Stoots

window cleaning show
« on: September 15, 2022, 11:32:39 am »
Anyone going this Saturday?

I've never been so decided I'm off for a browse and grab a few bits . Who knows I might even splash out on something if it tickles my fancy.

Mike Halliday

Re: window cleaning show
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 06:18:41 pm »
Me and my mate are going, staying the Friday night in Lemington Spa.

Need to check out WFPs suitable for fascia/soffit cleaning
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 07:12:58 pm »
Never been, haven’t got time to faff about staring at squeegees and poles mate!

Sounds like the worst day out ever?

😜

Ascjim

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 08:12:57 pm »
We used to go when it was in Bridport. It's a bit cringe tbh.

Gringo

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 08:27:12 pm »
No

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 08:47:16 pm »
Nope pressure washing Saturday  8)

the king

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 09:04:30 pm »
I went once in bridport one took 10 minits too see everything then left 😂 should have just gone fishing instead 🤦

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 09:23:57 pm »
I went once in bridport one took 10 minits too see everything then left 😂 should have just gone fishing instead 🤦

Lol I went to that as well 2014 I think it was , wouldn’t go again , the guy who organised it claimed it’s the biggest show in the world 😂😂😂😂 totally deluded , he needs to go to the ones in America and Europe

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 08:57:31 am »
Woke up and decided not to go afterall 

Actually really wanted to go but 4 hour round trip put me off.  Saved about 60 quid of fuel  and I don't really need anything I can't buy online...

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 03:35:41 pm »
Anyone who attended the show today:
We’re there any decent reductions/ offers?

Jordan from Waterworks usually does a deal with his electric reels.
I was all set to go to the show but just come down with Covid so too rough.

T

NWH

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 04:48:51 pm »
I was gonna order a couple of those reels but they just look to toy like and plastic for my liking.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 05:13:25 pm »
I was gonna order a couple of those reels but they just look to toy like and plastic for my liking.

I wanted another xline one, i`ll just order one online or wait till black friday

Too many bad reports about the plastic waterworks ones

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2022, 05:31:22 pm »

I wanted another xline one, i`ll just order one online or wait till black friday

Too many bad reports about the plastic waterworks ones

We have 6 of them and they are very good , used with hot water as well , had more problems with the stainless steel pure freedom twin stack  reels than water works 3 D

NWH

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2022, 07:23:15 pm »
Maybe but they just look cheap and cheerful imo it’ll either be an Xline twin stack or Purefreedom twin,i think I’m right in saying that the Xline is very similar to the older style HD yeah.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2022, 08:17:44 pm »
Anyone who attended the show today:
We’re there any decent reductions/ offers?

Jordan from Waterworks usually does a deal with his electric reels.

Any bargains today then?
I was all set to go to the show but just come down with Covid so too rough.

T

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2022, 08:52:12 pm »
Maybe but they just look cheap and cheerful imo it’ll either be an Xline twin stack or Purefreedom twin,i think I’m right in saying that the Xline is very similar to the older style HD yeah.

It the exact same reel with more metal around it basically.

The only negative I can say about it (same as the original hd) is it overspins badly causing big loops of hose on the reel.

It can be solved by putting a bolt in the spindle though not got round to that yet

jo5hm4n

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2022, 10:23:05 pm »
We were at the show today with our own stand for the first year of attending.  I did take a look at all the suppliers and there was some good deals.  Probably equates to like 10-20% off on certain products like poles and reels etc.  I'd recommend it just for the chance to meet everyone, its a nice experience if nothing else.

Had a really good chat with the owner of Squeegee, decided to take the plunge and move over from CleanerPlanner when i can be arsed, probably when its quiet in winter.  He showed me all the new features coming to the app and it is game changing too be honest. 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2022, 02:00:58 am »
Why do you want a twin stack when you work on your own?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2022, 08:50:10 am »
I bought 2 new poles a big one and a little one, it was good to get my hands on poles of various materials to compare them.

I bought some brush heads for my fascia/soffit cleaning, again it was good to feel various brushes and talk to different suppliers on what they would recommend for F/S cleaning

Bought loads of little fitting and connectors to fill my spares box that I keep on the van

I bought a £5 (small) piece of chocolate cake……..robbing gits, didn’t realise until I got to the till
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2022, 09:14:47 am »
Why do you want a twin stack when you work on your own?

I work with a 2 man system. 18ft pole on one reel, 25 on the other. Saves swapping poles about during the day. Also you have a spare reel, hose, pump etc so if anything goes wrong you can continue working and fix it when you get home.