james44

PURE WATER SELLING
« on: August 10, 2010, 12:18:32 am »
Just came across what could be a potential earner for pure water for us window cleaners!

Well took my daughter to get her belly button piercing today and got talking to the women that was doing it and noticed she had 5ltr water containers,

Asked her what it was and what she used it for, well it was pure water and they use it for sterilising the equipment that they use, said the tattoo shop down the road uses the same stuff to Sterilize their needles.

Told her i could supply all the water she needed, give me a price she said told her i would get back to her,

Thing is how much would you charge , would you need a licence to sell it,
proper premises to bottle it

Thing is this could be sold to hospitals, dentists, vets as well

Now all we have to do is find out about the market!
how competitive it is,

Anybody interested in finding out more about this

Window Washers

Re: PURE WATER SELLING
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 12:21:19 am »
Do you really think this has not been looked into ??  ::) James was it you said about dial a clean as a new thing, that we have been doing years ??

No disrespect at all, but please...
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

james44

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:24:55 am »
Yes your right window washers but nobody was promoting it were they!  i think if you are producing it you might as well use it to your benefit no?

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:27:53 am »
uk commercial are already doing this and franchising it around the uk. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes your right window washers but nobody was promoting it were they!  i think if you are producing it you might as well use it to your benefit no?

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 12:30:51 am »
yes, knock yourself out searching it up. you could win, have to say dont try and reinvent the wheel m8, I hate knocking people down but being realistic in any market is a starting block, do you really think a hospital will get pure water from you to sterilise things ?... look at head lines (window cleaners supplier killer water to nhs) what you produce is no where near serile in the slightest..

Think CLee is on the hops  :P
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

james44

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 12:35:44 am »
what you produce is no where near serile in the slightest..

Window washers i had a look at the 5ltr container and all it says is pure water, i mean how pure can water get than what we produce!

I`ll tell you what when i get the chance this week i will go back to test her water with my tds meter and get back with the result!

gavin pedley

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 12:38:24 am »
Pure water is no where near sterile enough to kill blood born pathogens etc that woman should not be using it and most likely would be shut down if health and safety knew. My wife did some training with a tattooist a while ago and this was covered.  :)

james44

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 12:40:57 am »
So gavin what sort of pure water should she be using?

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 12:43:17 am »
what you produce is no where near serile in the slightest..

Window washers i had a look at the 5ltr container and all it says is pure water, i mean how pure can water get than what we produce!

I`ll tell you what when i get the chance this week i will go back to test her water with my tds meter and get back with the result!
it is not just the tds that costs m8, there are loads of other test to do, I do not know what they are, but they are there I am not the nieve to think I can sell my water like this (sorry)

you feed a tank that sits ideal, you use a filter that ios old, you use an ro (I am not sure which) they hold nasties each of them, your water is not as clean as you think 000 is not serile it iss o parts per million and that is if (IF) your tds meter to true (most are not)

Look for next one nipper  ;)

gavin pedley

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:51:38 am »
They should be using an autoclave just like tattooist,hospitals etc use search autoclave and it will tell you what it is used for also using needles is a big risk and sterelising has to be done well. Blood born pathogens are not killed by water pure or not nether are they killed in boiling water.

I only know this because of my wife and I was actually quite shocked at how much a seriousness business it is to make sure equipment is sterial (not just clean) not trying to kill the dream of an extra Buck but would hate for you to get mixed up in in a dispute with unsterile equipment and you being the supplier of water  :)

james44

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:53:53 am »
Yep no problem gavin found this think i`ll give it a miss ;D

Our  Water is prepared using Reverse-Osmosis (R.O.), Deionization, UV Sterilisation and 0.2 Micron Filtration. Therefore complying with B.P. E.P. and HTM2030 requirements as specified by the PCT. Our water is tested regularly by an independent company and a copy of our certificate can be obtained on your request

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 01:03:06 am »
Yep no problem gavin found this think i`ll give it a miss ;D

Our  Water is prepared using Reverse-Osmosis (R.O.), Deionization, UV Sterilisation and 0.2 Micron Filtration. Therefore complying with B.P. E.P. and HTM2030 requirements as specified by the PCT. Our water is tested regularly by an independent company and a copy of our certificate can be obtained on your request
James I cant wait for the next idea, keep them coming, one could be the one that makes you ;)

gavin pedley

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 01:15:37 am »
Hmm not sure about that, surely all that prooves is that the water is pure. Just make sure you know for sure that are doing things correctly. A tattooist in our area was not steralising his equipment properly and one easy got found out he fled the country so can imagen the consiquenses are pretty bad! The police put a not on the shop door all who have had a tottoo done here please get a blood test from your go as soon as possible or something along those lines I had a tattoo there years ago luckily my blood test was fine.

gavin pedley

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 01:18:49 am »
Sorry about bad English. On my phone and stupid predictive text

Ian_Giles

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 06:08:31 am »
James, I'm deleting your last reply, nothing wrong with it in the slightest (it's actually a good idea) but it will change the thread from a debate about selling purified water to one about leafleting.

The selling of purified water isn't a bad idea, but it is being done all the time anyway from all good aquatic centres, our local one sells it for something like £2.50 for 25L...although I'm sure it is also UV treated too....my knowledge of looking after tropical fish is vague at best...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

james44

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 06:24:21 am »
Yep understand ian!

As for the pure water selling to much involved it was only a thought!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 06:38:12 am »
Don't get put off from floating an idea on the forum! Windowwashers replies made me wince as I read them; nothing wrong with the points he was making, but his tone was rude and somewhat condescending.

Ian

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 07:15:47 am »
Don't get put off from floating an idea on the forum! Windowwashers replies made me wince as I read them; nothing wrong with the points he was making, but his tone was rude and somewhat condescending.

Ian
Was not meant to do that at all Ian ( well not meant to make anyne wince just make James listen a little), I am all for new ideas, I just wanted to make a point that not everything is new (if you know what I mean)

I think James will know me by now and I like to read his posts, nothing wrong wih trying and James's enthusiasm  is fantastic like a breath of fresh air compared to many of the dull posts on here of people moaning and not doing!..

I totally agree with not being put off of trying new things and posting, I am not one of the bullies that lerk within this forum!!, nor am or trying to be condesending to James (if it came across this way James I am sorry, was not meant to I do not have a degree in english I just say whats in my mind)), I am just a straight to the point type of guy.

Ian

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 07:27:46 am »
i am off to see the dragons about this one...surely theo will bite my hand off....then he will put my newly biten off hand into a bucket of pure water to test its medical qualities.......i dont expect to be interviewed at the bottom of the stairs by a guy who is looking at the wall and the ceiling at the same time as i will be in the back of an ambulance by that time. 8)

Sam Davies

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 07:38:55 am »
It might be distilled what which is pure and sterile as its just steam condensed.
Sam

cleewindows

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 08:20:44 am »
james thought you would be too busy with dial a clean or have uk commercial doing the same!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 09:32:15 am »
Hmm not sure about that, surely all that prooves is that the water is pure. Just make sure you know for sure that are doing things correctly. A tattooist in our area was not steralising his equipment properly and one easy got found out he fled the country so can imagen the consiquenses are pretty bad! The police put a not on the shop door all who have had a tottoo done here please get a blood test from your go as soon as possible or something along those lines I had a tattoo there years ago luckily my blood test was fine.

I'm astonished that any tattooist is still failing to use autoclaving.  The risks of getting varieties of hepatitis or HIV are very real still.  Just because they don't make the news in the way they used to does not mean they have gone away.  You don't even need to be abe to see the blood for it to happen.
Selling pure water isn't something I would get into currently as it would be necessary to tie myself up to being at my work base to meet someone.  This would usually mean me losing more in income than what I would make from selling it.  I suppose if I bottled and branded it though it could make a bit of money eventually.
"Peckham Purified" springs to mind  :)

james44

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48:11 pm »
Was not meant to do that at all Ian ( well not meant to make anyne wince just make James listen a little), I am all for new ideas, I just wanted to make a point that not everything is new (if you know what I mean)

I think James will know me by now and I like to read his posts, nothing wrong wih trying and James's enthusiasm  is fantastic like a breath of fresh air compared to many of the dull posts on here of people moaning and not doing!..

I totally agree with not being put off of trying new things and posting, I am not one of the bullies that lerk within this forum!!, nor am or trying to be condesending to James (if it came across this way James I am sorry, was not meant to I do not have a degree in english I just say whats in my mind)), I am just a straight to the point type of guy.

Ian

No offence was taken, yes i do know you by now ;D

p.s Did you catch the leaflet post window washers!

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 03:16:40 pm »
James, you can of course sell your water for housewives irons and battery top up.

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »

Ian

No offence was taken, yes i do know you by now ;D

p.s Did you catch the leaflet post window washers!
No James I didnt  ???

james44

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 04:10:25 pm »
James, you can of course sell your water for housewives irons and battery top up.

Could maybe do that in a hard water area! but i live in a soft wter area so would find it harder to sell, plus if customers are like me and just use tap water for filling up an iron ;D

james44

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 04:11:30 pm »
No James I didnt 

ok will do a post in a bit!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 05:56:00 pm »
James, good on ya for starting a fresh thread on the leaflet idea, my kind of thinking that....er, except I didn't think of it  :-\

And Ian, your response to my comment was appreciated, I know how hard it often is with the written word to convey the tone you actually mean it to read in.

Ian

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 06:00:10 pm »
James, good on ya for starting a fresh thread on the leaflet idea, my kind of thinking that....er, except I didn't think of it  :-\

And Ian, your response to my comment was appreciated, I know how hard it often is with the written word to convey the tone you actually mean it to read in.

Ian

Your welcome,
And James, great idea on that flyer, you could have let me know before I had 10,000 delivered today  ::) lol

james44

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 06:42:04 pm »
you could have let me know before I had 10,000 delivered today  Roll Eyes lol
;D

Tell you what ian i have had a far better responce to that one as to any other leaflet that i have put out.