Poll

Is this the beginning of the end for CIU?

Yes
37.5%
18 (37.5%)
No
39.6%
19 (39.6%)
Slacky
8.3%
4 (8.3%)
Gardiners
2.1%
1 (2.1%)
All of em
12.5%
6 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dazmond

Re: Is CIU sunk?
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2020, 05:47:03 pm »
The Window Cleaning Facebook group that I belong to is very busy.

The alarming thing is the number of new starters up and down the country... There are so so many of them.

I think it will get to stage though where the market is so flooded with window cleaners that It will be impossible for anymore new starters to get into it properly and make a living from it so it will all balance out.

theres always new start ups everywhere...most dont last long due to not being able to find enough customers to make it pay......this is the number 1 reason they pack in within a year or two,also the physical nature of the job,bad weather and the boring,repetitive nature of cleaning windows can send some over the edge....... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Titan window cleaning services

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2020, 07:06:18 pm »
New starter here 👍  in jan i went out helping my father in law and liked doing the job and i always wanted to be my own boss so fitted perfect. And went for it while i was still working fulltime. Bought a van. Uniform. Tank. Signage. Leaflets and business cards and given other bit required which helped allot. So out of pocket for the nect few months.
Go out delivering my own leaflets as i believe i will get out what i put in via effort and money and luckily some work come up for sale aswell which has given me about 130 customers in total so on the way.
But i do look to this forum as well as others for tips but never really post as i have nothing to add as being new still.
So please dont full close off as i want to do this as a proper professional job and come here for advice.  :)

Smudger

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2020, 07:42:37 pm »
well done

still ask questions - its the best way to learn - if you have lurked on this forum long enough you see see/know who will give good advice and those who are keyboard warriors - I can think of at least 5 really good guys on her I would turn to if I needed advice

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2020, 08:20:08 pm »
Darren said I’m 1 of the ones he’d turn too 🤣.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2020, 11:10:44 pm »
Darren said I’m 1 of the ones he’d turn too 🤣.
I doubt that very much as you can’t even spell his name😉

Dry Clean

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2020, 08:01:05 am »
New starter here 👍  in jan i went out helping my father in law and liked doing the job and i always wanted to be my own boss so fitted perfect. And went for it while i was still working fulltime. Bought a van. Uniform. Tank. Signage. Leaflets and business cards and given other bit required which helped allot. So out of pocket for the nect few months.
Go out delivering my own leaflets as i believe i will get out what i put in via effort and money and luckily some work come up for sale aswell which has given me about 130 customers in total so on the way.
But i do look to this forum as well as others for tips but never really post as i have nothing to add as being new still.
So please dont full close off as i want to do this as a proper professional job and come here for advice.  :)
You've already done the hard bit Titan, enjoy the banter and take 99.99 % of the stuff you read on here with a pinch of salt.

NWH

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2020, 03:28:59 pm »
Just a pinch 🤏