Tom White

Re: Really cheap foreigners taking over?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »
My Mother arrived in the UK in 1969 as someone who could hardly speak English, and started off working in a sweat shop making clothes.  Despite the Geordie 'waster' she married, she ended up with a top quality job and made a small fortune - by being smart and working a few different jobs (four of them) at the same time in a niche market - and retired early as quite an affluent woman.

It's a class country the UK!  The best country in the World!
 ;D

e newlands

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 04:54:20 pm »
Dash t you aint got a clue I went to germany not through choice but necessity as there was no work here I worked for both dutch and german companies as our shills were required they were advertising in the uk as they never had the skills to handle or do the works with their own labourthese eastern europeands come to the uk with no skills that are in demand all they are doing is adding to what is already a labour pool where currently there is not enough jobs for the workers I filled a labour shortage paid my taxes in germany rented a house of a german drank and shopped in german bars as well as supporting my. Family in the uk
I never once raped the state they they do
20 to a house paid from benefits free medical and health care and we even give them a few quid to go back
You aint got a clue dash t one more thing I never claimed anything whilst I was there and came home as soon as I could I also hated every minute of it ithere were many like me who decided the dole was not for them at that time

e newlands

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 05:13:34 pm »
The way I see it a country should look after its own workers first bring in from other countries if skills are neededand get rid of all the freeloaders its as simple as that

Tom White

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 05:19:22 pm »
get rid of all the freeloaders its as simple as that

I agree, but what about our own home-grown freeloaders?

SteveAllan

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 05:24:04 pm »
The way I see it a country should look after its own workers first bring in from other countries if skills are neededand get rid of all the freeloaders its as simple as that

So true mate

martinsadie

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 06:41:42 pm »
Heard some stories about bulgarian and polish and other eastern european guys doin to window cleaning what they have done to car washing. Anyone seen evidence of this type of movement?
If so should we be worried? Your thoughts please......
where are you mate

Daria Taylor

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 06:46:58 pm »
Dash t you aint got a clue I went to germany not through choice but necessity as there was no work here I worked for both dutch and german companies as our shills were required they were advertising in the uk as they never had the skills to handle or do the works with their own labourthese eastern europeands come to the uk with no skills that are in demand all they are doing is adding to what is already a labour pool where currently there is not enough jobs for the workers I filled a labour shortage paid my taxes in germany rented a house of a german drank and shopped in german bars as well as supporting my. Family in the uk
I never once raped the state they they do
20 to a house paid from benefits free medical and health care and we even give them a few quid to go back
You aint got a clue dash t one more thing I never claimed anything whilst I was there and came home as soon as I could I also hated every minute of it ithere were many like me who decided the dole was not for them at that time

The thing is I'm not going to argue with you because you obviously need educating and I don’t have time to do that. If you really knew how the system works and what those people have to do before they can even claim a penny, then you wouldn’t be saying this.  

Most of people who come over here are 10 times more educated then many people in the UK, they are just not given a chance, because of hypocrites like yourself. Therefore they go out and find jobs they can, to support their families just like you did by going to Germany. I’m sorry but I’m not going to accept that there was only a dole option available to you. Why didn’t you get a cleaner’s job at the time and worked for the minimum wage? No you obviously thought you was better than that and therefore went to Germany so you could provide better living standards for your family. Would you work for minimum wage here and live in poverty or would you leave Britain to earn a better living?

We all like to judge, but when you put in that situation, what would you do?

It’s exactly same for those people who come over here, to earn a living and provide food for their families; it’s unfortunate that they cannot do that in their own country. Do you think they really want to live in the community full of people like you? Those who cannot accept that they help British economy and pay their taxes just like you.

e newlands

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 06:52:51 pm »
Home grown freeloaders thousands of them stop all there benefits work or starve see how many bad backs disappear over night

e newlands

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 06:59:26 pm »
The difference was my skills were needed and as I was on army bases mainly technically I was still in the uk

e newlands

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 07:03:16 pm »
The aussies have it right only let in thoes needed otherwise don't unpack your going back

SteveAllan

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:48 pm »

Would you work for minimum wage here and live in poverty  

Interesting.

Happy for them to be here on minimum wage living in poverty.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 08:16:13 pm »
to E newlands, - you slag off the poles for sending money home, then admit to doing it yourself?

ive only had one problem with an eastern european, who turned up to clean my custs house, was turned away thankfully, but could have been an honest mistake.

my problem isnt with foreigners, its with undercutters, and that has happened only with my fellow country men!

btw i hate bigoted bnp types!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 08:36:38 pm »
why do we need foreigion labour when we have 2million unemployed of are own work force.

and that is living in the 21 century.

stay white n bright window cleaning service

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2010, 08:39:10 pm »
Put it this way,i was a sprayer and my wife was a flock coating operative.Both worked for the same company.me 8 years and my wife 3 years ,i worked even when i was on the sick+holidays and sometime 50+
hours aweek.I was on £12.85 p/h wife on £8.55 p/h.Soon as i had trained the polish up to do the job i was doing ,me and my wife was made redundant as well as 2 other staff .They now work for the min wage and the only english worker there is the van driver.
So i do agree british jobs for british workers first ,,if the vacancy cant be filled then it must be offered to foreign
workers.
I do not blame the foreign workers,but what happned to me is happening most places,they can afford to work for min wage as they can still claim child benifit and tax credits for their children living back home in their country

Daria Taylor

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010, 08:46:22 pm »
why do we need foreigion labour when we have 2million unemployed of are own work force.

and that is living in the 21 century.

Because those 2 million people do not want to work for the minimum wage or just above and fulfil those jobs. It's easier for them to stop at home and do nothing. If all those people was forced to work then no eastern european people would come over here, as they would be non of these jobs for them to fulfil. Common sense!

TLC

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2010, 08:48:30 pm »
Ok, thanks for all the input guys, positive, and what i would call negative.  

I believe that poles, bulgarians, lithuanians etc in general do work very hard and do a good job, thats why they make a success of washing cars.   Any complaints anyone has with them being here should be directed at our government NOT with them.  I think there is a huge lack of hard working brits, because it often doesnt pay to work hard with our benefits system. Stupid governments fault ofcourse. These foreign workers know the value of money and what it means to their families back home who dont have the chance to work hard or earn much. who wouldnt do this for their family if u had 2?

For those of us who do work hard and have businesses to care for,,, i think it is a concern when people are prepared to do the same job, maybe better, for much less money.  If the general attitude of our custies is that they dont want foreigners on their property, and thats the only thing holding them back from getting the job done at half or a 3rd of the price, then its only a matter of time until peoples attitude changes (maybe with the help of the car washers getting people used to them)

Im not actually that worried about losing my customers, i just think things could get very competitive out there in the future.

Tim

e newlands

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2010, 09:49:41 pm »
For the record I'm not a racist or a member of the bnp I support the greens but above all I'm a patriot and believe in looking after my own i have a black worker and I like curry what I don't like is seeing people from this country unemployed due to someone working for half the going rate and people raping this country of its assets