dazmond

......ermmmm........yes! ;D......a walk up today just across the road from 2 x £25 houses i clean....the windows were awful ...spotting on nearly every window...... ;D

now if this was me id go back and reclean but this guy wont! ::)roll

anyway its his loss......£25 job and it took me 30 mins first clean but will only take 20 next time...happy days.... :)

the customer thinks he didnt use purified water but i reckon he was skimping on water(25L trolley),coupled with his inexperience(he only switched over to wfp a few months ago apparently).also most of the windows are wooden sash windows and we all know we have to be careful when rinsing these particular windows(esp at the top of the lower panes)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

Like us all when we first start you think it’s a magic wand and you don’t need any technique to clean them properly,like anything even with WFP you make mistakes and you learn about different windows and how they come up problem windows etc.
I still say even with WFP it’s takes a few good years before you can clean silly quick and know you’ve done a good or adequate job,the regular work you do needs learning first we’ve probably all done jobs in the past that we’re awful but we’ve got away with it.

Bungle

Like us all when we first start you think it’s a magic wand and you don’t need any technique to clean them properly,like anything even with WFP you make mistakes and you learn about different windows and how they come up problem windows etc.
I still say even with WFP it’s takes a few good years before you can clean silly quick and know you’ve done a good or adequate job,the regular work you do needs learning first we’ve probably all done jobs in the past that we’re awful but we’ve got away with it.

The man talks sense. Who’d have thunked it eh  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

Lol I think back to when I first went 100% WFP some must have looked like someone had chucked milk over em lol,if you know what you are doing today look back you didn’t then it’s like learning all over again those that don’t think that will go so far then hit a brick wall when they switch,I learn every time I clean the same house again how to be more efficient which way to go where to park etc,it takes time. 👍

NWH

Don’t ever forget how you get a customer because you lose them the same way as you gained them more often than not,I bet you aren’t the first WC she’s said that too m8.

dazmond

ive just had a text off the new customer.......windows are looking good!and of course payment has been made into my account........ :)

swanson

Happy days ;D ;D

NWH

Lol see if it’s the same in 12 months or during winter months Daz that’s when customers show their true colours m8.

robbo333

Sounds reasonable.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

deeege

Similar thing happened to me last Friday, except it was 2 nice sized offices at £480 per clean 8 weekly 😄
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

Hear it every week customers looking for trad cleaners as they have tried the wfp and it leaves a mess  ???

There are guys out there giving it a bad name. That said it's never going to be 100% perfect and all of us even after years of cleaning will still get the odd complaint, in fact if I didn't get the odd complaint I'd be worried as I do crack the work out at a decent rate.

NWH

I don’t get complaints these days really like I’ve said you get to know what work you have and pitfalls if there are any,if I took on a house these days that gave me  cleaning problems I wouldn’t continue to do it.

KS Cleaning

I don’t get complaints these days really like I’ve said you get to know what work you have and pitfalls if there are any,if I took on a house these days that gave me  cleaning problems I wouldn’t continue to do it.
Maybe you need to send yourself on one of those WFP courses that you mentioned on another thread😉

NWH

Did you read what I put on that thread or are you meaning to be an idiot on purpose all over again and again and again oh yeah and again. 🙄

Spruce

Hear it every week customers looking for trad cleaners as they have tried the wfp and it leaves a mess  ???

There are guys out there giving it a bad name. That said it's never going to be 100% perfect and all of us even after years of cleaning will still get the odd complaint, in fact if I didn't get the odd complaint I'd be worried as I do crack the work out at a decent rate.

Some trad cleaners have also given themselves a bad reputation. We often hear them described as port hole cleaners in this part of the world. But when they still charge £2.50 for a 3 bed house front they are never dumped by the customer.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

i picked up 2 more jobs today because of a disappearing window cleaner! :D.....i told them im a fiver more expensive(he was charging £10 each for them,my minimum is £15 for these types of properties)......im happy to take on these jobs right next to other work..... :)...10 mins each to clean to a good standard......

steve rix

We charge that per window!!

Some trad cleaners have also given themselves a bad reputation. We often hear them described as port hole cleaners in this part of the world. But when they still charge £2.50 for a 3 bed house front they are never dumped by the customer.

SB Cleaning

i picked up 2 more jobs today because of a disappearing window cleaner! :D.....i told them im a fiver more expensive(he was charging £10 each for them,my minimum is £15 for these types of properties)......im happy to take on these jobs right next to other work..... :)...10 mins each to clean to a good standard......
£90 a hour on that part of your work then?

You must live in a very nice house on that money....

It’s hilarious isn’t it  ;D

dazmond

of course not because as we all know we lose time packing away,moving the van,5 min chat with a customer,etc but im still consistently earning £45-£50 an hour as an AVERAGE hourly rate over the course of all my work....which im happy with... :)