Paul-pp

Traffic from websites
« on: October 15, 2010, 05:42:51 pm »
Hi - a mate has offered to build me a website for a reasonable price? £135 inc domain for the year - maybe with the option to accept payments from custys - is it worth having? do you get many new custys from the site?
I have viewed several that are very good & at present i am looking to increase my custy base - is this a good advertising tool?

Nathanael Jones

Re: Traffic from websites
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 05:49:41 pm »
Most of my new work comes from my websites,.. defo worth the money IMO.

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 06:05:57 pm »
Nat can you mail me with your rates please ?    wpclean@yahoo.com

Thanks

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:10:12 pm »
Nat can you mail me with your rates please ?    wpclean@yahoo.com

Thanks

Sorry,.. I'm all booked up at present! I'll be doing a few websites in the quiet spell after Xmas,.. but up till then unless the weather is very bad I'm swamped already.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 06:35:23 pm »
form an orderly queue,.... :D

Seriously,.. I would love to help, but between window cleaning & helping my wife get her new business off the ground I don't have a spare minute at the moment. The Guild keeps me very busy in November/December too with all the pre-registrations etc, so it will be Jan before I have time unfortunately.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »
web sites are worth it best money i spent,  get some that pay with paypal  get work from it as well

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 09:24:47 pm »
i find ALL of my work comes from referals, now. no overheads running websites, worrying about traffic, how high up the listings you are etc etc. conscentrate on cleaning window properly and you will attract so many customers you will not have time for anything else  ;)   

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 10:41:52 pm »
form an orderly queue,.... :D

Seriously,.. I would love to help, but between window cleaning & helping my wife get her new business off the ground I don't have a spare minute at the moment. The Guild keeps me very busy in November/December too with all the pre-registrations etc, so it will be Jan before I have time unfortunately.
january u can do mine nat as we av already
sorted it lad jus remind me wiv my guild renewal m8 ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

gewindows

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:38 pm »

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 05:09:31 am »
Hi - a mate has offered to build me a website for a reasonable price? £135 inc domain for the year - maybe with the option to accept payments from custys - is it worth having? do you get many new custys from the site?
I have viewed several that are very good & at present i am looking to increase my custy base - is this a good advertising tool?
it is a good tool only if designed to work correctly, a web site is far more than just what you look at, you need SEO (search engine optimisation)within the design.  if this is done and look nice then the price is cheap. Can be a great tool, I get loads of work from website.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

bobby p

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 07:47:48 am »
i find ALL of my work comes from referals, now. no overheads running websites, worrying about traffic, how high up the listings you are etc etc. conscentrate on cleaning window properly and you will attract so many customers you will not have time for anything else  ;)   
i agree with that.  if you are a grass-roots type of cleaner, you get easy referrals on the street,no real need for a website (in my opinion) .
  however,if you are the type with a hi-priced service, work is not going to fall in your lap  so easily and  Thats when a website might be a good idea,to hook a juicy fish,  not just a cod

kate1

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 07:56:27 am »
To be honest, although you say referrals etc.  But without having a site it would be hard to judge what extra business you would get from it.  Times we are in the internet is the way to go.  I worked in publishing for years, and although Im sure newspapers maybe round for a while, print is going online.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 08:40:20 am »
i personally dont think i website would make much difference to my business.

i can see if your a mainly commercial window cleaning company that it would look like your  more professional with a website but for a sole trader( mainly domestic window cleaner) i dont see the point really esp if your well established!

i dont think online is the way forward at all not for window cleaning anyway!we need more face to face contact with customers not less IMO!

cash on the day/collecting/sae/online banking can be done without a website!

if you ve got good business cards/leaflets/flyers and are uniformed/signed van/good wfp/trad equipment and conduct yourself with integrity/honesty and do a good reliable job at a fair price then thats all you need! ;D ;D

christ!there are guys out there that are still driving old battered cars using old scrim,10 ladders on the roof rack who are making a lot of money!(a lot more than me !).who dont care about uniforms/sign written vans/wfp etc who would laugh if they ever came on here!some of these have been going over 20 years with 900+ customers!

the custies care even less!in fact i would say as long as theyve got clean windows on a regular basis and the window cleaner is not a rip off merchant they will stay with them for years and years!

in fact if you look too pro you will put potential custies off!!IMO!

maybe its different here up north but for the majority of customers( esp middle age)customers which make up a fair size of my round there just not interested in websites/online payment for window cleaning!

i think there is actually a rebellion AGAINST the internet with the recent people who been caught hacking into peoples passwords etc for online banking etc.they simply dont trust it!

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Steve CM

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 08:45:18 am »
no websites don't work, i spent nearly 1g on my site re-design and i'm now spending a further lump a month ongoing on my SEO.

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 09:02:51 am »
i personally dont think i website would make much difference to my business.

i can see if your a mainly commercial window cleaning company that it would look like your  more professional with a website but for a sole trader( mainly domestic window cleaner) i dont see the point really esp if your well established!

i dont think online is the way forward at all not for window cleaning anyway!we need more face to face contact with customers not less IMO!

cash on the day/collecting/sae/online banking can be done without a website!

if you ve got good business cards/leaflets/flyers and are uniformed/signed van/good wfp/trad equipment and conduct yourself with integrity/honesty and do a good reliable job at a fair price then thats all you need! ;D ;D

christ!there are guys out there that are still driving old battered cars using old scrim,10 ladders on the roof rack who are making a lot of money!(a lot more than me !).who dont care about uniforms/sign written vans/wfp etc who would laugh if they ever came on here!some of these have been going over 20 years with 900+ customers!

the custies care even less!in fact i would say as long as theyve got clean windows on a regular basis and the window cleaner is not a rip off merchant they will stay with them for years and years!

in fact if you look too pro you will put potential custies off!!IMO!

maybe its different here up north but for the majority of customers( esp middle age)customers which make up a fair size of my round there just not interested in websites/online payment for window cleaning!

i think there is actually a rebellion AGAINST the internet with the recent people who been caught hacking into peoples passwords etc for online banking etc.they simply dont trust it!

dazmond
At first reading that I thought you was having a laugh, but I think your serious, Daz, what you think is wrong ..way wrong..

I get loads of domestic work from online, I am guessing a year ago maybe 2 you slated wfp but now you do it (hope you get the point im trying to make). A website will bring you in more work not having one will give your compitition an open door to take them.

People that dont use online banking are making there life harder as this will be the future and the banks are every changing ways to make it safer, imbrace it or your business will lose out long term.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 09:15:40 am »
i honestly believe more and more people will turn their back on the internet banking etc as its just not very safe and /or they dont trust it.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

kate1

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 09:18:57 am »
I cant see that happening, with the government trying to roll out broadband etc for people.  More and more shop online.  With cheques also going out in I believe 2012....  Of course you will still have people wanting to do things as they always have, but technology will always progress.  You might be pleasantly surprised having a website, and seeing if it does increase your business, maybe you could do some research with your customers, and see what their response would be if you offered online payment service, think that would be a good way of finding out.  You can pay most bills online now.  You never know, they may be pleased to have that available

Steve CM

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 09:33:28 am »
the internet is the future.

Forget leaflets, magazines, or any other print. The only media to deal with in time will be ther internet.

Its getting more accesible not going backwards,

I can get it on my phone, on my computer, on my skybox etc.

The net will be the only way people search for things in time. its the next generation. Its all kids know nowadays

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 09:42:32 am »
look at yellow pages how thin it has gone,  most people google when they want something,  i know i do, i just throw the yellow pages in the bin,