Graham_Gould

What's the delay? New
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:46:57 am »
 ;D

Re: What's the delay?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 08:59:02 am »
I mix it up a bit by watching Hi 5 and Noddy then its over to the computer to see what the forum crack was like late last night then back to Teletubbies then out to work :D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 07:11:32 pm »
Ah yes you're right.

I usually have a quick look after watching old comedies on Uk Gold.
But then sometimes I flick over to Milkshake on C5!
Have you seen Naomi? :o :-*

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 07:46:45 pm »
I also have a quick look to see whose been hitting the 'Sangria' in the morning before dropping the Nipper of at school or playscheme (ruddy Summer holidays).

I saw Vince was 'entertaining' you lot late last night/this morning at my expense!  I'm really worried that he's contacted his solicitor about me calling him a Prat!  Honest, he's e-mailed me telling me he has.

Anyway, don't you find when you're faced with a day of cleaning Gorgian windows, or an area you really dislike and morale is low, it's good to come here and get your mind focused on work?

Walter Pole

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 07:50:27 pm »
Tosh, re Vince, you have nothing to worry about, trust me!
taking panes to exceed expectations

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 07:55:27 pm »
Tosh, re Vince, you have nothing to worry about, trust me!

I know, mate; he's all wind and 'wee'.  I said the above tongue in cheek, the same as your post telling me I've nowt to worry about.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 08:51:24 pm »
what's the attraction for so many at a time when most people would be at work?

As I ruddy said, I think it's good to come here first (a window cleaning forum) and 'ease' yourself into work.  When I worked in an office (as a shiny-arse in the army), I often told someone to make me a coffee and then read my e-mail, or something official that was semi-interesting, like the 'Adjutant General's Policy on Homosexuality in the British Armed Forces'!

When I'd warmed up my brain, which took a little time, I got stuck into work.

This site's like the 'warm up' period for me.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 11:35:36 pm »
I agree.
I've done so much better at work since joining in here.

It's like having workmates at last!
Not so boring now. :)

matt

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 09:04:36 am »

I saw Vince was 'entertaining' you lot late last night/this morning at my expense!  I'm really worried that he's contacted his solicitor about me calling him a Prat!  Honest, he's e-mailed me telling me he has.

i would have thought you would have not been worried about Vince "suing" you, hasnt any of those mystery money mn paid the 48 Mill into your bank account yet ?? ? ?? ? ?

'entertaining' i guess i dont help, BUT its too easy  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 02:09:24 pm »
I agree.
I've done so much better at work since joining in here.

It's like having workmates at last!
Not so boring now. :)

I've done a lot better too.  Much of it was due to some help with technique from Steve R (UBA1).  A lot of it is also due to adopting a more positive attitude.  I was starting to get a bit down a few months ago as a large chunk of my round "disappeared" last year when I was ill.  These days, I'm glad it happened.  I lost a load of cheapskate work and the new work I've priced properly.  A lot of the customers who dropped me are now without a W/C because he let them down after a few months.  A few I've started working for again at much higher rates.
I have been window cleaning since 1991 and I've learned a lot in the last few months.