matt2323

what is the cheapest and smallest wfp
« on: October 24, 2005, 04:25:55 pm »
can anyone tell me the cheapest way to try out wfp on my existing customers

Re: what is the cheapest and smallest wfp
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 05:49:16 pm »
I think this is about the cheapest way to do it for doing first floor (tops) only and some ground floor work too (leaded/Georgian windows):

(All prices approximate)

Shurflo Back Pack:           £215.00 (Inc VAT and delivery)
Pole:                                  £80.00 (Get a good one - Ionics 18 foot is good)
Brush Head:                      £30.00
Water barrels x 6              £35.00 (very approx)
Hose:                                £30.00
RO/DI 50 Gall per day       £70.00
Some Hoselock fittings     £10.00   
Water Butt                       £ 40.00

Total                                 £520.00
There's probably one or two things I've either forgotten or priced wrongly; so add another £50.

So you could be up and running with a WFP system for around £570.00.

It's worth it for numerous reasons.

Also don't worry about what your customers may think; apart from 'great'.  Drop the strange ones; which I haven't had to yet, if at all.

I still use ladders though, if I think it's going to be quicker or for access reasons (flat roofs and the like).

I picked up two new customers today; both times it was raining; and I was using a WFP.

Some of my current customers don't even bat an eye-lid at me using a WFP; until I give them my 'information 'essay'' and start explaining.  One customer has even told me 'enough!', as long as my windows are clean; I don't care how you do it.

That's good enough for me.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 06:06:45 pm »
Oh, and don't forget to have a look at Matt's DIY site either: it's good if your on a budget too:

http://d.co.uk/

It gives the best 'walk through, talk through' guide to WFP cleaning I've seen on the net.  You'll understand your 'ROs from your DIs' there and find out the difference between your elbow and TDS.

If the site really 'does it for you' make sure you leave a donation (like I did and he spent it on pizza) and say hello in his forum.  They're a friendly lot in there.

matt

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 06:14:28 pm »
thanks for your kind words Tosh

I have a system here for sale

http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=105

brand new and working a treat ;)

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 07:36:28 pm »

where do you get them for that price

simbo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 08:41:18 pm »
i was going to post same subject, as this is something i am considering could some body please clarify, i can produce own water ro or can you use just di , excuse ignorance
cheers paul

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 08:46:34 pm »
HI Everyone,

Tosh, you should have given me a shout about your backpack before you spent that money!!!

I get them imported from the States and including the import tax, they work out about £150, several Cleanitup members have them now including me  ;D

Andrew

mick hay

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 10:01:51 pm »
andrew, do you have any info on the back packs you get could you mail it to me if so.....cheers   mjhaywood@btinternet.com

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 10:27:01 pm »
Andrew

I would also be interested in any info regarding the back packs if you could mail it to me.

paul@1stclasscleaning.co.uk

Thankyou
               Paul

busydaffodil

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 10:31:04 pm »

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 10:42:20 pm »
Have those backpacks got a handle like the cleantech ones so you can pick it up instead of use it on your back.

Paul

brett walker

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 11:31:29 pm »
If you look on the pictures of my backpack on the other thread that was one that Andrew 24-7 got me.

Its a Shurflo one got me a good deal, much cheaper than normal retail price not that im saying there's anything wrong with buying it from anywhere else , i went for the best deal.

regards

Brett

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 04:04:33 pm »
Tosh, you should have given me a shout about your backpack before you spent that money!!!

I get them imported from the States and including the import tax, they work out about £150, several Cleanitup members have them now including me  ;D

Andrew

Andrew, I considered your group buy; then dithered!

To Paul,

They have a 'handle' of sorts.  It's a strap at the top of the back pack webbing (the shoulder stap bit), but it's not brilliant.

It's heavy to cart around; so most people mount it on a trolley.

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 04:47:43 pm »

where do you get them for that price

Williamson Pumps; I'm sure it was £215.

Their phone number is 0845 226 3638

I can't find the receipt in my pile of paperwork that needs sorting, but I've scribbled down £175 plus vat (and delivery).

Go on; join the 'back-pack gang'! ;)