P @ F

OPINIONS PLEASE , WHICH SIGNING ?
« on: October 12, 2005, 08:17:45 pm »
Not sure what one looks best , give us your opinions please .
Cheers in advance     Rich  P @ F

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Re: OPINIONS PLEASE , WHICH SIGNING ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 08:23:20 pm »
PF,

They both look very similar to me.  I did a 'dip doo magazoo etc' and the top one was chosen.

williamx

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 08:33:31 pm »
If it was me I would put a landline telephone number down instead of a mobile number, and I would put Window Cleaning somewere on the van as well.

busydaffodil

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 08:42:05 pm »
Both look good, though I agree with William.

Around here, a mobile number only implies gypsies or con men.

"Window Cleaning" would help because there are a few of us dullards around that know nothing about WFP, etc

GOOD LUCK

Lizzy

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 08:52:51 pm »
I think they both look ok.

I also think it is very important to have 'window cleaning' in big big big letters as the main writing to catch peoples eye. The name (sorry but it's true) doesn't mean much to the customer.

Neither does how you clean the windows. (sorry again)

I tend to agree that a home phone number is better (in large letters) but what I'd do is to then have any phone calls during the day transfered to your mobile.

Having said that, it does looks good.

Cheers

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 08:54:25 pm »
Richard

Above anything else the first thing you want customers to notice is that you are a window cleaner ,I reckon the biggest type set should state  WINDOW  CLEANER
                       panes and frames

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 09:06:07 pm »
Yes totally agree you need
WINDOW CLEANING
to be the biggest letters and then you telephone number also large.
The rest of the writing should be slightly smaller.

But im no expert im just a humble window cleaner but i think that works best.

Paul

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 09:14:38 pm »
What the Guys and Gals said. And in answer to the original question - the top one looks best to me.
It's a game of three halves!

H h20

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 09:14:56 pm »
I don`t mean to throw a spanner in the works,but are you using ionics reach and wash equipment? only you are using there logo and it is a trademark,so to avoid any legal matters i would redo your logo,unless that is you do use ionics then it`s ok,i did my own logo and im well impressed with the results,if i could upload any pictures i would but im still finding it wont work,Gaz.  ;)

daniel b

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 09:49:43 pm »
the top one looks best too me,well done.

Daniel
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 09:50:45 pm »
Cheers Gaz , the plank told me he drew it himself , gonna go and swede him in the morning , if you could send me some pics of what yours looks like , i can go from there .

Jibbers@blueyonder.co .uk

Cheers Rich

Ian_Giles

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 09:52:37 pm »
Mmm, I think I like the top one best, and I think you are right to splash the fact that you are a 'different' type of window cleaner.
Most people don't know the first thing about Water Fed Pole window cleaning, or 'Ladderless window cleaning'
But it does differentiate you from others.

Slightly smaller on your name, and slighter larger on the fact you are a window cleaner.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement that a mobile only number makes you look like a gypsy/traveller either.
How many of us don't use a mobile now?
I hardly bother with my landline, all my customers, or potential customers get given my mobile, it's how people get hold of me!! Why waste time routing a call through your landline??

To much info though just confuses, some vans go around with so much 'stuff' written on their vans, you can't work out who the hell they are, or what they do!!
By the time you have worked it out it's too late.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 10:06:35 pm »
Yet another spanner in the works.

When we decided to get sign writing we sat in a lay-by on a busy dual carriage way where the speed limit was 70mph.

Then we looked at commercial vehicles speeding past.

The ones we tended to notice were those that just had their trade (builder, van rental, office cleaning, etc) in large letters and a large phone number.

Try it yourself as you are driving around. Look at the work vans and what you notice about them.

All we having is the words 'window cleaner' and a free phone number. Why more don't take advantage of free phone numbers is a mystery to me as they are cheap.

We also have 'who you gonna call' as our van (hearse) looks in someways like the Ghost Busters vehicle and we wanted to (for some at least) create something to remember us by.

No where on our work van is our business name or how we clean windows. Just the fact that we do clean windows is all that matters.

But having said that P @ F's proposed sign writing look fine to me and does create an impression that will do the job. The above is just how we done it.
Cheers

H h20

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 10:10:23 pm »
Cheers Gaz , the plank told me he drew it himself , gonna go and swede him in the morning , if you could send me some pics of what yours looks like , i can go from there .

Jibbers@blueyonder.co .uk

Cheers Rich
Rich iv`e sent you an email,Gaz.

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 09:59:10 am »
Just an update on the Ionics logo on the van , spoke to the writer today and he said he got it from a program called freeware , apparently the artist that drew it has still the rights and lets people use it , my man was so confident about it he will take any comeback that arises , let the games begin !

Rich  P @ F

H h20

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 11:48:49 am »
Nice one Rich,go for it then,the bigger the better,be seen mate don`t get lost in the crowd,Gaz.  ;)

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 02:20:27 pm »
Looks spot on Rich - I got my Transporter done similarly and with just the mobile and it's working out well.
The only difference is I have a few bullet points lower down signs soffits etc but I agree with Ross where little as poss is best
Cheers,  Red

matt

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 03:34:28 pm »
Just an update on the Ionics logo on the van , spoke to the writer today and he said he got it from a program called freeware , apparently the artist that drew it has still the rights and lets people use it , my man was so confident about it he will take any comeback that arises , let the games begin !

Rich  P @ F

this is interesting, as its fast becoming the "industry standard WFP logo"

as i was  under the impression ionics protect the logo with threats ot court action

i wonder if you join there fed / association, you would be able to use the logo  ;)

Mike_G

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 03:49:03 pm »
I asked if I could buy a large transfer of the logo for my van when i got two poles from ionic but they said I would have to buy the whole system to get any logos

H h20

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 03:51:47 pm »
Rich,the best thing to do is to ring ionocs and ask them ,if you can`t use it then,i will send you my logo and if you like it use it i would be proud as i designed it,Gaz.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 05:01:14 pm »
Hi Rich,

Think they would both create a very good image of your company but I personally like the top one, although I have to agree with everyone else on making the company name smaller and your profession bigger.

Dont think the mobile number makes any company look like a gyspy but I do think the cost of calls to mobiles will put some people off.

Would suggest you put both landline & mobile and they can choose.

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 05:02:56 pm »
IM A BIG BADBOY , SO IM GONNA USE IT ANYWAY !

Im a one man band , they gotta catch me first , if i see them commin im gonna jump on the climbing frame , feet off the floor , and shout "BARSIES" LOL

Rich  P @ F  

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 05:11:22 pm »
Been talkin to the writer again , mailed him my design and hes doin the swap on sizes for me , its gettin done on Wednesday for sure , and the price is outstanding , sides , bonnet and back doors all fitted for £150 all in , and hes just told me hes now doing it in 2 colours to make it look even better !

Rich  P @ F

Majestic

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 10:58:34 pm »
Do you have a Ionnics system ,as they dont like people using there logos if they havent

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 11:02:25 pm »
Hi Vince , you did spin me out a bit !
You are supposed to be in Spain ,  get off my patch , and i dont want to find any of your leaflets in my areas !   LOL

;D ;D ;D  rICH  p @ f

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 11:05:48 pm »
JOHN GARNETT , I will chew them up and spit them out if they knock on my door , the logo was found on a freeware site , apparently anybody can use it .

Rich  P @ F

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 11:52:10 pm »
Hey the only 9 story building i know of in plymouth is Smeatons tower LOL
Is this another one of your lame arse wind ups, i wonder  ;D
Come on then whos got 9 storys in plymouth , and dont say JACK A NORY !

Rich  P @ F