poleman

Re: Finance for Wfp system?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 03:59:55 pm »
Just to point out I have a system from a main dealer and the service that I get is 2nd to non, and have no down time, which in turn I can move my business forward in a big way. BUT IF you are looking to clean on a small scale then Matt is your man ;) as it happens we are best of mates now as we have kissed and made up :D

Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 04:02:54 pm »
diy or manufactured ,you can still get them looking the same after all the mfr s source there parts from the same places i got mine from ,i do agree if you want big work you do have to look more proffesional at least from the exterior what goes on inside the van is a different matter,when i worked in a tea factory the machinery was primative but it still produced market leading tea
as the saying goes "horses for courses"

dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 04:04:40 pm »
after all its not rocket science and most diy minded could repair any fault in next to no time

dave

matt

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 04:04:50 pm »
i wish more people were more honest instead of blinding  you with sience, as long as you can produce 0tds
whats the point in paying treble

Well i paid 6 grand for mine so i guess im stupid as well and didnt see it comming as  ive seen someone else with a home made one and he saved 4 grand and he done 15 grands worth of windows last year and i only done 50 grand he cant get into commercial because like i said he looks diy i dont.....whos the silly one now.

rubbish, you couldnt even tell the difference between a DIY van mount or a "6 grand unit"

afterall its a tank and a pump in the van and a hose reel and hose pipe

so i guess your comercail contracts inspect your van and check out its contents  ::)

here we go again, the elite club who think its only for the people who spend silly money  ::)

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 04:06:23 pm »
Anyone seen Roger, bye the way ;D

matt

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 04:07:27 pm »
after all its not rocket science and most diy minded could repair any fault in next to no time

dave

exactly, and if you are concearned about "down time" buy yourself a spare pump, i know i have, as i cannot afford to be sat at home while some1 sends me a new pump (but then again i am just small time, i havent got big shiney van, oh hang on i have, its a 15 K worth VW splitscreen campervan, are but thats not for work, its for family time, so it wont count)

matt

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 04:08:17 pm »

dave

good point, build your own, learn how it works, you will be able to repair it (even on the roadside)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2005, 04:09:40 pm »
well said

poleman

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2005, 04:15:57 pm »
My Main dealer is there to look after the system they sold me and they do with a first class service, the systems sold are tryed and tested in the feild before they are sold,  I play a big part with window cleaners on the south coast thou selling pure water as my system produces 17'000lts aday and see many DIY systems and big problem the down time.

Where my new mate Matt when you need him :D

Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2005, 04:23:05 pm »
non of the parts i have ordered have took longer than 2 days to arrive unless something snaps or burns out there should realy be no down time .
how long for mfr to come out or send spares ,probably not much different

dave

poleman

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2005, 04:32:24 pm »
I dont wont to be going to diy shops sorsing parts on connections and other parts, I have the 2nd biggest system in the country and hope to have the same in window cleaning, why would wont a diy system it only works on a small scale,
Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2005, 04:35:56 pm »
going back to the original question about financing we have gone off at a tangent ,this is how i financed mine
2 18ltre di bottles off e-bay £69 delivered for 2
resin £80 delivered for 25 ltre
pump latest sureflo 100psi £88 delivered from williamsons
brodex 18` pole £250 could of gone cheaper
100 mtr hose b&q £30
hose reels £5.00 lidl quite a steel as bq& £50 for similar
thats not bad for starters is it ,i will add or change as neccessary
you made need ro as well but i dont my tap water is 70 tds.
tds metre £25 from anywhere

dave

poleman

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2005, 04:38:36 pm »
going back to the original question case closed ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2005, 04:38:54 pm »
cheap tack suits most people and are making money with it ,i nipped into my local diy shop as i was passing it took me about 2 mins not bad hey

dave

poleman

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2005, 04:41:56 pm »
2mins you must live in the store ;D

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2005, 04:49:38 pm »
Not wanting to get pulled into this debate, but I've built my own system put it into a signed van and total cost including Ro, Cost about £1,500, plus I,ve now got the ability to set other vans up for about £500 per van(as I have the ability to produce good volumes of water)
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2005, 04:59:15 pm »

£15,450 * Factory Build

£12,950 * Self Build

The above prices are for the Caterham 7 road racing car - does this mean that the self build is tack ;)

matt

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2005, 05:04:31 pm »

Where my new mate Matt when you need him :D

Andy, you seem to forget, i dont sell the system (not even on ebay, another lie 1 of your lot spread about me, oh yes i read it)

if any1 has a problem with the DIY system, then can post on

http://d.co.uk/phpbb/

that night i am sure 1 of the members will help them out (without looking down the nose at them or calling them cheap and cheerfull and a cowboy)

i know that the following are on most night

Lewis Doubtfire
Grafters
Jeff Brimble
and a few others

i am sure with our collective knowledge we would be able to s.gest a solution, but lets face it, the only real moving part is the pump

thus:

check you lines are not letting in any air
check your lines are not blocked
check your power is ok
then its the pump ( i am sure some expert will correct me)

matt

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2005, 05:06:08 pm »
we are once again at the stage of the discussion when andy will ask fellow "pro system" users to come and join in

watch this space  ::)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 05:10:15 pm »
I do several large businesses including a massive car manufacturer's distribution centre and turn up with a trolley system in my J reg estate. It's all about personal confidence and friendliness of approach IMHO.

I do wear a uniform and carry decent business cards when canvassing and meeting with contract managers tho'.
It's a game of three halves!