Klean07

dump or keep?
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:50:11 pm »
I've got a custie that I did yesterday for first time this year due to fact that he's been having a lot of building work done including extra bedroom etc. Price is normally £40 in and out. Well it took me and my lad a lot longer than normal to do job so was intending on charging him £20 extra. He even asked me to get ladder off van and get cement off one of windows which I did.
Anyway he popped his head through window and said heres your £40, thats all I've got. At that I asked him for extra £20 which he replied "there was someone round here last week canvassing for wc work!!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Dave Anderson

Re: dump or keep?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 05:56:01 pm »
In all fairness to the chap he has only done what he always did...hindsight is a wonderful thing...should have agreed the price before starting.

Still does'nt make it taste any better....

For reasons such as this I have now sending all my customers our revised t&c's which amongst other things explains that if they have building work, DIY work which causes excessive or additional soiling to the windows...I will charge them the addtional time it take me to clean them....

Just have done this far too many times and hey if I have to do more work I think I should get more money for it...just business.

Cheers
Dave
The more I know the less I know I know ...

clearlyclean

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:03:24 pm »
You done the hard work now and he didnt go with the other WC but they may not be another WC canvassing I would ask other customers if anyone been round canvassing He may be lying then dump him

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 06:05:11 pm »
dave i reckon you were a solicitor in another life ;D ;D ;D

Newannaive

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 08:25:29 pm »
just dump

geefree

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 08:33:24 pm »
I turned up at one house after building work for three months.....this week,

cement all over the windows and much much more,

I had a bit of a go at it , until i realised it was going to take me an hour, for £8,

So i packed up and went,... the lady was at work.... in the evening i rung her and told her  the problem,

I said it will be £25 or could you get the builders to clean it off,... she was fine and polite,.... and decided to get her builders... who were working inside...

to clean the cement off.....

And Thats fine.  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 08:37:04 pm »
£20 to get a bit of cement off one window?
Yes he should of offered something, but come on!  Did you have a pair of tights stretched over your head?;D

Newannaive

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »
I turned up at one house after building work for three months.....this week,

cement all over the windows and much much more,

I had a bit of a go at it , until i realised it was going to take me an hour, for £8,

So i packed up and went,... the lady was at work.... in the evening i rung her and told her  the problem,

I said it will be £25 or could you get the builders to clean it off,... she was fine and polite,.... and decided to get her builders... who were working inside...

to clean the cement off.....

And Thats fine.  ;)

yea i bet they get it off...not  ::)

geefree

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »
Then she will ask me at my price. ;)

win win situation.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 09:08:37 pm »
£20 to get a bit of cement off one window?
Yes he should of offered something, but come on!  Did you have a pair of tights stretched over your head?;D

Why don't you read the whole post, Rog?
It's a game of three halves!

mikecam

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »
dump or keep?
i'd always recommend keeping customers. Maybe you should learn to price correctly. Dumping customers is for amateurs who can't work things out.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 10:04:04 pm »
dump or keep?
i'd always recommend keeping customers. Maybe you should learn to price correctly. Dumping customers is for amateurs who can't work things out.

::)

chopsie

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 10:13:18 pm »
I would say you may as well keep seeing as you have now done the donkey work,
chopsie

mikecam

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:33 pm »
dump or keep?

::)

Whats with the roll eyes ? Dip ya toe in and say what ya think!!!

geefree

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 10:22:18 pm »
I dumped a few who have messed me about, ...always replaced with better payers,

trimming down your dead wood , and gaining better payers makes for a better business,.. and a healthier round.

Thats being professional in my opinion  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26:40 pm »
>mikecam

Gazzasp8's post is the more eloquent and less offensive version of my "rolls eyes".

Llaaww

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 10:39:33 pm »
I think I would be inclined to let them go. Probably leave them until they call and only agree to go back at a new and improved price. In the event that they do come back, I would badger them for extras until I got my pound of flesh.

;)
if it is dirty it is fair game

mikecam

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 10:53:25 pm »
>mikecam

Gazzasp8's post is the more eloquent and less offensive version of my "rolls eyes".
Yeah i liked it too. He never dumped them, he decided to get the builders to clean off their junk. The OP's post concerns getting the price wrong by some 30% and then asking if he should dump them. I'm wierd like that, i never dump anyone who wants their windows cleaning and wants to pay. Mind you, if i was consistently getting my pricing wrong by 33%, maybe i'd advocate dumping them too. Personally i'd ask for more before i commenced. Its enough to make you roll your eyes though. OUt of interest though, if you got your pricing so badly wrong, what would you do?.......
A) do the job and them dump them.
B) re price it correctly before commencing.
C) accept you got the price wrong and just do what you agreed.

Or maybe i got it all wrong and you'd just dump them cos you got it wrong and get some more new higher paying customers?
 Its all very complicated isn't it, and i'm looking to you lads for tips on how to move foreward in my buisness. So, what gives?   Kidda ?!!!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 11:07:17 pm »
mike i like yr style m8
straight at it m8
hey mike do u av a number for the ibcs in dock rd
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

mikecam

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 11:24:04 pm »
mike i like yr style m8
straight at it m8
hey mike do u av a number for the ibcs in dock rd

No sorry mate. Not sure if Ian went and got one, i got one Monday gone. If you want me to get you one i can get it, but it would have to stay in the back of my van so it would have to be a Friday and get it to you over the weekend?