mjm

spring controllers
« on: July 19, 2020, 09:05:44 pm »
i read on here people are getting them delivered to there door and i subscribe to a window  channel also he got one delivered too.

i needed a controller last week mine packed up so i called spring they clearly said we only supply to suppliers like adepta   i accepeted the answer and got one from adepta not a problem 
2 days later on here people getting spring delivered  happy with them and then on youtube differeent person saying  my new spring controller arrived today    are these  special orders or something

Stoots

Re: spring controllers
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 09:32:05 pm »
As far as I'm aware spring are the manufacturers and they sell to retail outlets only.

Most of the big window cleaning suppliers sell spring controllers with their own stickers on. Pure freedom, xline etc.

So when someone says they have got a spring controller it's from one of many suppliers not direct from spring.

Why would you want one direct from spring?

mjm

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 09:37:28 pm »
i read on here people are getting them delivered to there door and i subscribe to a window  channel also he got one delivered too.

i needed a controller last week mine packed up so i called spring they clearly said we only supply to suppliers like adepta   i accepeted the answer and got one from adepta not a problem 
2 days later on here people getting spring delivered  happy with them and then on youtube differeent person saying  my new spring controller arrived today    are these  special orders or something

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 04:44:05 pm »

Hi MJM.

The office were correct in that we batch build controllers for the distributors who supply the controllers into the retail market. Many of the controllers will be branded. We have found this means that the retail prices are set by a competetive market rather than by us and allows us to ficus on production, Development and support.  Meaning we can ensure good a quality British designed and built controllers are available quickly rather than having to wait for a unit to be built. 

As part of the launch for the new V16 controller a number of window cleaners who regularly post onto youtube received a controller from Spring in some special promotional packaging. They then produced some video reviews of the new controller and in the very usefully looked at wiring connections and DE calibration.

We do as part of our Warranty process offer a direct return to base inspection and repair service and advise via forums so we can support both the people using the controllers and the distributors.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

mjm

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 06:11:31 pm »
Fair one ian Sheppard  thanks for clearing that up sorry you had to come on here and explain it nice to see someone taking the time to do so I always buy off p freedom anyway  so no loss 👍

Mr.G

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 12:33:59 am »
Ian Sheppard, are the V11 controllers rainwater resistant? 
I've had conflicting answers on that, you must be the right person to ask.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 08:19:55 am »
Ian Sheppard, are the V11 controllers rainwater resistant? 
I've had conflicting answers on that, you must be the right person to ask.

Of course they are.....but try to keep them dry as much as possible..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 08:55:08 am »
IP65 rated.

Protected from water jets from any angle but not submersible.

Google it.

Mr.G

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 10:25:37 pm »
Ha, I got told that, waterproof but keep it dry,  eh??
The IP65 thing  seems to be ok as long as I dont jet wash it clean!

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 10:09:07 am »

Hi Mr G IP65 rated enclosures are water resistant to water continuously sprayed from any direction for 15 minutes. The highest water resistance rating is IP67 which are resistant for up to 30 minutes. Some of the top end mobiles claim to be IP67 but immersion will damage the phone as water would get into the charger point

So the controller would be resistant to rain showers. The controller is widely used in The States with systems on open bed trucks with little issue.

Some tips would be wipe any standing water of the top of a controller.  where we see water ingress its often due to water being left pooled on the top for long periods and eventually water will find a way in. 
On occasions we have seen controllers that have had holes drilled into them inside the IP65 seal.
All the controllers have moulded mounting points outside of the IP65 seal.

V16 Is Here

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 10:52:34 am »

Hi Mr G IP65 rated enclosures are water resistant to water continuously sprayed from any direction for 15 minutes. The highest water resistance rating is IP67 which are resistant for up to 30 minutes. Some of the top end mobiles claim to be IP67 but immersion will damage the phone as water would get into the charger point

So the controller would be resistant to rain showers. The controller is widely used in The States with systems on open bed trucks with little issue.

Some tips would be wipe any standing water of the top of a controller.  where we see water ingress its often due to water being left pooled on the top for long periods and eventually water will find a way in. 
On occasions we have seen controllers that have had holes drilled into them inside the IP65 seal.
All the controllers have moulded mounting points outside of the IP65 seal.

That's a good point.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Mr.G

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 12:34:12 am »
Thanks for the advice Ian
I think I'll make  a little sloping "roof" to prevent the pooling, cheers.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 11:08:45 am »
Thanks for the advice Ian
I think I'll make  a little sloping "roof" to prevent the pooling, cheers.

A suggestion is to use UPVC electrical insulation tape around the seal between the faceplate and back box where the controller is on a trolley or open truck bed system
V16 Is Here