be more suitable. It would cost slightly more to run at about £1 per 1500 litres.

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 07:50:56 pm »
Alex whats the optimum water pressure for the HF5 Ez-Pure?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 08:12:07 pm »
Alex whats the optimum water pressure for the HF5 Ez-Pure?

Optimum is 70psi -  they can work well down to even as low as 40psi, but quality and volume are affected.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 08:33:53 pm »

Well summed up.

If I remember correctly when these just came out this info wasn't available on the website. I've never heard of our tap water having a high sediment (rust flakes, sand etc) content though?

Some areas are worse than others and over the last few months we have had a few clients who have found that the CFBC without pre-sediment filter has clogged up due to muddy water. It really does depend on the area you get your water from.

The flow through rate of the CFB-Plus is also better for users with lower input pressures.

However for those with clean water and good pressure the CFBC has amazing chlorine reduction capacity.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 09:16:19 pm »
so these new filters do you need 1 and leave the other capsules empty or three of the same ?

ben M

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 09:18:40 pm »
so these new filters do you need 1 and leave the other capsules empty or three of the same ?
just one

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 05:16:33 am »

Well summed up.

Some areas are worse than others and over the last few months we have had a few clients who have found that the CFBC without pre-sediment filter has clogged up due to muddy water. It really does depend on the area you get your water from.

The flow through rate of the CFB-Plus is also better for users with lower input pressures.

However for those with clean water and good pressure the CFBC has amazing chlorine reduction capacity.

Hi Alex,

When you say "reduction" rather than "removal", please can you tell us what this means. The CAG carbon filters have a service life of 2500 GALS of chlorine removal, but there is a big difference between chlorine removal and reduction.

Thanks.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 08:09:56 am »

Well summed up.

Hi Alex,

When you say "reduction" rather than "removal", please can you tell us what this means. The CAG carbon filters have a service life of 2500 GALS of chlorine removal, but there is a big difference between chlorine removal and reduction.

Thanks.

Semantically there is a difference between Reduction & Removal. On this occasion however I used the two words interchangeably - apologies if this caused confusion.

The sentence should have perhaps better read:

However for those with clean water and good pressure the CFBC has an amazing chlorine removal capacity -  (10" = 16,500 GALS)

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:29 am »

Hi Alex,

Thanks.
[/quote]

Semantically there is a difference between Reduction & Removal. On this occasion however I used the two words interchangeably - apologies if this caused confusion.

The sentence should have perhaps better read:

However for those with clean water and good pressure the CFBC has an amazing chlorine removal capacity -  (10" = 16,500 GALS)
[/quote]

Hi Alex,

I have a CFBC-20 that has 152000 litre life. Please can you tell me what that means; ie., will it remove all chlorine in the water of 152000 litres of water?

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 08:31:44 am »
Hi Alex,

I have a CFBC-20 that has 152000 litre life. Please can you tell me what that means; ie., will it remove all chlorine in the water of 152000 litres of water?

This is correct. It has enough chlorine absorbing material within the filter to remove the chlorine from 152,000 litres of standard supply municipal water treated with the correct amount of chlorine (Standard UK type water)

Obviously if using on non-standard water supply with too high an amount of chlorine present then the useable life would be shorter.