LWC

vivaro chassis
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:48:30 pm »
just sorting the tank in me van, are your guys systems bolted through the chassis rale running parrel with the van?

NWH

Re: vivaro chassis
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »
just sorting the tank in me van, are your guys systems bolted through the chassis rale running parrel with the van?
You can bolt them to the floor,the best place to put them in those vans is about 2.5ft back from the bulkhead.You open the side door and you have loads of space for trad gear and spare bits and bobs,they have a battery connection under the passengers seat to wire everything to.

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 08:56:10 pm »
Is yours LWB then matt

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:59:04 pm »
watch it, the spys will be out and reporting you to your insurance companies

LWC

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 09:03:31 pm »
ive got a layflat 650. ive had a cage made around itand where the cage finishes itr runs parrelel with the chassis rails, can i go straight through them and bolt down?

(laughs at matt)

ftp

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »
You can bolt them to the floor,the best place to put them in those vans is about 2.5ft back from the bulkhead.You open the side door and you have loads of space for trad gear and spare bits and bobs,they have a battery connection under the passengers seat to wire everything to.

Bolt to the floor ??? NWH have you been drinking tonight?

LWC

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 09:25:49 pm »
please dont start the debate...do you know if i can go through this rail?

ftp

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 09:30:49 pm »
I got my local garage and mot centre to secure my ratchet straps and they went through my chassis in my citroen. Don't know if they used existing holes or wether they drilled new ones though.

stevekennedy

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 09:37:08 pm »
Need to go through the chassis. Definitely.

The competitor's system that Ionic crash tested was bolted through the floor using plates. It came loose at 30mph. The plates ripped right through the floorpan! Chassis is the way to go.

matt

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 10:34:49 pm »
you could get some brackets made that go over the rail and not though them

LWC

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:39:36 am »
no its ok i want to go through them. so theres no secret wires going through them before the drill comes out?

edd

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 10:25:17 am »
r u comim tonite for your spray tan lol

LWC

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 10:48:43 am »
can i come now lol?

riz

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 10:57:54 am »

The competitor's system that Ionic crash tested was bolted through the floor using plates. It came loose at 30mph. The plates ripped right through the floorpan! Chassis is the way to go.

Ionics do bolt through the floor using plates

LWC

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 11:00:36 am »

Ionics do bolt through the floor using plates
yeh ust have just been a test

ive just fgind a ideal place to go through, does anyone have pics? and are you sure you can just go through the chassis rails?

JSMC

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 12:48:15 pm »
honestly don't know about drilling into chassis rails TBH. I planned to go through floor with spreader plates.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 03:09:56 pm »
there are three ways to bolt a tank to the floor:

1. a mixture of bolts through the floor pan and chassis
2. bolts just through the chassis
3. bolts just through the floor pan

I recommend spreader plates for all methods and using method 1. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 03:58:21 pm »
There are also cross members running between the chassis rails on Vivaros.

Use these as well as the chassis and where you cant use eother chassis or cross members use large 6mm stainless spreader plates beneath the floor. You are fine to go through the chassis but don't rely on just nuts or nuts with washers. Again use spreader plates beneath the chassis and cross members.

You will have to drop the fuel tank to make sure the tank is properly secured.

We did a Vivaro on Friday. A 650 upright and we used 20 bolts evenly spread around the cage bottom. 6 on each long side and 4 on each short side.

On the bolts through the chassis and cross members we used stainless steel inserts in the holes into which the bolts were placed to strengthen the whole fitting. This is a LOT stronger than just through the chassis. Also don't forget to underseal each plate/bolt or you run the risk of rust.

Andrew

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 05:10:56 pm »
Andrew can you suply 400ilt tank upright. Also a cage for 400lit upright tank with bolts/plates?
Dave.

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 05:16:18 pm »
Andrew can you suply 400ilt tank upright. Also a cage for 400lit upright tank with bolts/plates?

Sorry Dave no I don't.

Carriage etc would make a decent cage expensive for you. Also it's pretty impossible to supply exactly the bolts and plates needed to fit properly.

I do fit tank/cage only though without pumps etc and you can be sure it would be fitted very safely.

Andrew