kate1

Re: Traffic from websites
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 09:44:00 am »
Im afraid Im guilty of that, dont even take it out of its wrapper.  Things will have its day soon.  When Ive been selling space the biggest objection I get is "Im spending money on improving and optimising my site"

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 09:53:31 am »
i am getting more phone calls of people offering search engine positioning than to advertise in paper/books  i agree with kate  think yellow pages is dead,  i also think yell.com is dying as most people look for a website rather than a listing in a directory

kate1

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 09:56:17 am »
Yes I can understand that Blue, lots of ads about for salespeople to sell these services

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26:19 am »
kate i think youll find that they are THINKING about phasing out cheques in 2018!8 YEARS AWAY!! ;) ;D ;D

you can set up online banking without a website anyway just give custy your bank details if they want to pay that way!!

obviously the custies that currently pay by cheque will have to pay by online banking or cash but spending money on a website and  optimisation is not necessary.

all my services are on my business cards/leaflets and WINDOWS CLEANED TODAY cards.most add on work is repeat work 12 months/24 months.

do not underestimate word of mouth and recommendation and talking to customers.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

kate1

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 11:32:08 am »
My apologies, maybe it is 2018, cant think where I got that from.

Each to their own Dazmond.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 12:12:23 pm »
I get two or three jobs a week from the website.

I do find it hard to understand the view that references alone will do the job.  Why not get all those new jobs from references AND the ones from a website?  It's not either/or, is it?  You can do both.

Depending on your rates and how much you pay for a site, you could easily pay it back in a month or two of leads.  That will be in addition to all your other ways of getting business.

Vin

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 03:35:50 pm »
Why do people complicate there lives so much in the window cleaning world???
Websites to check, online payments to keep track of. should i be using hot water, wfp, mondeo estate, old fiesta van, van system, trolley, doing the odd driveway clean, working in the rain or not, leaflets or knocking? THE LIST GOES ON and really does get a real pain. Everyone has there own way of doing things.
Why do people say thing like'YOUR WRONG ON THIS ONE'
Who can judge who is wrong or right?
Why doesnt eveyone tell us how they do things and there results, then anyone looking for advice on here can make there own minds up.
Heres mine....
I have started and ran many businesses and my experience has taught me one thing in any business is control your overheads.
I started window cleaning again because of this one fact!!!! If you keep your window cleaning business simple you will maximise your PROFIT..
Do a top class job for the right price and you will keep your customers. In keeping your customers happy you should not need to keep replacing them.So once you have the amount of customers you need for a comfortable living it will be end of story, UNLESS you want to build a huge business with more staff, more vans etc and then your back to why I personally wanted to start window cleaning again. For none of this. So i have my customers and am very happy. When the weather is good i can work 3 days a week if i like and spend the rest of my time with the kids.
I collect on a friday t time. If they are not in they run over to the next 4 weekly clean. I offer 4 weekly only!! End of story. KISS. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!
Never knocked  just used LEAFLETS delivered by myself!!!!!!!! Dog bite to prove it! :-[
Turning down work from referrals. Or passing the odd one on to (SUDS, I know only the odd one mate)
Happy days :)
Lost JUST 1 customer since starting. (genuine house repo)
start a 8.30 finish at 5.
Never work weekends.
When i owned a shop and worked 6am till 10pm 7 days a week i vowed never to work weekends again. so i dont.
4 customers pay by cheque when they dont have the cash.
NO council estate work. (nothing against it tho)
NEVER work in the rain.
WFP all customers.
99% domestic
Clean all frames doors and garage doors as standard.
no calling the night before.
Van mount system
Sign wrote van
hybrid xtel and brodex
superlites brodex and vikan brushes.

And all this since January this year! :)
If you work hard you cant fail!
Never give up (W churchill)

I LOVE WINDOW CLEANING. ITS THE BEST BUSINESS OUT> BAR NONE
STRESS,WHAT STRESS, Complicated? NOT A CHANCE. HOURS TO SUIT. ITS GREAT
 ;D ;D ;D

andyM

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 03:53:47 pm »
Ok.
But what are your thoughts on Traffic from websites mate?  ???

;D     
One of the Plebs

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 04:03:29 pm »
I want a website to help me keep at it and not jack it in.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 04:22:55 pm »
have you read my previous post on my web traffic view?