woody1

canvassing problems
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:24:33 am »
Been out knocking and keep being told already had a guy knock last week but then pick one up down road

do i move to a different part off town or just keep going also what is better leaflet drops or knocking
 :)

woody1

Re: canvassing problems
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:22:00 am »
any one

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:20:26 pm »
ask the hitman bruv  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

woody1

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 12:58:57 pm »
still waiting for him to tell me if he would come down to bournemouth area

Hitman where are you mate     ???

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:03:03 pm »
friday think hes having is injections today m8 il txt him
tell him to reply think he will go to bournemouth though

woody1

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 01:08:28 pm »
gav do you know what he charges and the min he will do email me if you dont want to put on the forum

woodswindowcleaning@hotmail.co.uk

cheers mate

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 01:18:02 pm »
you av mail bud  ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 01:28:07 pm »
woody save yorself a fortune an find your own canvasser from gumtree or even advertise in paper for 1 otherwise you will be paying a stranger x2 for any old crap work when you could pay x3 for an established round.

woody1

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 04:29:07 pm »
Just get a boring constant no's all the time drives me round the bend i agree with you on door nocking gets more than just leafleting just put an ad on gum tree for a canvasser 3rd time now had no calls before

cozy

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 04:53:50 pm »
Just something to think about.A guy leafleted one of the ares we are well established in recently. Was offering to weed the path too, inclusive in the price!! ::) Anyway, didn't lose any custies but he must have given up after about 50 houses.  Remember, people are moving in and out of houses all the time. Some have a windy, some don't. I'd keep going if it were me but I'm not really bothered by rejection.

I know it can be hard, been there and done that too, however Woody, the harder you work, the luckier you get. The difference between blokes that work at it even when it's hard going and the guys that give up, is the size of their business!

Which guy do you want to be?

roundbuilder

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 04:58:31 pm »
true words there cozy

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 06:33:31 pm »
When you went canvassing and the client said they already had a guy did you not give them a business card just in case he doesnt turn up for any reason??

So if he doesnt turn up they can't get in touch with you matey!!
I would clean that one on a saturday morning as most ppl will see you and some will see how you clean the windows with your method (wfp or Trad) some might ask you if they like what they see and also return within four weeks or so as they will see you are regular and not a flyby night..

Myself have took on another six customers this week and last week i took on seven customers as they saw me in the street on both occassions some see me doing trad and the others wfp..I use both methods to be versitile on what the customer would like and it works well for me.

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 06:44:21 pm »
Oh and another way of canvassing is go to your local car parks and put flyers or business cards on all vehicles and that will give you a bigger scope for customers.

davids3511

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 07:50:11 pm »
Oh and another way of canvassing is go to your local car parks and put flyers or business cards on all vehicles and that will give you a bigger scope for customers.
And a big bill from your local council for cleaning them up when the drivers drop then on the ground.

awcs

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 08:45:48 pm »
Best advice I can give is when you get a job from canvasing book them in for saturday am. Take your time and a few of the neighbours will ask for a quote. Worked for me

paul rulton

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »
woody save yorself a fortune an find your own canvasser from gumtree or even advertise in paper for 1 otherwise you will be paying a stranger x2 for any old crap work when you could pay x3 for an established round.
or up 2 x6 m8 as ur lookin 4  :o :o :o :o :o

jonnyald

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 02:59:10 pm »
Just something to think about.A guy leafleted one of the ares we are well established in recently. Was offering to weed the path too, inclusive in the price!! ::)
a new customer of mine asked me to mow her lawn,its tiny so iv said i will have a go  / she was payin a bloke 30 quid a fortnite ,its about 10feetX 10 feet ,  shes said i could have it for 20 quid , just hope im not gonna get lynched by the grasscutter !!

paul rulton

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 03:08:28 pm »
Just something to think about.A guy leafleted one of the ares we are well established in recently. Was offering to weed the path too, inclusive in the price!! ::)
a new customer of mine asked me to mow her lawn,its tiny so iv said i will have a go  / she was payin a bloke 30 quid a fortnite ,its about 10feetX 10 feet ,  shes said i could have it for 20 quid , just hope im not gonna get lynched by the grasscutter !!
dont worry about it m8  ;) as long as ur not under cutting fellow windys  ;D ;D ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 06:21:39 pm »
or up 2 x6 m8 as ur lookin 4  :o :o :o :o :o

yes ill pay x 6 in that area without a shadow of a doubt. I wouldnt pay that in many other areas. I tried running canvassing teams but far too much grief. Now i just want quality well priced established work local and compact.

paul rulton

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 07:31:56 pm »

yes ill pay x 6 in that area without a shadow of a doubt. I wouldnt pay that in many other areas. I tried running canvassing teams but far too much grief. Now i just want quality well priced established work local and compact.
why do u say 2much grief m8? in wot way? 

Jimmy B

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 08:49:25 pm »
Hey Woody1 fella,
Door-knockin is a bloody pain, but it is far and away the best method of securing business. People respond when they see who they are dealing with, which is why it is also important to look relaxed and friendly. Always make it obvious who you are from the outset (I wear my logo'd shirt and carry a rucksack with amongst other things further proof of ID, insurance details, business cards etc- this also helps if you get shaken down by the local plod for suspected burglary- a well used scumbag ploy is to canvass for window work).
Be confident, as brief as possible, and get those details. Don't get down if you have a load of misses, when you get a hit it makes you feel proud that your own hard work is making your business stronger. It is after all your own business, you'll get out what you put in.
Good luck mate  8) 

roundbuilder

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 09:26:42 pm »

why do u say 2much grief m8? in wot way? 

for me i hated all the driving round the country canvassing areas that were near impossibe to get calls as all shiners want to pay for top work as would you and it is very hard to get enough of it, i had a team of 5 guys come out with me and on the whole i thought  we did do a good honest job but what you then get is all the cancalations, messers, lieing canvassers even lieng window cleaners, its so much of a headache. on paper canvassing sounds the best job in the world but trust me it isnt that easy or an awful lot more people would be doing it.
I was doing it for just under a year on and off. If only i spent that year building up myself with the lads id have 1 top empire round. i now see canvassers as window cleaners who couldnt hack it as thats how i once felt before starting canvassing. Anyway now im back on top of my round aiming to build a beauty for myself and so far so good. Just dont rush into it too fast mate. All it takes is 1 person to badmouth you and your doomed. Also you get loads

roundbuilder

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 09:32:57 pm »
by the way i wasnt making out your a windy who couldnt hack it as i know you have your back issues so maybe for you canvassing is a better option. Just be careful as a lot of time wasters and messers. I got a call once from a guy wanting me to canvass up 500 in southampton only to get down there to find it was a messer. I reckon another canvassing co did it to stitch me up. Anyway like i said good luck with it and be careful with who you employ and even who you work for

paul rulton

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 10:07:15 am »
thanks 4the heads up cleeen  ;) at the mo i cant even get over the 1st herdle  :(
i had 2good m8's who wanted 2do the canvassing with me, ive had a few good companys from the
forum contact me. & when i went n told my m8's we were lookin 2start real soon they both pulled
out  :o both with crap reasons  >:( ( yer good m8's.... NOT! ) so thet left just me  :-\. then i had
another m8 from years ago said he wanted 2do it, but all he would do it 4 is that he got the x2
so i made nothing  ::). yer rite that works... NOT.
so at the mo im on my own & cant find any  :(  im not going 2do this if i dont know & dont trust
the canvassers. after all its my name on the line & im not goin 2p off the people ive made friends
on here, just beause of some waist of time peace of skin  >:( im going 2try & get 2GOOD teams over the next couple of weeks. & if i cant im gonna have 2 4get the whole idea.
really peed off at the mo  >:( people just seem 2let u down & want everything there way  :( :( :(

niceandclean

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 11:06:18 am »
thanks 4the heads up cleeen  ;) at the mo i cant even get over the 1st herdle  :(
i had 2good m8's who wanted 2do the canvassing with me, ive had a few good companys from the
forum contact me. & when i went n told my m8's we were lookin 2start real soon they both pulled
out  :o both with crap reasons  >:( ( yer good m8's.... NOT! ) so thet left just me  :-\. then i had
another m8 from years ago said he wanted 2do it, but all he would do it 4 is that he got the x2
so i made nothing  ::). yer rite that works... NOT.
so at the mo im on my own & cant find any  :(  im not going 2do this if i dont know & dont trust
the canvassers. after all its my name on the line & im not goin 2p off the people ive made friends
on here, just beause of some waist of time peace of skin  >:( im going 2try & get 2GOOD teams over the next couple of weeks. & if i cant im gonna have 2 4get the whole idea.
really peed off at the mo  >:( people just seem 2let u down & want everything there way  :( :( :(

Why don't you just canvass on your own, a one man band canvasser? Be a lot less hassle for you as well.

paul rulton

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 11:22:47 am »
yer i could do that m8, & i have thought about it. but when it comes 2 workin away it could take alot longer 2 put the work 2gether on my own. if its local work it aint so bad cause its a lot less over heads.
plus i have my son 1week on 1week off, 2b honest at the mo im wishing i had never thought about it.
but i will see how it goes over the next 2weeks  :-\.
thanks 4the in put tho niceandclean  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 07:35:54 pm »
hitman im sure after our venture you can
make a successfil business outa canvassing
i was more than happy with the work u got me
never had a problem with it n as grown considerably
my only problem is there aint enough hours in the day ;D ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 07:50:04 pm »
wot u like m8  ::) thought u were the fastest in the west LOL.
any way..... y aint u out on ur scooter run boyze?  ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 08:28:19 pm »
wow you travelled to wrexam to canvass by yourself..thats a long way. I only did a 60 mile radious.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 12:54:33 am »
hitman canvcassered for me as a massive favour
ov which we came to a very favourable
finaclable agreement which as been payed n earnerd times over
if any ones  in doubt over this guys capabilities
plz av no hesitation in contacting me scootergav@hotmail.co.uk
was a pleasure ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)