matt

Re: Federation Terminates my Membership
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2005, 07:24:37 pm »
where are the fed "leaders"

come on, let us know why this has happened

The usual response when an awkward question is asked is:-

"We do not discuss individual cases"

i guess your right

though they are quick enough to "big up themsleves" i remmber a while back, the new "blood" would Move the FED forward, it was all we heard for a while

now the silence speaks a million words

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2005, 08:02:16 pm »
I am quite shocked they took this approach ??? I am not on the Board any more I came off a couple of months ago,I will try to make the meeting myself Friday,I dont think this was in the favour to do this to Philip ??? stumped infact :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2005, 08:07:21 pm »
Thank you for the words of support!

Just to get this matter in perspective:
I believe that window cleaners are getting a poor deal from the fed, and that they are failing to represent the industry effectively.  I also believe that the changes that the fed needs to make will never happen.  Ever.

But, I am just one person.  For all I know, other window cleaners may be happy with what the fed does for them.

My experience with the Federation has not been entirely negative.  For instance, I have gotten to know several committee members well, and I believe that there are at least some of them that really want the industry to progress, and are genuinely passionate about the industry.

But the more I see, the more I think they may be banging their head against a brick wall.  There are, as I understand it, three people who basically run the federation, and they are welded to it.  They will never be removed.  No other organization would allow an employee who libeled a private company, resulting in legal action costing tens of thousands of pounds, to remain in place - but the Federation has done this.

No other organization would tolerate one of its officers causing a public embarrassment to the entire industry on national TV, but the Federation has done this.

Even if a group of members formed a pressure group, I don't think that the fed would let something as trivial as what members think get in the way of their plans.

I sometimes wonder if by taking it so seriously, I am giving the Fed too much credit, and really I should do what others do, and just laugh as it bumbles from one crisis to the next.  I did actually laugh when I first got this letter today, and you have to admit, it is comical!

I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but if the bare bones of anything, be it a new trade association or whatever, are put in place, I do wonder how the Fed will possibly compete.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to meeting many members tomorrow, and I hope we can do something so that the issues that matter to us window cleaners are given the attention they need!

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

matt

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2005, 08:08:35 pm »
Terry

can i ask why did you leave the board, as you seem to do more PR work for WC'ers than the FED itself

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2005, 08:22:59 pm »
Matt,

This was always going to be the case,as a Record holder you do and will get the media Attention,so this was the most and best roll I could play,and I did it to my best ability,sometimes you do not get the back up you need to carry this on,so I thought its time to move on,thats what I am doing now,I got the Federation more publicity than anything,I must say there were times when the Fed did give 100%,but when your doing Pr you need it all of the time,I enjoyed my time on the board,and miss the meetings,but not the traveling,250 miles each way ::)and give up your sunday,so after some 3/4 years I thought time to move on..but I still will be doing the shows Excel,NEC etc and I am Interested to see whats going to come together for the future ???

Terry
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2005, 08:28:50 pm »
Terry

you are going to be our mascot and publicity machine .

we will not take no for an answer.

I will steal your crown at windex.

Dave

matt

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2005, 08:31:03 pm »
Terry

you allways seem to do "your bit" when ever i have seen you, a true professional without the Bull$hit

matt

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2005, 08:39:23 pm »
here is a question for the "new blood" on the FED council

this whole issue is a joke, and if you cannot see it, open your eyes

Will you still be sat with your fellow Council members knowing what has gone on, i know i would be showing my disgust by walking away

:o :o

Now i am not a member, BUT i do clean windows as my job, i guess your answer will be :its got nothing to do with you, we only represent the members" but shouldnt you be representing the WHOLE of the profession

Steve Lowe

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2005, 08:53:42 pm »
Hi Philip
           First of all i would like to say i was not at the meeting on Monday but had i of been i would of voted against this course of action. It iswas your right to see the accounts and those that have prevented you seeing them should be ashamed of themselves. When i joined the executive council i joined to help move our industry forward but the more i see the more i question whether i want to be part of it. I will therefore be seriously considering my position on the executive council.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Solo Cleaning

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2005, 10:36:52 pm »
Hi Phillip

Well when I asked how things wre going with viewing the accounts I did not expect this.

All the best for tomorrow and if down the line a new "Fed" is established keep Northern Ireland in mind. Though I have seen members of the Federation over here I do not htink they do more than provied a sticker for your vehicule

Lee

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2005, 10:53:53 pm »
I am going to ask a very basic question here.

Why would the Federation revoke Philip's membership?  What are they worried about?  He 'only' wanted to 'see' the members list and accounts.

Let's just assume that Philip did actually want to start a rival association; with the knowledge he gained from the Federations books; how would that help?  He'd still have to sell it to the rank and file window cleaners; to get them to join.  Not an easy task I think.

I know there's a lot of politics in the air with Ionics, BWCA, PWC; and obviously they see Philip as a threat; but surely there must be more to it than meets the eye.

As an 'outsider' to all this, it really does look like the Federation has something to hide and that there's some 'self-serving' interests being protected by certain individuals within the executive council of the Federation.

Another thing that disgusts me is that 'Beryl' signed the letter sent to Philip.  Shouldn't that have been done by the Chairman of the executive council; or didn't he (who-ever 'he' is) have the gonads to put his name to the letter?  Such letters should NEVER be signed on 'behalf' of someone, or on 'behalf' of an organisation.  It just smacks of weakness.

Anyway, can anyone explain it in lay-mans terms, in such a fashion that a Geordie would understand; what is actually going on?

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2005, 11:09:00 pm »
Well Tosh,
excuse the insult, but you always seem like a windowcleaner, like me.
Seems like Philip Handsome is appearing to the Fed like he has a hidden agenda.
He probably hasn't, but the FED looks like it is stuck in the moment. or has not audited it's accounts on time, or something else.  By law it reserves the right to withhold it's records, if valid reasons can be presented to higher powers.

So it may be genuine reasons,,feeling.." why should we reveal things on demand, unnecessarily?" "Why should we play into their hands, we have nothing to hide"

Or,  they will reveal all in their own good time.

Tomorrow's meet sounds as if it might push a bit forward.  

Pj

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2005, 11:20:55 pm »
good points pj

matt

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2005, 11:24:56 pm »
some people have a good idea whats gone on, BUT they are now protecting themselves rather quickly

shocking

Philip Hanson

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2005, 09:18:41 am »
or has not audited it's accounts on time, or something else.  By law it reserves the right to withhold it's records, if valid reasons can be presented to higher powers.

The feds annual accounts are audited every year and that is up-to-date, so no problem there.

It does not, however, have a legal right to withold its records.  Its own rules state that these are available to inspection "at all reasonable times" by any member or any person having an interest.

No matter what reasons it gives, they must comply with that rule.  I was a member, and they got around it by simply revoking my membership.
"why should we reveal things on demand, unnecessarily?"

If a member wants to see them, its not a matter a choice, it is a member's right as stated in rule 24.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Steve Lowe

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2005, 05:13:17 pm »
some people have a good idea whats gone on, BUT they are now protecting themselves rather quickly

shocking

Hi Matt
           My concience is clear mate and Philip knows where i stand on it ::) You asked why council members were not replying and i have made it clear what i think about the whole issue but there are some that want to get involved with our industry and try and move it forward and there are others that are full of hot air and unfortunately you prove to be in the last category.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2005, 05:34:48 pm »
I have been around over 10 years publicly,its funny how people read you,I just do my part which was PR,I enjoy doing that,if its a mascot they call me then so be it ;D
I do tell it how it is,black and white no grey,because if you do not tell the truth,the truth is out there,and yes I have the x factor ;D ;) ::) :o

and no I am not drunk,and still fink this is a great forum,and cp to! ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

matt

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2005, 05:48:38 pm »

shocking

Hi Matt
           My concience is clear mate and Philip knows where i stand on it ::) You asked why council members were not replying and i have made it clear what i think about the whole issue but there are some that want to get involved with our industry and try and move it forward and there are others that are full of hot air and unfortunately you prove to be in the last category.

Steve

did i mention you steve ?? ? ? ??  in any of my statements, you quoted me, i still stand by the statement, SOME KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON, and they are worried, if you dont know whats happening, you should, as you are on the council

Steve, you say you are trying to move OUR industry forward, well done, BUT the FED seems to only be going backwards, the whole WFP on newsnight just goes to show what the FED are about, they have no intention on moving with the times

Full of HOT AIR, i have opinions, just like others, i stand by them, i would have loved to have been at the Meeting today and said my bit, and stood next to philip and ionics and started a new FED, BUT my family comes first, i had hoped that my daughter would go to my sister in laws, it didnt happen, it was a shame, as i would have liked to have been at the beginning of something NEW

Oh and while we are at it, i made the post about council members not posting and letting people know why this happened TWO HOURS BEFORE YOU POSTED (well 1 HOUR 58 MINS to be EXACT)

and i still stand by the post, why hadnt a COUNCIL member made a statement ?? ? ??? ?

i understand you aint that keen on me, but lets keep things real eh !!!! plenty of others made posts

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2005, 06:00:18 pm »
Steve / Terry

Did either of you make it to the meeting?

Or is it still going on?

Regards

Mike