Sean Dyer

Re: window cleaning rounds forsale....
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:54 am »
i have just paid a fiver as something is near one of my areas and the site sent me 2 passwords and neither worked! ;D

same happened to me i had 2 email to get it sorted

Steve CM

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 09:49:10 am »
yeah i've contacted them so waiting for a reply

are people really that bothered by paying £5.00? its not much really is it??

Sean Dyer

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 09:53:19 am »
I wasnt but i think it will really diminish the number of people who browse it to see, and therefore the number of prospective buyers is decreasing!

Steve CM

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 10:05:05 am »
i think its a positive thing. If people are serious about adding to their business or even just starting out. parting with some money will divide the tyre kickers from the real buyers.

I think it should be the same with the forums. At least then we should just be speaking with other professionals as opposed to every tom, dick and harry that surfs the net.

money shows a level of comitment!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 11:31:34 am »
Yeah i know what you mean

Its not just £5 the sub though its £20  a year

Just to read is alot i think

Sean Dyer

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 02:12:00 pm »
Yeah i know what you mean

Its not just £5 the sub though its £20  a year

Just to read is alot i think

Be careful as well if you do pay and dont want to pay all year as it automaticaly opens a subscrption in your paypal to take the money every 3 months

You have to go into your paypal account and click on it and then click cancel subscription if you dont want it to be a regular thing

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:24 pm »
I expect an increase of w/c rounds on ebay.... now after this decision.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

david wood

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 05:59:56 pm »
i wouldnt mind paying 5 pound if i wanted to sell a round but just to view rounds is a bit bad i think

windowswashed

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 01:40:00 pm »
Time will tell. If there are a cheaper alternatives some people will go elsewhere, ie forums, fleabay, newspapers, etc.

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 05:27:54 pm »
I would be happy to send the site owner a fiver if I bought work advertised on his site.  It's not so much about the fiver.  It just seems to not be in tune with internet culture (now there's an oxymoron if I ever saw one)   ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2009, 05:36:03 pm »
if i wanted to view the details of a business on something like rightbiz i think i would have to pay about 30 quid. they are succesful so i'm sure people pay it. maybe its just you tight old window cleaners that don't?! ;D

R W C

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2009, 05:48:26 pm »
if i wanted to view the details of a business on something like rightbiz i think i would have to pay about 30 quid. they are succesful so i'm sure people pay it. maybe its just you tight old window cleaners that don't?! ;D

cor blimey thats more then a harris pole lol  ;D

Totus

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 09:45:48 am »
I read with interest the above posts.

Anyone advertising a round for sale has good reason to be careful about what details they reveal.

The fact that you have to now pay to view the contact details is of benefit to those selling.
It means that only those sincerely interested in buying or selling a round will be able to contact them. Less time wasters, less spam mail and greater security.
Not everyone would want to post their livelihood details on the internet for the whole world to see.

I don't think the subscription rates are high, especially if you are going to advertise a round for sale.
(Plus don't forget that the subscription payment will soon include the used equipment section too.)

However, I do take on board the comments regarding being able to see the price of the rounds. I'll be humble enough to acknowledge that this could be a mistake. Perhaps it was a tad greedy to hide that too as it doesn't cause any security issues.

The web guy that I paid to make the changes is on holiday for a week but I will get him to change it when he gets back.

Thank you for your feedback.

We do have a lot of people using the site and yes, a lot of people will subscribe even if we hide the price, but believe it or not I'm not only interested in making money from the site but find satisfaction in providing a popular, well liked and well used resource for the benefit of all window cleaners.

I run this site pretty much on my own and obviously it takes a lot of time to run.
As said earlier - I have to make a living the same as anyone else. But  If it's going to cause our good reputation to suffer then I'll be happy to show the price.

For reasons already mentioned the hidden contact details remain.

Notification of new round adverts for full members does seem to have gone down well.

I regularily used the site to see if there is any work for sale in my area and after 6 months of looking everyday found some. I contacted the seller early last month (this was when you were displaying the price and the contact info).

Whilst I would have no problems paying to see the contact details I agree that the PRICE SHOULD BE DISPLAYED BASED ON THIS ONE FACT. IT IS STILL BEING ADVERTISED 3 WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE. IT WAS CREATED ON THE 10/10/09

I appreciate that it is the responsibility of the seller to update the information (if the site indeed allows seller to do this) but my point is, having spoken with him when I paid up he told me he had over 20 enquiries from agreeing to sell to me and me dropping off the dough, this was within 2 days.!!! 

If interested parties are now PAYING just to view the price of that particular work thinking that this is still available work when it is not, i'm sure you can appreciate that they might be a little miffed at this, as potentially, 20 people have paid to view the price and the contact details for work that is no longer available.

I think your site is great as it has given me the opportunity to expand my business by putting me in contact with someone, who without your site, I would not of been aware of.

As I am typing this maybe the "price", whilst an issue is not as important as ensuring all "rounds for sale" posts are accurate. May I therefore suggest that you look at finding a way for you programmer to create something in your backend administration system to ensure that all "rounds for sale" are indeed "for sale". Not sure how you'd go about this as you are reliant on seller informing you or updating the site so this work is expired off your system.

Hope this helps you improve and refine this section of your website. Good luck

M Henderson

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 01:26:04 pm »
I regularily used the site to see if there is any work for sale in my area and after 6 months of looking everyday found some. I contacted the seller early last month (this was when you were displaying the price and the contact info).

Whilst I would have no problems paying to see the contact details I agree that the PRICE SHOULD BE DISPLAYED BASED ON THIS ONE FACT. IT IS STILL BEING ADVERTISED 3 WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE. IT WAS CREATED ON THE 10/10/09

I appreciate that it is the responsibility of the seller to update the information (if the site indeed allows seller to do this) but my point is, having spoken with him when I paid up he told me he had over 20 enquiries from agreeing to sell to me and me dropping off the dough, this was within 2 days.!!! 

If interested parties are now PAYING just to view the price of that particular work thinking that this is still available work when it is not, i'm sure you can appreciate that they might be a little miffed at this, as potentially, 20 people have paid to view the price and the contact details for work that is no longer available.

I think your site is great as it has given me the opportunity to expand my business by putting me in contact with someone, who without your site, I would not of been aware of.

As I am typing this maybe the "price", whilst an issue is not as important as ensuring all "rounds for sale" posts are accurate. May I therefore suggest that you look at finding a way for you programmer to create something in your backend administration system to ensure that all "rounds for sale" are indeed "for sale". Not sure how you'd go about this as you are reliant on seller informing you or updating the site so this work is expired off your system.

Hope this helps you improve and refine this section of your website. Good luck

Previously it wasn't very clear to sellers how to go about notifying us that the round was sold. It was a case of sending us an email which was a bit primitive. Now that sellers have an account it is just a case of them logging in to remove or mark as sold their adverts. We will shortly make it so that you can see the price as mentioned.

Those selling will likely get fed up if they get lots of calls when the round is sold and log in. If the first to call is miffed becasue they paid they will likely say so which may prompt the seller to log in and update.
Other than that all we can really do is send an email periodically to those advertising requesting that they notify us ASAP if there is a sale. We could also explain why it is urgent that they notify us straight away at of a sale on the advert submission page.

You are quite right though, this is a potential problem. We will cetainly do our utmost to do our part in keeping the site up to date.

We are getting a lot full members due to the fact that they can receive email notification of rounds as soon as they are added.
This means they have already paid in advance and it's just a case of getting in there quick.

An advantage for all those with Blackberry's!

You can see as in the case of the guy you bought the round from why the Pay to View is a good 'filter' for sincere interest. If a guy receives 20 calls in 2 days how many of those were potential timewasters? Likely a few of them. I  do think from a sellers point of view this system is better as it does (as someone said earlier) mean that those who have paid to view the rounds have demonstrated a certain level of commitment.

aiminvestor

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 05:10:06 pm »
Not disclosing the price is a major mistake IMO.

Clearly if the price is disclosed, then if a person wants to take it forward, THAT would be the time to subscribe!

Anyone know how much the London round below is?

Posted on 07/10/09
Region: London
Type: Domestic and commercial
Monthly Avg Value : £4,500
Established For: 20 Years
---------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming it's a lot, so won't pay, but i MAY be wrong, so this highlights the problem if the price isn't displayed!
Dictum meum pactum

M Henderson

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 05:45:50 pm »
As already said earlier - I'm on to it.
Unfortunately, I'm not a PHP script writer and I'm waiting for my web guy to get back at the weekend.

I'll let someone else tell you the price - otherwise I'll likely get in trouble with anyone who has paid to see it already!

Mark

jonnyald

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 06:19:54 pm »
Not disclosing the price is a major mistake IMO.

Clearly if the price is disclosed, then if a person wants to take it forward, THAT would be the time to subscribe!

Anyone know how much the London round below is?

Posted on 07/10/09
Region: London
Type: Domestic and commercial
Monthly Avg Value : £4,500
Established For: 20 Years
---------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming it's a lot, so won't pay, but i MAY be wrong, so this highlights the problem if the price isn't displayed!

hi aimin , are you out there yet , surely u must be ??

forest

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 10:52:05 am »
Well as expected this has raised a lively debate.

I must admit when i saw the new layout i was disapointed to say the least.

Like anyone else who is looking for a round to buy to pay £5 is well worth the money. HOWEVER why would you want to pay only to find the round is overpriced etc?

This will lead to less selling and less interest.

As a supporter Of Mark Henderson and all the good this site has acheived i would hope this is changed so we can at least see the price.

I have already been looking elsewhere like the site below that gives full info...

http://www.wforsale.com/forsale.html

forest

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:05 am »

forest

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2009, 10:58:28 am »

THIS SHOULD READ www.wforsale.com/

(When i post it comes out differently for some reason)