daniel b

WFP in the sun what a pain
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:23:06 pm »
Hi all
We cleaned a 3 storey block of flats yesterday,the windows on the back of the building in the shade came up brilliant,but the windows on the front not brilliant infact very bad, i think this is because of glaring sun,our TDS was defo 000,we had to go over the front at least 3 times.Has anybody else had these problems working in the sun with WFP,and is there a way to solve it.

Daniel
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Sir Squeaky

Re: WFP in the sun what a pain
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 06:03:57 pm »
No, but I nearly went blind doing the inside of a shop today. :o

I think the problem applies to trad cleaners in hot sun too.

dai

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 06:39:46 pm »
Hot sunny day's need not be a problem for trad cleaners, Just put some dishwasher rinse aid in your bucket with some cheap washing up liquid.
Use either the backflip or Wagtail combo tool. with the blade coming half an inch behind the pad or applicator the water has no time to dry. Dai

TERRY AB

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 08:41:08 pm »
The problem is that due to the heat, there isnt enough water gathering on the window as it continually evaporates.
Using hotter water will reduce this quite a lot, as it ill slow the heating up process.
The only thing to do is increase the amount/pressure of water being used. Or get a hot water system.
I have found that different brushes (hard, soft) can also make a difference: depending on how much water they can hold: Tucker has a WFP brush with a sponge in the middle for extreme temperatures.